June 2013 Moms

(Untitled)

~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: (Untitled)

• I have never used it but my friend swears by it for her 8 week old. She uses it as lotion, hair moisturizer, and as a treatment for cradle cap. Her daughter recently got a bit of milia bumps around her cheeks and nose and it worked like a charm.
  • I use it on his dry skin. Really just his hands and feet. I feel better about him putting his hands in his mouth with coconut oil on them as opposed to junky baby lotion.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Another question to tag in here: what about coconut oil as nipple cream? I've heard both sides saying its ok and it's not but haven't been able to find a concrete answer.

Me and Zech

• At my childbirth class, they said to skip the lotion for the first month. After that, it's ok. However, I'm using extra virgin organic coconut oil as a diaper rash cream, as it is cloth diaper safe.
  • I use it when I do her baby massage at night and as nipple cream for myself. I got the okay from my pedi on both :)
    Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• Can someone link to where to get this? Never can find in stores.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsveinotte:
    Did she say why not to use it

Just curious FTM here and had planned on using it on this baby

She didn't say why. I feel like she just didn't know anything about it so she said not to. That really annoyed me but I let it go since I didn't know much about it to debate effectively.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • imagebride05Jules:
    Can someone link to where to get this? Never can find in stores.

Whole Foods, Trader Joes, organic section of regular grocery store and other health food stores. Here's a link to a brand I have used that's sold on amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003B3OOPA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1371169375sr=81pi=SL75
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"