Babies: 0 - 3 Months

when do you bathe baby?

I'm trying to establish a good time to bathe LO. Do you do it at night? After feeding, before feeding?
together since 2006
full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
Bloodwork: normal
2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
New RE appt 8/14/12
IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
Beta #1 BFP! 97
Beta #2 234
Beta #3 4937
ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
10/20/12 graduated!!!
EDD 6/7/12
Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: when do you bathe baby?

• I do it in the evening before the final feeding of the night. If I do it right after eating, he fills the tub with spit up, so it's a little pointless. I only do it every other day and sometimes a little less, depending on how dirty he is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• be888be888 member
    Sometimes in the morning after his nap, because he's in a better mood or at night before his last feeding. I only bathe him every other day, unless he really needs it.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Loading the player...
  • Feed, shower, feed. We take 20 minute showers because she loves the water so much, so she ready for another eating after.

We shower every night but only do soap every other night or when needed. Sometimes just warm water to relax n calm before the night.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• she get's a bath everynight, but i only use soap on monday and thursday, unless she needs it.  i think the warm water soathes her, and helps her pass gas.  she get's her bath before she eats.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • +ASH++ASH+ member
    We usually do them before the last feeding every night. It helps her sleep. Although occasionally I'll give her one in the morning whenever it fits in the schedule. That's what we'll be doing today because I was too tired last night. 
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • With our first kiddo it was an essential part of the bed time routine.  With the second kiddo it happened whenever I could make it happen. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We bathe every other day. What works for us is bathing 1/2 hour after our late afternoon feeding. Our routine used to be much later (with bed time around 10) but DD loves to be in bed by 7, so our evening looks like the usually:

3pm Nurse

4pm Bath & PJs

5pm Nurse

6:30pm Swaddle & BM bottle

7pm Bed 

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Just want to add...

At 1 week we only did 2 baths a week and had no routine until about 1.5 months. But I always bathed DD late afternoon/early afternoon.  

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• At the minute we give little one a shower in the morning. I nurse her, then shower, clothed then nurse again then she goes down for her morning nap. Ideally we should probably switch this to late evening.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Usually at night every couple days.  I give her a wipe down with a soapy washcloth throughout the day when she gets messy.  She doesn't hate the bath but I don't think it really relaxes her.  She honestly looks confused by it!
  • I've tried to establish a bedtime routine starting with a bath, but I wasn't successful because LO's evenings are currently unpredictable. Sometimes she has really bad reflux episodes, and taking a bath makes her cry more. And her bedtimes have varied, so there were days when she would fall asleep before my planned bath. She's in a much better mood in the mornings, so after her morning feeding, I wait about half an hour, then I bathe her in her bathtub every other day. I give her a light sponge bath on alternating days. Usually by the time we're finished, she's ready for her morning nap. Maybe later on whenever she outgrows her reflux, we'll switch baths to the evenings.
  • imageSmoothieQueen:
    she get's a bath everynight, but i only use soap on monday and thursday, unless she needs it.  i think the warm water soathes her, and helps her pass gas.  she get's her bath before she eats.

Same here.  We only use soap on nights she spit up a lot or smells a little stinky.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do it about 30 minutes, sometimes more, after the last feeding then get DD in her swaddle and rock to sleep. Sometimes she'll get a midday bath because of a massive spit up or poopy diaper so she just gets a wipe down before swaddle and bed those days. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"