Breastfeeding

Low supply

It will be two weeks going back to work. I have been struggling to make milk enough for DD. she is about 13 pds and I give to care taker 5 bottles of 4 oz with last feeding at 5 pm. I pump 4 times at wk and get only 2 oz each time that equates to only 8 oz. I am 12 oz short. I pump only 1/2 of what is given. What can I do to cover this shortage? I really want to breast milk exclusively and in desperate need of your help to increase supply. Any idea is appreciated. Thx

Re: Low supply

• That seems like a lot of bm at daycare. DS eats four 3 to 3.5 ounce bottles. I nurse him right before drop off and I ask them to space the bottles at least 2 hours apart. I also ask them not to feed him for the last 1 to 2 hours before pickup and I nurse him as soon as we get home.

I'm barely making enough and I really think my water intake needs to increase. I have also noticed that when I'm stressed I don't pump enough. I just ordered some domperidone from a Canadian pharmacy and I'm going to see if that helps. GL!
  • Thank you for encouraging words and especially your tips. That seems a lot of milk but DD finish each feeding. However I notice DD belly is huge each time I see her at end of the day. Is it bad?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRochacha2013:
    It will be two weeks going back to work. I have been struggling to make milk enough for DD. she is about 13 pds and I give to care taker 5 bottles of 4 oz with last feeding at 5 pm. I pump 4 times at wk and get only 2 oz each time that equates to only 8 oz. I am 12 oz short. I pump only 1/2 of what is given. What can I do to cover this shortage? I really want to breast milk exclusively and in desperate need of your help to increase supply. Any idea is appreciated. Thx

I'm mobile so I can't see how old your LO is but that sounds like a lot of BM. Our pediatrician and lactation consultant both told me a BF baby should be getting an average of 25oz in a 24 hr period and it doesnt change much with babies age because our BM changes to rheir needs. It sounds like your LO is getting 20oz at daycare alone?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"