March 2013 Moms

Early AM FFFC

I'm at work with some confessions ready so I'm gonna go ahead and spill!

It pisses me off when low acuity patients in the hospital are so self centered that they seem to think they are the only patient their nurse is assigned to. The funny part is, it never seems to be the patients that need care the most that have thy mindset, in my experience it is the people that will be discharged in a day and will go on to be perfectly healthy. It makes me so sad when a patient with a greater need than another ends up on the back burner for lack of a better expression because the other patient is more high maintenance. People that aren't in a hospital environment every day would be shocked by just how common this is. Flame away.

Re: Early AM FFFC

• Kota26Kota26 member
    My very large dog was outside in the rain so I let him in. He walked into the living room and shook, spraying water all over LO who was napping on his activity mat. Whoops!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I own a bright pink pair of velour pants with PINK across the back, but do not wear them in public, or with my Uggs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBliss+Berry:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I own a bright pink pair of velour pants with PINK across the back, but do not wear them in public, or with my Uggs.

OK, mine is worse.

I own several matching velour sweatsuits.  None of them have writing on the butt, but I do wear them in public.  Usually on top of gym or dance clothes because they are so easy to pull on over. But only when it's cold, which rarely happens here.

:::::blushes:::::

I am a fashion don't. 

On the way to dance doesn't count! You're good.
  • OK...so DH had mentioned a while back about everyday he comes home I am in "mommy mode" (no make-up, jammies, hair bonnet..blah blah). Ok so I got his point because I'm still a wife as well as a mother and I would still like to be seen as at least semi-sexy while I work on getting my pre-preggo body back. 

So now I freshen up about 30 minutes before he's due home everyday...make sure the bed is made and the kitchen is clean and all the vital things are taken care of. He used to text me to let me know he's on his way home as an FYI...this always gave me the heads up if I was running behind on "the freshening up".  Well lately he's been coming home a little early and not even giving me the heads up so he's been catching me "unfreshened"(if that's a word) and it's been ticking me off! 

If you're gonna complain about me being in "mommy mode" all the time at least give me the heads up when you'll be home early.I refuse to go around the house all day cleaning and washing and folding undies and onesies looking "cute" just in case he comes home early. Since I decided to be a SAHM, "mommy" is my all day role until he gets home....If he's going to complain about how I look when he gets home, he can at least have the decency of letting me know he's coming home early so I can be in "wife" mode before he gets home...or else STFU about my make up free face and jammies! Ugh!

• my tolerance to caffine is so high, it's disturbing.  i drink three cups of coffee and two glasses of iced tea every morning. last week, i drank a red bull, then went to bed about half an hour later because i was tired.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I also would like to see what a hair bonnet is lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejahjbmr:
    I also would like to see what a hair bonnet is lol

i am picturing what the mennonite and amish women wear lol :) although, i'm sure that's not what she's referring to.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The other morning, I let my little one cry longer than I typically would so I could finish doing my hair and make up. I felt terribly guilty for it but it had been days since I took more than a 2 minute shower and actually dried my hair and got dressed. It needed to be done!
  • I can't even count the days DH comes home and my hair is a mess and I don't have make up on. I'm not about to fix my hair so I can pull it back 10 minutes later or take 10 minutes to do make up if I'm not even leaving the house. And if DH said anything about it I would rip him a new one!

I think it's super important not to lose yourself when you're a mom so that's why I still get out and about plenty [ie.. Clothed and made up!] but that's not important to me if I'm not going anywhere.

That goes to show how different we all are! [im on mobile so pretend I have a smiley face here].

• imagelkm2006:
    I can't even count the days DH comes home and my hair is a mess and I don't have make up on. I'm not about to fix my hair so I can pull it back 10 minutes later or take 10 minutes to do make up if I'm not even leaving the house. And if DH said anything about it I would rip him a new one! I think it's super important not to lose yourself when you're a mom so that's why I still get out and about plenty [ie.. Clothed and made up!] but that's not important to me if I'm not going anywhere. That goes to show how different we all are! [im on mobile so pretend I have a smiley face here].

This is me exactly.

