April 2013 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• DS#1 is 2 1/2 years old...I'd say that I had terrible anxiety about having 2 children, so much so that I thought it would be way worse than it actually is! The first 6-8 weeks was an adjustment for all of us, but now that we have found our 'groove' we are in good shape and it's manageable. Trying to accomplish simple tasks such as showering, doing laundry, cooking dinner- that was hard to juggle with two kids at first. That was probably the biggest adjustment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm in the same boat as you except we are two years younger than you as your DH. I was terrified of labor and delivery and leaving the hospital was feeling ok and ready for baby number two. Now not even two months in and I can't imagine having another right now.

I'm still want more but am terrified now of the newborn phase again. I'm thinking of waiting until this one is closer to one but then she would be almost at the "terrible twos" with a newborn. I dunno. I think waiting until the first one is on school would be best
    But I guess that's prob not An option.

• Loading the player...
  • It hasn't been too bad so far, touch wood!
    Our 2.5 year old loves baby sister, but she does get frustrated with feeding sometimes. My hubs has only just gone back to work though, so she and I are getting the hang of it slowly.
    It definitely takes teamwork though.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • I feel like a lot of things are easier with two. I have to be more organized than I did with just one. 

That being said, I like the 3 year age difference. DS1 is a little more independent and I would hate to have two in diapers.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You won't know until you do it. My twins are a piece of cake. FOR ME.....for now anyway lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My husband wants to start trying for #2 soon. I don't want to too soon because I want to do a half marathon... I was training to do the half marathon when I got pregnant with my son. By the time it rolled around I was too out of shape.

He will be 35 this year, I will be 26. So I can see his point. The one reason I actually got pregnant last year was because I felt like he was getting older (his job makes him act like he is 50 on his days off). I could have waited until I was 30. But that is the downside of being in a relationship with someone who is 9 years older.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    I have a 5 year old, 3 year old, twin girls that are 17 months and Jonah who is almost 2 months old. It has gotten easier. Especially since my 3 youngest are all on the same schedule. 
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • For me it has been really tough. I still can't figure out how to give each DD the attention they deserve. Also DD1 has become much more needy when DD2 was born. I am exhausted by bed time. Then DD2 wakes up 3 times each night. I hope it gets better soon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageSRK128:
    I have a 5 year old, 3 year old, twin girls that are 17 months and Jonah who is almost 2 months old. It has gotten easier. Especially since my 3 youngest are all on the same schedule.nbsp;

God bless you! Just this one is a handful can't imagine more then one right now even tho I want more
  • imageJollyWife:
    DS and DD are a day shy of 2 years apart, and that's exactly how we wanted/planned it. nbsp;But DD is a super high needs baby, whereas DS was super mellow and chill. nbsp;From that standpoint it's been really rough. nbsp;Luckily DS is still super mellow, so he has made the transition a lot easier than it might have been otherwise.Having a baby that seems like she's always screaming or unhappy puts everyone on edge, and it's been hard trying to connect with DH and spend quality time with DS and try to keep on top of the house, etc.nbsp;However, I think we might be getting out of the super fussy period at least I hope so!, and that will make it so much better. nbsp;If DD were like DS was as a baby things would be going a lot more smoothly.nbsp;

I could have written this myself! This is exactly my experience so far but my kids are 2 yrs 3 months apart.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 3.5 yrs and I honestly think it's an awkward length of time.  Had we planned a 2nd pregnancy I would have liked to have them closer in age.  DS is at this age where he's doing normal 3.5 yr old behavioral things like tantrums, etc. that impact our life enough but he's also old enough to notice that he's getting less attention when he needs a lot of it for his development.  I think 2 yrs would be ideal between kids or leave a big gap, like 5 yrs+.  That's just MHO.  Newborn + 3 year old is definitely a struggle.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"