August 2012 Moms

STM's

STM;s: When, if ever, did you stop going in your LO's room to just check to make sure they are OK/breathing?

I do not do it every night but a lot of nights I feel the need to check on DD to make sure she is OK.  I just read Poppy's post about the little boy drowning and I instantly had to go in DD's room to check on her. 

995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: STM's

• I hate to tell you this but most nights I still check to see if J and A are okay.  They are 7 and 5.

There is no end in sight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Honestly, as a mom of four, oldest being 14 YO, when I come home I always check on all four! Always. Always! It's something in me.
    I sleep light. I have the monitor right beside me and I have it cranked!

My older son has a different dad and loves one week with us, one week with his dad, and when he is here, I just feel better! Maybe the mom In me.

Stories like the babysitter not watching scare me to death about leaving my kids, reality is, it can happen to anyone.

Years ago, my therapist had five kids and she thought her hubby had the 2 Yo in yard and she backed over him and killed him! To this day; it was about four years ago, I cry thinking about it!

Stories like that make me hold my kids tighter and Be more safer
    lolololo
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKLilley:
    I hate to tell you this but most nights I still check to see if J and A are okay.nbsp; They are 7 and 5.There is no end in sight.

Pretty much. My oldest is 5 and I still check in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I normally stay up an hr our two after the boys go to sleep to unwind and have some me time. I always go check on them before I finally lay down. Always. I also just love watching them sleep. Precious! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • My mom never stopped checking. Even when I lived at home before getting married, she'd still knock on my door and check on me, and when I was sick she'd peek in every few hours. That desire to make sure your babies are okay doesn't ever go away.
  • I check on dd before going to bed. And every night after nursing DS in the MOTN I check on her, adjust her blankets and give her a kiss. I can't sleep unless I do that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageMrs. Rohde:
    I check on dd before going to bed. And every night after nursing DS in the MOTN I check on her, adjust her blankets and give her a kiss. I can't sleep unless I do that.

This. I check on my 5yo every night. Cam wakes up when I open her door so I can't check on her before I go to bed, and I hate it every night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I checked on DD religiously until the boys were born. I don't check on them most nights because lord knows I don't want to wake them up! Guess that's what happens when you have two at once!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKLilley:
    I hate to tell you this but most nights I still check to see if J and A are okay.nbsp; They are 7 and 5.There is no end in sight.

Yep, I still check on my 5yo too.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I still do it every now and then, but not very often anymore.  I don't know when I stopped.  I think maybe around 4.  I don't always check on Liam either because he's a light sleeper.  Christian sleeps like the dead and i can move him and he'll stay asleep.  But Liam stirs when I open his door.  So I try not to go in there.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"