High-Risk Pregnancy

Re: (Untitled)

• Options

imagewallace323:
    Sorry to hear the appointment didn't go as you had hoped. We will keep thinking of you and wishing you the best at your appointment on the 28th!

Thank you :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you didn't get the news you'd hoped for. I hope you get good news from your appointments.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

@Teacher Clark, may I ask the details of your experience? 

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear your news. I hope that baby is doing well and they are able to offer you the medication to treat this During pregnancy.
    BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
  • Options
    Good luck!  My DS1 was born with cCMV.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options

imagePSU Export:
    I'm sorry to hear your news. I hope that baby is doing well and they are able to offer you the medication to treat this During pregnancy.

Thank you! They have assured me that I will have access to Cytogam treatments so I am assuming I will learn more about that at my visit with the high risk OB. I will keep updating! 

• Options

imageTeacher Clark:
    imagekristyn_hyahoo.com:
    Thanks ladies!nbsp;Teacher Clark, may I ask the details of your experience?nbsp;
    At our 20 week US DD had an echogenic bowel and her head was measuring two weeks behind. We ended up doing genetic testing as they were sure it was downs. Once they ruled that out the MFMs that my dr consulted with were sure it was CMV due to her small head. I was tested a ton of times because I came up positive for having had the virus. They couldn't tell if I had it while pregnant or not. Have you read up on what the possible outcomes could be? ETA: just in case i dont see it, message me on feb 2013 if you have more questions.

Thanks for sharing! I would love to hear how things turned out if you are willing to share via PM. I will reach out to you on the Feb '13 board! 

• Options

image618mom22boys:

Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you have been through this as well. Would you be willing to share you experience with me? 

• Options
    imagekristyn_h@yahoo.com:

image618mom22boys:

Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you have been through this as well. Would you be willing to share you experience with me? 

We did not find out it was CMV until he was born.  This was 13 years ago so not much was known about it then and there were no treatments.  With that being said we got extremely lucky!  At my 20 U/S they noticed the echogenic bowel.  That ended up clearing up and by my last u/s around 36 weeks they said everything looked fine.  Fastforward to 39 weeks when he was born and he had petechiae all over him.  He spend 12 days in the NICU where he received a platelet transfusion.  He had developmental delays and was in the 0-3 program.  But fast forward to now and his only side affect is he is deaf in his left ear with slight loss in his right.  But unless I told you you would never know it.  We got extremely lucky!!

Here is a FB group that I am a part of.  They are very informative and helpful!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/218264801533244/

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    Thank you both! You have been extremely helpful and I will check out the Facebook page!
  • Options

My second daughter also has cCMV. If you want to talk to people who really know what's available for treatment contact Dr. Demmler. Here's her info https://www.baylorclinic.com/find-a-doctor/details/index.cfm?id=510

Also Dr. Michaels https://www.chp.edu/CHP/Michaels,+Marian+G.,+MD,+MPH is a great resource. She worked with Dr. Kimberlin who is the main doctor in the largest CMV research trials out of Alabama.

There are treatments for you now and treatments for the baby after birth. It's scary, but there are some options. And of course, just because you have a primary CMV infection doesn't mean that you've passed that on to your baby. Only an amnio or testing after the baby is born can let you know for sure. 

Good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemrsjengle:
    My second daughter also has cCMV. If you want to talk to people who really know what's available for treatment contact Dr. Demmler. Here's her info https://www.baylorclinic.com/findadoctor/details/index.cfm?id=510 Also Dr. Michaels https://www.chp.edu/CHP/Michaels,MarianG.,MD,MPH is a great resource. She worked with Dr. Kimberlin who is the main doctor in the largest CMV research trials out of Alabama. There are treatments for you now and treatments for the baby after birth. It's scary, but there are some options. And of course, just because you have a primary CMV infection doesn't mean that you've passed that on to your baby. Only an amnio or testing after the baby is born can let you know for sure.nbsp;nbsp;Good luck

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely reach out to these physicians for advice.

It is extremely scary, but I'm trying to remain optimistic until we know more.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"