Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I want another one.

There. I said it. 

Although being a mom has had its challenges, I just got a surge of want in the last couple of days. DD is just over 3 months.

Anyone else get an urge? I'm sure if I told my fiance he would be tooootally on board to start trying. I am hoping it passes...maybe I just miss being pregnant? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I want another one.

• Yup. So we got a puppy. Totally cured the want of another baby.

Now, talk to me in a year when my son is no longer a baby and the puppy is no longer a puppy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I want another one, in fact we've talked about it quite a bit. We're thinking of starting to try in Sept.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

Yup. So we got a puppy. Totally cured the want of another baby.

Now, talk to me in a year when my son is no longer a baby and the puppy is no longer a puppy.

Man, I never thought about getting a puppy with a baby. 

I had baby fever for EVER after I had DD1. We finally got pregnant when she was 18 months old, and I love both of my kids, but I wouldn't mind an extra year between them. 

Personally though, I wanted to enjoy the first year of just us and our LO, without adding in pregnancy or new babies. And two babies would be a handful. A toddler and a baby makes my head want to explode sometimes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • imagerjeller32:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

I had baby fever for EVER after I had DD1. We finally got pregnant when she was 18 months old, and I love both of my kids, but I wouldn't mind an extra year between them. 

Personally though, I wanted to enjoy the first year of just us and our LO, without adding in pregnancy or new babies. And two babies would be a handful. A toddler and a baby makes my head want to explode sometimes. 

Lol! It's been fun having a puppy and a baby. It wasn't too difficult.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nope. Now that I know what I am getting into, since I just had my second, I am 99 percent sure I'm done. I don't think I could do teething, sleep regressions, toddler tantrums, potty training, etc. a third time.

image image
  • LO is 5 months and I would love to get pregnant again, I always wanted to have 2-3 yrs. between but now I'm wondering if it would be better to have them closer in age. Fiance is definitely not on board with having another right now at all though.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally feel the same way!  I love being pregnant and love babies!

Realistically I know we will wait because I remember how much my supply tanked after I became pregnant with DS.  Luckily DD was 18 months old, so she didn't rely on BFing the way my son does right now.  Also I just want DS to have his turn to be 'the baby' for awhile and I want DD to be in school before we have another.  But yeah, emotionally I'm ready!   

• imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagerjeller32:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

See, we got a dog, but she was 5 years old because the idea of PTing a dog and a toddler at the same time was terrifying to me. But the idea of getting a brand new dog at 39 weeks pregnant wasn't. Damn hormones. I went into labor at the Humane Society haha. 

I definitely want a puppy though. I might prod DH more into the idea now.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I feel like we should have another so we can try for a boy for my husband but frankly I'm not excited about pregnancy OR the newborn stage. And honestly I know it's a me thing, because my little girl was an easy newborn, and at 14 weeks still incredibly easy. But even if the next one is like here I'm not jonesing for it. I didn't like pregnancy (even though it was easy) and I'm just not a newborn person.

But when LO is 2 we will probably start talking about trying again

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imagerjeller32:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagerjeller32:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

See, we got a dog, but she was 5 years old because the idea of PTing a dog and a toddler at the same time was terrifying to me. But the idea of getting a brand new dog at 39 weeks pregnant wasn't. Damn hormones. I went into labor at the Humane Society haha. 

I definitely want a puppy though. I might prod DH more into the idea now.

Lol! I love our Ein. Potty training isn't hard if you have a fenced backyard and a spot bot. 

• imageamykins1283:
    Nope. Now that I know what I am getting into, since I just had my second, I am 99 percent sure I'm done. I don't think I could do teething, sleep regressions, toddler tantrums, potty training, etc. a third time.

This only DD is my first and I don't know if I want to do it a second time.

An old man on a flight we took the other day kept commenting that DD is so cute & did so well on the plane that we have to have at least 2 more and I kept saying... but we got it right the first time. She's a handful & I love her but she's really tested my limits of sanity.

• imagethis decaf life:

imageamykins1283:
    Nope. Now that I know what I am getting into, since I just had my second, I am 99 percent sure I'm done. I don't think I could do teething, sleep regressions, toddler tantrums, potty training, etc. a third time.

An old man on a flight we took the other day kept commenting that DD is so cute & did so well on the plane that we have to have at least 2 more and I kept saying... but we got it right the first time. She's a handful & I love her but she's really tested my limits of sanity.

Yeah, that's sort of where I'm at. I always pictured us having two, and I do have moments when DS is doing something beyond cute when I want another. I had a breezy, healthy pregnancy and a delivery I couldn't have pictured going any better, and I still think we might be one and done. The newborn phase wiped me out physically and emotionally, and my husband has already said he's done. Financially it just isn't possible for us right now anyway. I would much rather be able to give one everything he needs than struggle to give two the bare minimum. Nothing is ever etched in stone, though. Time will tell!

