May 2013 Moms

LO beats me up while BFing!

Anyone else getting beat up by their LO while BFing?

She'll pull off (sometimes she's still sucking and pulls off - OUCH) and starts hitting and kicking me and then starts screaming b/c she's still hungry. I always check to make sure milk is still coming out and it is, so I offer the nipple to her again and she latches back on. Any thoughts on why she is doing this?

I will have to talk to her pedi about it if she keeps doing it to see what he suggests.

TIA!

Re: LO beats me up while BFing!

• So is my LO it is extremely frustrating and he won't sleep. I'm curious what other people say. I'm thinking mine is going through a growth spurt seeing as he was 3 weeks on Tuesday!!
  • My LO does this sometimes too.i thought I was the only one... I hope someone has some ideas...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My little guy does this. I usually try to positio n him so I can hold his hands down if needed. If he's too out of control I walk him and shush him.

Good luck! LO kicks my belly so much my pp csection pain has come back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Yes! My LO does this. I think it's just bc he's frustrated and doesn't have good coordination/ muscle control. I just swadddle him up nice and tight when it's really bad. That seems to help me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NDaryaNDarya member
    My LO does this sometimes at the end of BF session. This actually indicates to me that he is tired and it's time for sleep. He tries to latch back but it's never deep and he just uses me as a pacifier then. So, I burp him, walk a little, give him another chance. If he's still fussy - he's tired. 
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
  • Yep. Like a pp, I think she's overtired when it happens.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My LO does this when he's got a bit of gas that is bothering him or if he is trying to poo. He'll be feeding and then start to tense up and stir and pull himself off. Sometimes he'll go back on straight away but sometimes I need to hold him upright a bit and pat his back until he burps.
    P1000163
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've sometimes swaddled DD first before nursing so that her arms aren't interfering with the latch.
  • wjvwjv member
    My son's arms are always in the way! He also does the tugging and pulling thing.  I think for him it might be an indication of gas and that he needs to be burped.
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelazyjosie:
    My LO does this when he's got a bit of gas that is bothering him or if he is trying to poo. He'll be feeding and then start to tense up and stir and pull himself off. Sometimes he'll go back on straight away but sometimes I need to hold him upright a bit and pat his back until he burps.

Yes to this! Sounds like gas or potty-time to me. Feeding when your LO has gas to pass will probably make it worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"