Dads & Dads-to-be

Getting creative.

A friend of mine hooked me up with a set of 16" wheels for my Saabaru. Well, as much as I like the aluminium wheels. I decided to tape off the center portion of the wheels and spray Plasti dip paint on the wheels. 

Feast your eyes on my work in progress, I have 3/4 wheels complete.

Re: Getting creative.

• imagepolooo26:
    By the way, that orange tape made me remember I need to see if I can find some hotwheel track. It's hard to just find plain track anymore.
    it's a part of a set. I think it's called dino wipe out. Have you tried thrift stores?
    Thanks everyone. Turns out, plastidip is kinda hard to work with when you need to remove the tape.
  • PrimePrime member
    Nice!  That looks really good.

• Loading the player...
  • imagepolooo26:

imageT3hHusband:
    imagepolooo26:
    By the way, that orange tape made me remember I need to see if I can find some hotwheel track. It's hard to just find plain track anymore.
    it's a part of a set. I think it's called dino wipe out. Have you tried thrift stores? Thanks everyone. Turns out, plastidip is kinda hard to work with when you need to remove the tape.

In my search I found something called Blu Track. It looks really cool. I'm thinking I'll probably get it. I just need to determine what kit I want.

Got clicky? still mobile. Finishing up with Dr appointment for Maddox. 2 years old and he's 32 lbs and 3'1"! Lol.
  • imagepolooo26:
    imageT3hHusband:
    imagepolooo26:

imageT3hHusband:
    imagepolooo26:
    it's a part of a set. I think it's called dino wipe out. Have you tried thrift stores? Thanks everyone. Turns out, plastidip is kinda hard to work with when you need to remove the tape.

In my search I found something called Blu Track. It looks really cool. I'm thinking I'll probably get it. I just need to determine what kit I want.

Got clicky? still mobile. Finishing up with Dr appointment for Maddox. 2 years old and he's 32 lbs and 3'1"! Lol.

Wow, has the NFL called yet?

Not yet. gonna wait until he's 5 and 6' to call them lol
  • I figured Greyson Lee could go without a nursery for now. Until I get those beauty's tucked under my car. Next project, The chrome grille on both of our vehicles.
  • Great job on the dip! I recently dipped all four of mine in black (I don't like chrome) and then sprayed the glossifier over them to make the finish sort of a satin. It really liked the look but unfortunately it developed a couple tears after about a month. I tried working it out with some paint thinner and respraying but alas, it got too difficult and frustrating so I ripped it all off and went back to chrome. Still, I learned that the satin black is where I want to go when it's time to get new wheels.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"