Babies: 0 - 3 Months

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• We did right away. Took LO to a fundraiser supper open house at 3 days old, church the next day, etc.
  • I took DD to the grocery store at 1 week. We waited for church until she was 2 1/2 weeks, but that was only because she was a little fussy in the morning.   
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's fine to take them out where people WANT to hold them but if you actually plan to let them do so you're better off waiting until baby has had some shots.  A sick baby isn't something you want to deal with so I really wouldn't be passing the baby around but public places are fine.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Jack is a month and I still haven't taken him out and probably will not for a couple of more weeks.  Check for whopping cough outbreaks in your area before you do. There are 25 children close to me in Michigan in Ann Arbor that have pertussis, which can be fatal to infants. 
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsR11MrsR11 member

We went to church a week after LO was born, because one of my cousins was doing a baby dedication for her baby. I kept LO in his car seat though, so no one held him. Call me paranoid, but I wasn't ready for people I didn't know very well to be handling him. It went just fine :-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We wet back to church at 5 weeks but no one was really pushing about holding. Most moms know its too young and the one younger girl that asked we just said no because LO wasn't immunized yet.

We went other place around 2 weeks, the mall, parks etc. no one bothered us.

• evertzevertz member
    imagelvetter622:
    to take the LO out to public places you know people are going to want to hold them ie: church?
    At our 2 week appointment our pedi said not to take baby where a bunch of people would want to hold him especially if there's kids until after he's started his shots. We've taken him to see family and have let people hold him but not kids. Other than that we plan to follow pedi's advice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My pedi said no public places until first round of shots.

Also, 4 months is really when you can take them in restaurants, etc. But she said no movies, malls, Disneyland, etc until older because its tons of ppl in a small place where air is not circulated well. I agree!

Ppl say its hard but its not. If you want to eat find somewhere with an outdoor patio area, etc.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• I took my son to the store a few days after he was born. Everyone who wanted to hold him held him in the hospital. We had a family reunion a few weeks before he got his shots, but people held him. The ones who were sort of sick didn't hold him, and they knew better, voluntarily removing themselves from the room. 

I find if you leave a baby in a car seat, people are less likely going to ask you to take him out so they can hold him. Especially if they aren't family.

They also sell little things to hang on the car seat that says "Please wash your hands before touching me"... I saw it while in the Pedi office.. I thought it was hilarious. 

• imagekmornelas29:
    My pedi said no public places until first round of shots. Also, 4 months is really when you can take them in restaurants, etc. But she said no movies, malls, Disneyland, etc until older because its tons of ppl in a small place where air is not circulated well. I agree! Ppl say its hard but its not. If you want to eat find somewhere with an outdoor patio area, etc.

everyone has to make her own personal parenting decisions, and I respect that you want to protect your child. However, I think this is overkill. My baby has been to restaurant, the mall, etc., and has never been sick. We started taking him to BRU and target when he was only a few days old. I did not take him around a crowd of people who would want to hold him until he was over six weeks, though. My mother-in-law wanted to do a big family gathering to meet the baby, and I made her wait until he was seven weeks old.

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • We took DD3 to church at 5 days. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I think I first took my daughter out at 4 weeks. She was 7 weeks before we actually visited my work and people could hold her and 8 weeks the first time she went to church. I always heard to try to wait until the baby is six weeks but that can be somewhat unrealistic. In my case, My mom left at 3 weeks, my husband as been deployed for the last 9 months so at 4 weeks we went to the grocery store out of necessity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"