April 2013 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• Ideal: forever.

Reality: 6 weeks. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Ideal... Everyone woman should decide for herself. Unlimited time with no pressure from job, SO, or family.

Reality... 9 months (which I know is a blessing) 

• Loading the player...
  • imageskidderdo:

Ideal: forever.

this. i had a c-section so i got 8 weeks paid, took an extra 2.5 weeks after that. my first day back to work is today.  

Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • Not sure on ideal, but I took 9 weeks, go back July 1 st
  • leasajleasaj member
    4 months but I only took 9 wks the rest will be summer break. One of the perks of teaching.
  • My ideal and reality are the same at 12 weeks although I would've liked all of it to be paid. I'm fortunate that eight weeks were paid. Back to work on Monday and I'm ready!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in Canada, and our mat leave is one year and I think that's a good start.

Ill be a SAHM

I don't know how you Americans handle such short time off. That must be so hard.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageskidderdo:

Ideal: forever.

this exactly. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Ideal: I'm not sure, since this is my first. But it seems unfair that we have to go back to work when the LOs are starting to become more fun.

Reality: 12 weeks. I go back July 15th but only part time (24hours a week). 

• I would say the option to have a year. Those who want less can take less depending on their own personal needs. I think its sad how short maternity leave is in the U.S.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLhyacinth888:
    I would say the option to have a year. Those who want less can take less depending on their own personal needs. I think its sad how short maternity leave is in the U.S.

This. I think the first year is so important and such a bonding time. I would love to be home for all of it. Reality is 12 weeks.
  • I'm in Canada, so the average maternity leave is 1 year.

I'm taking four months.

I think for me my ideal would actually be 2-3 months.  I'm sick of being home already, but there is no financial benefit to returning to work, so I may as well stay home for 4 months.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imageRussianMommy:
    I'm in Canada, and our mat leave is one year and I think that's a good start.

Ill be a SAHM

I don't know how you Americans handle such short time off. That must be so hard.

Same to all this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ideal: 4 months my reality 6 weeks
  • Ideally 6 months to 1 year, but reality is 12 weeks.  I could not be a SAHM forever.  Once DS was a toddler I was happy to send him to daycare.  I would not want to be at home with a 3 year old FT.  Weekends were enough to drive me crazy lol.

• I have 15 months off. Ideally, I'd go back one day per week at around 9 months, and then step up to my new 3 day role at 15 months.
    That's what I did last time, except I went back full time at the end.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • evertzevertz member

Ideally - 1 year. That's my bf goal and I dread pumping at work...

Reality - 12 weeks off, 6 of which are paid at 60% salary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageleasaj:
    4 months but I only took 9 wks the rest will be summer break. One of the perks of teaching.

This is me exactly.

• Ideal would be 6 months to a year. Reality is 16 weeks. From what I remember with my son, he did better at day care around 6 months when he could sit up and see the world! And at a year, we could skip the bottle and pumping stress entirely!
  • Ideal: FOREVER!!!

Actual: 6 weeks dr approved... 12 weeks FMLA approved from work 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ideal: 3 months and more importantly a part time return.

reality: just over 3 months and going back full time July 1. Kind of ready though. If it wasn't for the daycare component I would definetly be ready...

I give tons of credit for anyone who goes back at 6 weeks.....I never would've been ready. Well done to all of those ladies. 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• When I go back next month, I'll have been out for 14 weeks.  It is a great amoutn of time in the sense that I actually think I'll be ready to go back.  However, I would love it if all new mamas had the option to stay home for a year -- not necessarily paid, but with job security upon return.  DH and I could totally make it work financially, but my "job insurance" is up after 14 weeks, so I'd have to resign or takea leave of absence or something.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ideal: probably 10 weeks. I had 12 with DS and at 10 i started to really need adult interaction.

Reality: 8 weeks this time with DD. I'm so not ready for it to be over! The past few weeks have been busy with activities for DS and that has made it fly by. I'm also not ready for the stress of work but i am ready for a schedule! 

A year would be nice, but I'm in sales so it isn't an option. Asking someone to cover my accounts for a year seems crazy in my mind. Also i would go insane!! 

• Ideal: forever. Really, I wish I could SAH. But if I had to go back to work, I really think 6 months, at least, should be provided. I wish I wasn't in the US so I could take a year.

Reality: Since I'm a teacher and we planned this pregnancy to have my leave flow into the summer, about 4 1/2 months. I'm already anxious about it ending and I'm only just past the halfway point.  

• Ideal is 12 months. Reality is 14 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Kate_CKate_C member

No one thinks six weeks is ideal? :). I go back Monday at seven weeks, although I have a client meeting already on Saturday. And if you subtract time spent working while on leave, it probably was more like five weeks (yes, I am annoyed and bitter about that).

I think six months would be ideal.  Gets you through the EBF period before the baby starts solids, so wouldn't be so much pressure to pump at work. And you get to enjoy the baby as her little personality emerges. I feel like DD is just starting to become a real person instead of a pooping, crying bundle of neediness. My time with her cut short just as she started to become fun with her smiles and coos. Boo. 

• Kate_CKate_C member
    imagetairairat:
    Ideal: At least a year

Reality: 4 weeks, and for those 4 weeks I still had work I had to do from home.

4 weeks? Yikes. I'll stop complaining now.
  • imageKate_C:

I think six months would be ideal.  Gets you through the EBF period before the baby starts solids, so wouldn't be so much pressure to pump at work. And you get to enjoy the baby as her little personality emerges.

I agree with this!  I went back to work after 6 weeks and had been going in for a few hours every two weeks beginning when DS#3 was 2 weeks old. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"