• Yes, I think about it all the time! My DS is 4 months and I think about having another one almost everyday. 
  • I am with you also. We were at the hospital today with my brother and sil having their baby girl. I just kept wishing I was pg again.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Yes.  I want a 3rd.  Will I actually have it?  Who knows.  But I look at our 5 month old and I just can't imagine not being able to do it all one more time.  Don't get me wrong, it's exhausting and the pregnancy really took its toll on me, but well worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope we are absolutely done, DH got the snip snip. Two is good for us, and plus I wouldn't want them that close together.

imageimage
  • My fiance and I want ours close in age. We decided to forgo BC after I had DD. We aren't trying necessarily, but not preventing either. I'm EBF but am returning to work in 2 weeks and will be pumping, so I'm curious to see how long it will take for me to get KU again. I didn't really enjoy being pregnant the first time, but we know we want 2 or 3 kids, so I'd rather get the pregnancy part of it over with asap haha.

• imageDublinMama:
    imagethis decaf life:

imageamykins1283:

Yeah, that's sort of where I'm at. I always pictured us having two, and I do have moments when DS is doing something beyond cute when I want another. I had a breezy, healthy pregnancy and a delivery I couldn't have pictured going any better, and I still think we might be one and done. The newborn phase wiped me out physically and emotionally, and my husband has already said he's done. 

This is exactly us! DH has been saying he only wants one since before she was even born. I had a really easy time with pregnancy/delivery but I still have average sleep in 3 hour chunks throughout the night and I'm exhausted! 

• jbatchjbatch member
    I'd be ok with getting pregnant now.. But I know we should wait financially and I've always liked the 2 year age gap.. I'm hoping to start trying next spring.. But really I wouldn't be sad if I got pregnant now.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageamykins1283:

Yep, this.  Plus I got my tubes tied so I'm pretty much done...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD was a hellish baby, so we waited until she was over a year to start trying for #2 (we want a lot of kids and we aren't spring chickens, so time is of the essence). DS is super easy, so I wouldn't mind if we got pregnant now. However, I'm still waiting on AF. It was a lot harder being pregnant with a toddler than it was with our first, so I definitely have to keep that in mind.
  • Yup! I would be ready to get pregnant today. We have decided to wait for the open enrollment for short term disability at my work which is in August before we start trying again. Mainly cause it would be nice to get some pay while I am on maternity leave.
    Surprisingly DH is the one who is really ready he keeps asking me why we have to wait until August o start trying!

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Had the urge, acted on it, wouldn't change it for the world. Then number three was harder because I didn't want there to be a huge age gap or I'd have to have number four soon after. So my first two kids are 13m3w apart and my second and third are 26m apart, tubes tied and thank goodness because I totally have the urge to have another regardless of deciding we were done. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love hearing from other moms on whether or not they'd have another.  Can't say I loved being pregnant and even though my labour went relatively smoothly, it's still taken me 3 mos. to totally recover and feel almost back to normal.  

DD is an amazing baby and we'd be so lucky if we got to have a second with the same temperament ... BUT we haven't gone through teething, potty training, etc. so we are waiting to see what's in store for us before making the decision to have a second or not.

We'd be looking to have them about 3 yrs apart if we do pull the trigger on a second baby.  I really think that once our friends and family start having babies too, I'll get the urge to join in and do the baby thing all over again!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When my daughter was born, I practically wanted another baby IMMEDIATELY.  Is that weird?  I missed being pregnant and I wanted a sibling close in age to her.  Well I was committed to breastfeeding for a full year so decided to stay on birth control and prevent pregnancy until she turned 1 so I wouldn't compromise that.  So now I have children 20.5 months apart.  This second time I did NOT want to immediately be pregnant again.  Having 2 little ones is wonderful but exhausting and a lot of work!  Definitely will be awhile before I get baby fever again I think!   
  • I would love to have another one. I am 34 and my daughter is 4.5 months old right now, so it's hard trying to determine when to try again.
  • I want another one too!! My husband was holding our son today and told him to stop growing so fast or daddy's going to want another baby soon. He is almost 15 weeks. Melts my heart to hear him say it! But ideally I would like to move into a house and wait until he is at least one before we try. 
  • imagemeaglamillion:
    Nope we are absolutely done, DH got the snip snip. Two is good for us, and plus I wouldn't want them that close together.

Same at my house, although the snip snip is still pending!  It needed to happen like yesterday.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I'm surprised at how much I miss being pregnant and the newborn stage- but we have always said 2 and this was #2. Also- #1 was a very difficult baby and she's a very opinionated 4 yo. #2 is so easy going it's almost like we got a reprieve since DS is such a handful. If we pressed our luck with #3 who knows what we would get.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yea at times other times NO WAY!!!!! Lol
  • imageKingston54:
    Yes.  I want a 3rd.  Will I actually have it?  Who knows.  But I look at our 5 month old and I just can't imagine not being able to do it all one more time.  Don't get me wrong, it's exhausting and the pregnancy really took its toll on me, but well worth it.

This is where I'm at.  I can't say I definitely will have another but I don't like the idea of thinking I'll never experience pregnancy, L&D, and another child again.  We'll evaluate it all when DD is around 1 and see where we're at.  I'm guessing we are actually probably done, but I want to see how it feels at that point and go from there.  I think DH is done but I always get what I want Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"