I started working from home a year before getting pregnant, so I went from being super dressed up every day to wearing pajamas or sweatshirts and jeans every day. DH commented on it once way back then, about how he missed seeing me all dressed up all the time, but he had the sense to not say anything once I got pg and would still be in pajamas when he got home, and definitely not now when I'm lucky to get a shower in every other day (sometimes less than that).

I do go out at least two or three times a week though and do make sure I look nice and clean and everything then. But when I'm at home with a baby who spits up all over me all day (and I change my shirt 6 times a day), no way am I going to put on a nice outfit and do my hair nice only to have it messed up seconds later. But to each her own :)  

• I wore an 11 year old sorority shirt to the gym the other day. LOL

DH asked why I was so dressed up yesterday when he came home. I had a maxi dress on and I had gone to a lunch. So funny that a maxi dress is considered dressed up for me now.

• imagebookitup:
    Since spending so much time holding and rocking a baby I our recliner, I have become addicted to online shopping. I liked shopping before, but wasn't obsessed. Now, with hardly another outlets and an iPad and smartphone at hand, I cannot stop buying! And it's mostly cloth diapering supplies...I've even started my own little economy over here, buying and selling when I have too much. Ugh.

I could have written this myself, haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagebookitup:

imageJmeJme:
    imagebookitup:
    Since spending so much time holding and rocking a baby I our recliner, I have become addicted to online shopping. I liked shopping before, but wasn't obsessed. Now, with hardly another outlets and an iPad and smartphone at hand, I cannot stop buying! And it's mostly cloth diapering supplies...I've even started my own little economy over here, buying and selling when I have too much. Ugh.

I was hoping you'd get me! : ) 

I replied to this after looking at a CD swap group while DD napped on me.... I didn't buy anything, though. I wanted to, but I didn't, haha.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagebookitup:
    imageJmeJme:
    imagebookitup:

imageJmeJme:
    imagebookitup:

I was hoping you'd get me! : ) 

I replied to this after looking at a CD swap group while DD napped on me.... I didn't buy anything, though. I wanted to, but I didn't, haha.

You are a strong woman. The worst thing that's happened to my addiction is discovering Facebook B/S/T groups. Holy time suck. It's like a newsfeed but with things you can buy! 

No kidding! I had to make them stop showing up in my newsfeed, otherwise, I get sucked in.

Well, other than the local CD group. Not gonna pass up something I want without having to pay shipping costs.

Hi, I'm Jamie, and I'm addicted to online shopping and cloth diapers. Bad combination.

BabyFruit Ticker

• kk1160kk1160 member
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imagejahjbmr:
    I also would like to see what a hair bonnet is lol

i am picturing what the mennonite and amish women wear lol :) although, i'm sure that's not what she's referring to.

Yes, please explain.

FFFC: LO was so noisy last night (laughs while he sleeps) that we didn't get any rest at all! Therefore, I hit snooze 3 times and didn't shower before work today. I baby wiped the necessary areas and put on deodorant. I don't even care, it's Friday... finally!

• Yesterday I made red hot velvet cupcakes for DH the in laws since we will be together for Father's Day partly just so that DH will feel a little bad that we literally did nothing at all for Mother's Day, not even take out, fast food dinner while moving apartments. Mother's Day was a busy day for us, so it was poor planning on our part, but since LO was cooperating with me yesterday so I figured I had some time to do something special.
  • imageRunner1981:
    I didn't know how to adequately clean LOs wee wee and he wound up with a little rash when you pull back the skin that wound up being infected and needed to go to the doctor. I had no idea, I just thought it was red and was just trying to keep his diaper dry. Daycare told me something was up and he needed to go to the doctor. I would still be clueless. Talk about feeling like a crappy mother.

Runner, I don't think you are supposed to do anything special to clean them so don't feel bad...it was probably just a random thing.

• I didn't really think our board had "cliques" or mean girls really, until I read yesterday's UO. Everyone seems kind of mellow.
  • If I buy something at the grocery store and don't want to share it I hide it in the pantry lol

I also have an online shopping addiction, but it's for ridiculous baby flower headbands. I've already ordered 3 today!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I didn't really think our board had "cliques" or mean girls really, until I read yesterday's UO. Everyone seems kind of mellow.

