February 2013 Moms

***What went well this week?***

It seems like we have a lot of tired Mamas on this board (myself included!) but I'm sure we had some good things happen! Let's hear!

We had DS's 4 month check up and he was deemed "perfect" by the doc - always nice to hear.

I think I actually solved a bit of the sleep problems around here. I realized when I went up in ounces for DS's bottles we didn't spread the time out because I was mistaking tired cues with hunger cues. I also have learned that not all wake times are created equal - he tends to go shorter in the morning and longer in the late afternoon/evening. So I think I was letting him get overtired. I've seen some improvement with naps and night sleep. He went 10 hours Wednesday night and 8 hours last night. ::fingers crossed:: we keep it up for a while!

And NBR but I tried on a pair of pre-preggo jeans and while they are a bit more snug in the thigh and I have a bit of flab I can actually wear them comfortably! I remember trying them right after DS was born and they wouldn't go up over my legs. :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: ***What went well this week?***

• I fell off the diet wagon Sat-Mon, but got back on and stayed on to date.

Tummy time success!!! DD now actually likes tummy time 2-3 times a day for longer than 30 seconds at a time! We actually get a good 2-4 minutes in each time! She'll babble while she's holding her head up, too, so I know she's finally comfortable in that position.

DD hit a mile stone by batting at her chimes two days ago. She started acknowledging them (they are a cow and chicken that hang from her car seat handle) a while back by talking to them. Last week I showed her how to bat at them but realized she couldn't really reach and didn't give it a second thought. DH called me into the room on Tuesday to see her batting at them and hitting them! These are basically her only toys right now (we have stuff like a bear rattle and a crochet shark that she rarely sees, but no activity mats or anything) so I was surprised to see that just before three months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSidraJedi:

I fell off the diet wagon Sat-Mon, but got back on and stayed on to date.

Tummy time success!!! DD now actually likes tummy time 2-3 times a day for longer than 30 seconds at a time! We actually get a good 2-4 minutes in each time! She'll babble while she's holding her head up, too, so I know she's finally comfortable in that position.

DD hit a mile stone by batting at her chimes two days ago. She started acknowledging them (they are a cow and chicken that hang from her car seat handle) a while back by talking to them. Last week I showed her how to bat at them but realized she couldn't really reach and didn't give it a second thought. DH called me into the room on Tuesday to see her batting at them and hitting them! These are basically her only toys right now (we have stuff like a bear rattle and a crochet shark that she rarely sees, but no activity mats or anything) so I was surprised to see that just before three months.

So cute and exciting!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Putting DS down awake has gone really well. I've been able to put him down for bedtime awake for a month now and this week I've been working on naps. I never thought we would get to this point but I just put him down for his morning nap wide awake. He cooed, babbled, whined and then went to sleep. I'm not into CIO and have done a lot of work to avoid it by making slow changed over time so this is a huge milestone! My mom is completely amazed. The thought that you can put an awake baby in a crib and walk away and he will go to sleep without crying dumbfounds her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • imagekbates85:
    Putting DS down awake has gone really well. I've been able to put him down for bedtime awake for a month now and this week I've been working on naps. I never thought we would get to this point but I just put him down for his morning nap wide awake. He cooed, babbled, whined and then went to sleep. I'm not into CIO and have done a lot of work to avoid it by making slow changed over time so this is a huge milestone! My mom is completely amazed. The thought that you can put an awake baby in a crib and walk away and he will go to sleep without crying dumbfounds her.

What an awesome accomplishment! DS is does the same at bedtime - and I also just started working on naps! 

• DD is officially completely unswaddled. She sleeps in a sleep sack now, and she's doing great.

Also, yesterday she started her typical refusing to nap in the afternoon, so on a whim I tried a modified Ferber method. She cried for about 8 minutes total. I went in twice. The second time, I put the pacifier in her mouth and she rolled onto her side and slept for 1.5 hours. Last night at bedtime I only had to go in once to soothe and she went right to sleep, with no waking up until her early morning feed. And this morning I put her down completely awake and she went to sleep immediately! I didn't have to go back in at all! I am totally amazed that it could really be this easy. I'm not convinced that it will remain this easy, but I'm enjoying it for now! 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Kleigh and Jersey - hooray for sleep! I'm so glad things are working out for you both!

(Sorry - guess I'm in the mood to be everyone's cheerleader today! :P) 

• Audra has transitioned from the RNP to her PNP. And she's still STTN. She also has begun rolling and trying to sit up more often. Next week, we fly to visit my dad in Vegas. Our first solo trip without DH. I do need to work on her baby book...I have through month three done, but haven't added on her 1st mother's day or father's day pages.
  • After our girl's early weight loss and slow gain, our pedi isn't worried.  She's only on the 6th percentile for weight, but she's super happy and meeting all of her other milestones.  I decided that since pedi's not worried, I'm not going to worry and just enjoy my girl being little. :)  She also got two shots and while she was pissed off and crying (wouldn't even eat, though she was likely hungry) for about 20 mins after, she fell asleep in the car and slept through Costco. :)  Once she got her bottle that she was really hungry for, she was her happy self for the rest of the day.  Woot!  The first time she got shots she was super fussy that evening, so I was happy it went better this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll second the letting baby put herself to sleep. I've always nursed her to sleep, but lately she'll eat but then she's wide awake and talking and playing with her feet.
    So I've just been setting her in the PnP with her favorite stuffed animal too talk too and she's asleep in about 10 minutes. Hooray!
    Now we're working to stop nursing to sleep for naps... I'm writing this as she's fast asleep at the boob =
    I have no idea how to get her to sleep otherwise.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imageknickerbockers:
    I'll second the letting baby put herself to sleep. I've always nursed her to sleep, but lately she'll eat but then she's wide awake and talking and playing with her feet. So I've just been setting her in the PnP with her favorite stuffed animal too talk too and she's asleep in about 10 minutes. Hooray! Now we're working to stop nursing to sleep for naps... I'm writing this as she's fast asleep at the boob = I have no idea how to get her to sleep otherwise.

I've noticed with my DD at least, that if I snuggle her close and rock her, she will put herself to sleep without my boob. However, she has to have a blankie that she can snuggle her face into and her pacifier in her mouth to sooth her urge to suck. You could try that - it's been working for us for about 4 weeks now. Her am nap is usually from 10-12, then she nurses and we do tummy time, then from around 2:30/3ish-430/530 she naps for her afternoon nap. I can usually even get her to sleep while we are out as long as I have her paci and a blankie. Hopefully that will help! :)

• DS Has had major improvements with tummy time this week. He is holding his head up longer and higher.

I also saw him roll tummy to back. He had done it a couple times but I missed it. Glad to see first hand!!

We've discovered DS is ticklish on his ribs and it's so fun getting giggles out of him that way!

::mobile smiley::
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has been able to enjoy some of his toys for a little longer, which has bought me some housework/shower time I didn't have before. He will sit in his exersaucer or supers eat for 20 minutes sometimes, where as before we might have gotten 7 or 10. It's because he interacts with all the toys on them a lot more, and it's amazing what ten extra minutes can afford me in the way of chores or self-hygiene, haha!
  • Great stuff ladies!! I love all the positivity!

• It was last week, I think, but I discovered a few ticklish spots on DS. 

OMG my life leveled up that day. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:

It was last week, I think, but I discovered a few ticklish spots on DS. 

OMG my life leveled up that day. 

Yes

We went to the movies last Sunday and left DD with our friends. It was the first time anyone but my MIL has watched her. I was nervous, but she did fine and I only checked my phone about three times during the movie. Hazzah!

Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"