April 2013 Moms

Daytime nursing still every 2 hours wth!

I swear LO rarely goes longer than 1.52 hours between nursing sessions during the day. He's 7.5 weeks and gaining weight like a champ. I don't get it. He sleeps well at night too so At least that part doesn't suck.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Daytime nursing still every 2 hours wth!

• my DS pretty much did it for the whole first year if we were home.
  • Is he actuaaly hungry or tired? Growth spurt?
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Hes probably getting used to snacking instead of being hungry enough for a full feed.  Could you try to use a pacifier first?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD3 is 11 weeks and still nurses approx every 2 hours.

DD2 was probably going every 2 to 2.5 hours at that age. DD1 was finally going every 2 hours.

I've heard some babies go 3 hours between feedings, but IME that hasn't happened until about 4 months.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I think you want him getting his ounces and calories during the day instead of at night
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every 1.5 to 2 hours here too, maybe 3 if we get a good nap in. But she's also only waking once in a 12 hr period at night so I'll take the frequent daytime feedings. DS ate every 2 hours for the first 6 mos and didnt give me a long stretch at night till 9 mos. Yikes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO is the same way. But she does sleep all night from 10:30 pm to about 7 am. So I figure she must just be starving in the morning and topping up and getting ready to sleep all night in the afternoon. I would rather feed every 2 hours during the day then have my sleep interrupted at night. I do NOT do well with out sleep and I also have a 2 and 3 yr old to run after during the day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My LO is 6 weeks, and she nurses for 20-30 minutes every hour or so for a big part of the day.  If I am lucky, she naps for an hour in the morning and 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon.  

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • K, I've been wondering about this. T is still fussing to eat at barely two hours and he is FF unless he is sleeping. He does great most nights thought with 5 or 6 hour stretches. I'm just hoping he is just storing it up and it will be better soon. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"