I'd say we're still pretty tame compared to some other boards and their UO threads....

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ok soooo. I couldn't figure out how to post a pic but a hair bonnet for sleeping is what Laura and Mary Ingalls wore in Little House on the Prairie except its satin and it's mainly for either keeping your hair in place while you sleep as well as to prevent breakage in lieu of a satin pillow case. 

I know it's ugly but sometimes I leave it on when I'm around the house.I don't even step out on my patio wearing it. But to make matters worse....it's leopard print.....LOL 

• imageBliss+Berry:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I own a bright pink pair of velour pants with PINK across the back, but do not wear them in public, or with my Uggs.

OK, mine is worse.

I own several matching velour sweatsuits.  None of them have writing on the butt, but I do wear them in public.  Usually on top of gym or dance clothes because they are so easy to pull on over. But only when it's cold, which rarely happens here.

I am a fashion don't. 

Sadly, I actually had a maternity one.  And I wore it.  In public. Several times.  Ok, many times.

And it definitely was not because I was working out.      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok, my official FFFC is that for the past several weeks, my TV has been on pretty much all day.  I have a very high maintenance two year old and PBS Kids is the only way I can take care of the baby, get things done and keep her semi-happy.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can barely tolerate my FIL. Yesterday, when my 11 wo wasn't responding to him (?!) he started CLAPPING in his face. Loudly. I felt like screaming, "would you like someone clapping in your face?" 

He wears nasty cologne and I immediately change AND bathe LO because I cannot stand my sweet baby smelling like that.  

• I have probably worn make up 15 times in the past 5 months. I stopped wearing it when I was 7 months pregnant and still haven't really started wearing it. The hubby hasn't said anything but he always says I look nice when I put it on.
    And. .... I have no idea what all the codes mean. LO DH and so on.
    Jenny DiLo
  • imagetashadee75:

Ok soooo. I couldn't figure out how to post a pic but a hair bonnet for sleeping is what Laura and Mary Ingalls wore in Little House on the Prairie except its satin and it's mainly for either keeping your hair in place while you sleep as well as to prevent breakage in lieu of a satin pillow case. 

I know it's ugly but sometimes I leave it on when I'm around the house.I don't even step out on my patio wearing it. But to make matters worse....it's leopard print.....LOL 

Ok, that's hilarious. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess my FFC is that I don't wear make-up. I'll use a little concealer and blush and curl my eyelashes if I'm doing something important, but that's about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagePippaLee33:
    imageBliss+Berry:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:

OK, mine is worse.

I am a fashion don't. 

Sadly, I actually had a maternity one.  And I wore it.  In public. Several times.  Ok, many times.

I don't own any of these, but this just made me smile! I think they're fine, but the ones that say juicy on the butt just kinda conjure up gross implications.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageswelniak:
    imagePippaLee33:
    imageBliss+Berry:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:

OK, mine is worse.

I am a fashion don't. 

I don't own any of these, but this just made me smile! I think they're fine, but the ones that say juicy on the butt just kinda conjure up gross implications.

Oh man, the juicy apparel is worse!
  • imageegb+jaf:
    I'm at work with some confessions ready so I'm gonna go ahead and spill! It pisses me off when low acuity patients in the hospital are so self centered that they seem to think they are the only patient their nurse is assigned to. The funny part is, it never seems to be the patients that need care the most that have thy mindset, in my experience it is the people that will be discharged in a day and will go on to be perfectly healthy. It makes me so sad when a patient with a greater need than another ends up on the back burner for lack of a better expression because the other patient is more high maintenance. People that aren't in a hospital environment every day would be shocked by just how common this is. Flame away.

THIS! This is far more petty, but last night I was feeding drunk patients left and right and I went almost 12 hours without eating. Oh, and was busy with baby before my shift and forgot to eat before I went in!

• imagebookitup:

This. I think I may have to get pregnant again soon to justify all of my cloth purchases!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"