May 2013 Moms

c/s recovery questions

I'm a ftm so I don't have any experience with any type of pp recovery but I was wondering for other c/s moms how it's going?  How does your incision feel?  Does everyone else have a sore stomach above the incision?  How does it all look?  (I have this terrible overhanging fat man belly!)  

If you've btdt, how does everything come back together, or does it at all?  Any general thoughts about your recovery?  

Re: c/s recovery questions

• It's my first too, but ditto everything you said. Sore belly, flap hanging over. All of it. I think it's pretty normal. No idea how long til it goes back. If it does. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ksimmyksimmy member
    This was my first cs and i feel the same way. I'm almost 4wks pp and soreness is defiantly better. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This was my 2nd csection. At 7wks pp everything is returning back to normal. There is still a tingling sensation along the incision itself but other than that no big problems. My stomach is baack to normal, with the exception of the jiggle from how big my belly got. I started doing ab workouts 2wks ago and feel great now that I have started doing those.
  • This was my first one too. At 5 weeks pp I feel great pretty much normal. I have a bit of an infection that showed up but I am on antibiotics for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJoShan1719:
    though it is numb in certain areas

I'm experiencing numbness as well,
    tomorrow is two weeks post surgery. I also have gas pains here and there. Otherwise though, I feel okay.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't looked at my incision, but the midwife said it had healed up fantastic at my 2 week pp appointment.  I was extra fluffy before I got pregnant, so I'm used to the flabby belly.  It's still a little tender, but as long as I don't try to over do things, I'm getting around just fine now.  Now I'm just waiting on the bleeding/discharge to stop.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerebaann:
    I haven't looked at my incision, but the midwife said it had healed up fantastic at my 2 week pp appointment.  I was extra fluffy before I got pregnant, so I'm used to the flabby belly.  It's still a little tender, but as long as I don't try to over do things, I'm getting around just fine now.  Now I'm just waiting on the bleeding/discharge to stop.

I'm still bleeding too, I thought the c/s was supposed to shorten lochia! 

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    Still bleeding, heavier than I expected. No more pain though, and you can barely see my incision. There is swelling above it and behind it, and I feel very weak obviously. Really though, for 18 days out, I am very happy with my physical recovery. Now if only my emotional recovery could catch up!
  • NDaryaNDarya member
    I'm 6 weeks pp and actually feel pretty well. Just had my appointment, dr said everything is good and gave me green light to sex/exercising, etc. My incision is fading away and I don't feel any discomfort, although, I do have some numbness in the area.  Was waiting for dr's approval to exercise. Need to do smth with that jelly belly..
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"