Parenting

(Untitled)

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: (Untitled)

• We only have 2 left. Lucille's episode was my favorite so far, with the noodle knives.

Maeby is so underused, its sad. Same with Buster.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Parts of it really, really worked. Parts of it did not. The George/Oscar episodes in particular seemed weak.

Loved everything Tobias. Big fan of Maeby as well. Mixed on George Michael. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLuckyDad:

Parts of it really, really worked. Parts of it did not. The George/Oscar episodes in particular seemed weak.

I agree with all of this. I am so glad I stuck with it. Around episode 3, it got considerably funnier, to me. I still LOL when I think about the Tobias and GOB episodes. Comedy gold.

Now I need to go back and re-watch the first 2 episodes to see if they'll be funnier to me this time around. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• imageLuckyDad:

Parts of it really, really worked. Parts of it did not. The George/Oscar episodes in particular seemed weak.

I love all that is Tobias.  I do wish, however, they had left out how they make fun of him for seeming gay.  It didn't really add anything for me. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageMollusksWrangler:
    George Michael's is my favorite, just the whole thing was hilarious.

He is so beyond awkward; it's fantastic. 

imageimage

• I also posted this in the UO recap thread, but my DH's ringtone is currently Mark Cherry's "Getaway" song. It will be my ringtone too, as soon as I figure out how to do it.

• imageKJmashup:
    I also posted this in the UO recap thread, but my DH's ringtone is currently Mark Cherry's "Getaway" song. It will be my ringtone too, as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Love it!  Also, now that's in my head.  

imageimage

• PrimePrime member

Tobias is still my favorite character. 

It took awhile to get in the groove of this season.  They seemed to deviate a little in the middle of  the season from the 1 character per episode formula.  That felt a lot more familiar.  I like having everyone's dysfunction together.  Maybe I'll get more from it when I go back for a second playthrough.

• imagemissyishere:

imageKJmashup:
    I also posted this in the UO recap thread, but my DH's ringtone is currently Mark Cherry's "Getaway" song. It will be my ringtone too, as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Love it!  Also, now that's in my head.  

You're welcome. :)

My text notification sound is "MR. F." 

• I loved Maeby's episode.

Funny easter egg:  So George Michael didn't like having the same name of a guy who got caught having sex in a bathroom.  He went by George Maharis, which happens to be the same name as an actor (which I'm guessing George Michael didn't know) who was also caught having sex in a bathroom stall.

The name of the person with whom George Maharis was caught having sex?  Perfecto Telles.

• PrimePrime member
    imageoverture:

I loved Maeby's episode.

Funny easter egg:  So George Michael didn't like having the same name of a guy who got caught having sex in a bathroom.  He went by George Maharis, which happens to be the same name as an actor (which I'm guessing George Michael didn't know) who was also caught having sex in a bathroom stall.

The name of the person with whom George Maharis was caught having sex?  Perfecto Telles.

Haha.  That's awesome.

• imageoverture:

I loved Maeby's episode.

OMG, this is amazing! Ha! I can't wait to tell my DH about this. 

• imagemissyishere:
    imageLuckyDad:

I love all that is Tobias.  I do wish, however, they had left out how they make fun of him for seeming gay.  It didn't really add anything for me. 

I feel like the joke is he is obviously gay, but oblivious to his own homosexual desire. Everything out of his mouth is Freudian.

I mean, if we're gonna criticize tastelessness, roofie jokes might have been up there? 

• imagemabenner1:

I actually read that the actor who plays Buster's schedule was one of the toughest to work around, which is why he ended up used so little.

Which is weird, because I would have guessed he had the least going on after AD besides maybe Maeby.

Incidently, Maeby looks a bit like my wife. So now that she's old enough I can say "rawr" about her, I think?

• imageLuckyDad:

I feel like the joke is he is obviously gay, but oblivious to his own homosexual desire. Everything out of his mouth is Freudian.

I mean, if we're gonna criticize tastelessness, roofie jokes might have been up there? 

Dude, you can't leave out the hints of Tobias being gay.  That's like half of his character.

You know the song he sings?  "It's just a fallacyyyyy"  If you turn on the closed captions, when you see him sing this in the Tobias episode, the caption reads "fallacy."  When you see the same scene in the other characters' episodes, it reads "phallusy."  Because, again, Tobias is totally oblivious to the way his word choice sounds really gay to other people.

• imageLuckyDad:
    imagemabenner1:

I actually read that the actor who plays Buster's schedule was one of the toughest to work around, which is why he ended up used so little.

Which is weird, because I would have guessed he had the least going on after AD besides maybe Maeby.

Incidently, Maeby looks a bit like my wife. So now that she's old enough I can say "rawr" about her, I think?

Maeby's hot. DH and I totes agree on that.

And that sucks about Buster...he was just on an  episode of Psych (I just got into it on Netflix), and was hilarious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageoverture:
    imageLuckyDad:

Dude, you can't leave out the hints of Tobias being gay.  That's like half of his character.

You know the song he sings?  "It's just a fallacyyyyy"  If you turn on the closed captions, when you see him sing this in the Tobias episode, the caption reads "fallacy."  When you see the same scene in the other characters' episodes, it reads "phallusy."  Because, again, Tobias is totally oblivious to the way his word choice sounds really gay to other people.

I'm now curious if all the captions are like that. I would assume they are.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"