April 2013 Moms

Kinda scared..

I've been doing well with losing weight, but I'm in that weird in-between phase of not being anywhere near fitting in my pre-preg jeans (which were getting tight anyway b/c I was gaining weight) and maternity jeans fitting awkwardly. 

I feel like I should go get a pair of denim capris or jeans or something to get me through while I'm losing weight. However, I'm slightly terrified of going shopping and finding out I'm some huge size. I feel like it will really mess me up mentally and make me feel bad about myself. So far, I have been wearing workout pants with nursing tanks or maxi dresses but I need to expand my wardrobe a bit more.

I don't know what to do! Maybe buy a few more maxi dresses? or do I bite the bullet and buy "fat pants"? 

Re: Kinda scared..

• I gave into a couple pair of tie waist shorts from loft. The will still fit if and when I lose the flab. Other than that I live in pajamas or maxi dresses, my old regular dresses dont even it yet.

• even if you are a size you dont want to be, at least you will look much better than wearing maternity jeans. believe me, you will feel much better having new clothes that fit how you are now. I've never been more than a size 6 but i just bought a  few pairs of pants bigger than that and oddly enough it doesnt bother me because im wearing clothes that FIT. just DO IT!  haha
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRussianMommy:
    even if you are a size you dont want to be, at least you will look much better than wearing maternity jeans. believe me, you will feel much better having new clothes that fit how you are now. I've never been more than a size 6 but i just bought anbsp; few pairs of pants bigger than that and oddly enough it doesnt bother me because im wearing clothes that FIT. just DO IT!nbsp; haha

I agree! I bought a pair of jeans a size bigger than usual yesterday and, even though I want to lose the weight and get back down to my old size, it is so nice to be comfortable in something other than yoga pants. I feel like a "real" person!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try to be easy on yourself...you just had a baby! I haven't been inside a fitting room yet, but that's the mantra I'm going in with. It's easy to compare ourselves to all the skinny people, but we've just been through a lot, and should give ourselves some slack.
  • Ya I made mistake of finding out my HUGE size..upset me
  • I went to old navy and had to ask the clerk for a larger size than I had thought. Not happy about it but I know I look better wearing clothes that fit then too small or too big. Go for it don't look too much at the size and just know you will look better with clothes that fit.
  • Yoga pants and capris! I'm fitting into my pre pregnancy pants yet I still go to black yoga pants and capris most days.
  • Size is just a number... All that matters is that the clothes fit you. Cut out the tags if you want, but buy a few new pieces that you feel good in.  It doesn't feel good to be living in sweats. And I think you need to give yourself a break. You just had a baby, you get to take some time to get back to "normal".
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagepinottoparenthood:
    Size is just a number... All that matters is that the clothes fit you. Cut out the tags if you want, but buy a few new pieces that you feel good in.  It doesn't feel good to be living in sweats. And I think you need to give yourself a break. You just had a baby, you get to take some time to get back to "normal".

All of this! I'm about 4 pants sizes bigger now than my ideal. I bought a pair of shorts the other day and couldn't try them on... bought a size smaller than I need. :-( It sucks, but wearing maternity shorts at this point sucks even more.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • elbouelbou member

imagepinottoparenthood:
    Size is just a number... All that matters is that the clothes fit you. Cut out the tags if you want, but buy a few new pieces that you feel good in.  It doesn't feel good to be living in sweats. And I think you need to give yourself a break. You just had a baby, you get to take some time to get back to "normal".

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded. Also, I find it helps to remember how ridiculous sizing is anyway.

For example: my size 10 pre-pregnancy jeans are too tight on me, so I went and bought some size 12 jeans. The size 12's are so loose I can slide them off without even unbuttoning them, but the size 12 capris I had last summer are so tight they were digging into my hips, and left red marks last time I wore them. All 3 pairs are from the same store! It really is just a number.

Good luck finding something that you feel good in!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I came back to say exactly what Pinot said above -- as somebody who has been up and down the weight flagpole my whoel lief, I know how frustrating it is to need a bigger size, but it DOESN'T Matter.  For starters, you're that size already whether or not you buy a new pair of jeans. You can always cut the tags off (I have many pairs of tagless pants!).  You will feel a thousand times better when you buy a new pair of pants that fit and flatter, that you feel CONFIDENT in. 

And the you have your "normal" jeans as goal pants.  And you can try them on once every few days until they fit again -- and your currnet jeans become your "fat pants" that you can save for this phase if you have more children.

I actually think the first step, for me, in getting committed to weight loss is buyign a pair of bigger pants -- it makes me say "Okay, time to get serious!"  But in the meantime, you gotta look and feel good!

remember that your weight doesn't define you, and neither does the size of your jeans.  You just created a human being inside your body and brought him (her?) healthily into this world. 

Be kind to yourself.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"