July 2013 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    kmc217kmc217 member
    I would assume it was your body getting closer and closet to being ready for labor. The end of pregnancy is in no way comfortable. If you are 37 weeks, they aren't going to do anything anyways so try and relax. Take a warm bath. If the cramps start to become regular and get more intense, start timing and if they are regular/every 5 min, call your OB back. 

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options

imagekmc217:
    I would assume it was your body getting closer and closet to being ready for labor. The end of pregnancy is in no way comfortable. If you are 37 weeks, they aren't going to do anything anyways so try and relax. Take a warm bath. If the cramps start to become regular and get more intense, start timing and if they are regular/every 5 min, call your OB back. 

That's good advice. Thank you! I guess I just needed some reassurance that it IS normal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless the cramps get more regular, I think you should just try to relax.  If you are working, maybe take the day off if possible, and put your feet up and get a nice cool drink and watch some television.  I don't think there is anything anyone can do, we're all just reaching that uncomfortable part.  I hope you feel better soon!
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Mobile bumping so excuse any mistakes.

I would just keep watching your body. I know it's painful and your anxiety is probably through the roof because its exciting as well, but they can't do much about it anyway. I've been having false contractions for about a week now and have also experienced back pain and when I was checked on Monday I had no dilation or thinning either. I was quite surprised. Just keep paying attention to your body. Mobile smiley.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

FTM so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I've been having a lot of cramping too. I asked my OB about it and he said that cramping can come along with the baby dropping and not to worry unless it is coming every 3 minutes. I had a (what I am sure was a contraction) the other day and got ready to start timing and nothing so I am assuming that it just happens. 

I know this was super unhelpful but just wanted you to know my Dr. said the same thing and you aren't alone. If you have a chance to go to the pool I would highly recommend it. Made all my aches, pains and even the cramping feel so much better.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like practice for labor. Uncomfortable practice, but nothing to go to hospital for, IMHO. Drink lots of water and put your feet up. If its the real deal then things will get progressively worse.

You didn't say if you were 37 weeks, but if you are before then I would scrap the above and call.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm a FTM so no advice that isn't the same as PP's have already stated.  Just wanted to say I hope you can get comfortable and the practice contractions stop until it's actually time to deliver:)  No use in going through pre-pain, lol.
  • Options

Thank you so much ladies. I definitely feel better about it knowing that it really is just the end of pregnancy stuff. I definitely appreciate your input!

Prim, I am 37 weeks...Big Smile

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've had similar symptoms for over 2 weeks now (however I am contracting and dilating). A warm bath with epsom salts seems to help as does a warm pack on the area and trying to stretch (as the more tense you get, the more tense your muscles get). Try to relax, your body is just prepping for the big day and you'll know when it is more ;)
    TTC #1 since 10/09: Dx:unexplained anovulation Cycle #1 8-9/10:Femara + TI = BFN Cycle #2 10/10:Femara + TI = BFP 10/19 - blighted ovum 11/3 Rest for 11/10 and 12/10 Cycle #3 1/11 BFP 1/29! Beta #1 = 175, Beta #2 = 498!! First u/s 2/14 showed heartbeat of 100bpm! EDD of 10/8/11 Adrian Cooper born 9/10/11 @ 36 weeks Trying for #2 10/12 BFP 11/1/12 - due about 7/12/13! First u/s 11/16 showed heartbeat Second u/s 11/27 showed heartbeat of 150bpm! EDD of 7/12/13 Help us narrow down our ever expanding name list! VOTE on my Name List BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If it's not producing any dilation, it's just practice. Unfortunately, it's uncomfortable practice instead of the classic BH.

Hopefully it doesn't go on too long!  I've been having them for the past few weeks, too.  And they really do get your hopes up that something might happen soon!  ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    This is happening to me!!!! Don't u just hate it when the doctor says its normal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"