August 2012 Moms

Power out and milk

Our power has been out for 12 hours and I'm so worried about my milk! How long before the milk in the fridge is bad? What about the freezer? I'm about to need commitment because if I lose all of it after ten months and quitting pumping planned for two weeks I don't know what I'm going to do. Plus I've already started weaning and pump four times a day and get a little more than he eats some days. I'm completely at a loss.
I have to go to work so I don't know how to even try saving it. I have at least 30 days frozen and 36oz in the fridge.

Re: Power out and milk

• Go buy ice or can you drop it off at a friends with power? That was my life for 2 weeks during Hurricane Sandy I know your pain!
  • How so you even transport that much milk? I don't even know if anyone has space. Ahh!!! I'm so stressed right now and have to go to work and all I want is the freaking power back on! It didn't even storm bad either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kellymom has a really detailed post about how to save your frozen milk.  GL!
  • imagebearthebear:
    Kellymom has a really detailed post about how to save your frozen milk. nbsp;GL!

Thanks! I feel a little better since it says 48 hours on that website.
  • imageLucyD1029:
    When do you expect it to come back on? nbsp;We lost power for 24 hours this past winter and everything stayed frozen solid.

They don't know. Where we are the storm wasn't even that bad. We seem to lose power for a sprinkle of rain these days. It's getting old.
  • That is my worst fear. Do not open the freezer unless you are going to transport it somewhere else.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ccamccam member
    Leave that freezer closed as much as possible!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can you take it to a local restaurant or other commercial place with a freezer that would have a generator?? Maybe a nursing home or something similar?
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"