March 2013 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I find DH vents annoying. Especially a while back when there was a post titled "Hate your husband..."nbsp;

The title of that post REALLY rubbed me the wrong way, too....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I hate those type of posts too. I also hate posts that AW when a baby STTN

yawns and crawls back to her sleep deprived corner
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think summer is the sh!ttiest season. That's all I got at the moment haha
  • i think it's weird when people hire others to clean their house and landscape their lawns.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't like red roses. I like roses, just not the red ones. I think they're generic.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I don't think anyone over the age of 21 should be allowed to wear those Victoria Secret sweatpants with PINK on the butt.  I think they look ridiculous and trashy on grown women.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePippaLee33:
    I don't think anyone over the age of 21 should be allowed to wear those Victoria Secret sweatpants with PINK on the butt. nbsp;I think they look ridiculous and trashy on grown women.
    Haha! You mean not even with the matching velour zip up hoodie???
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagePippaLee33:
    I don't think anyone over the age of 21 should be allowed to wear those Victoria Secret sweatpants with PINK on the butt. nbsp;I think they look ridiculous and trashy on grown women.

I work at Old Navy. Anytime someone asks if we still sell those matching velour zip-up sweatsuits, I puke in my mouth a little. Not a UO (at least I hope not!), just reminded me of that, haha.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I do it too, but our entire vocabulary has been dumbed down by chatting, IM, texting, etc. we can't just type out something simple like "on my way" no everything has to be shortened! "Omw" "that's maj" and what I hate the most "cray cray" just say "wow that's crazy" or a sinanim to crazy! We have an entire generation now that talks like idiots, "hanging with the fam bam"... Ugh
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    I do it too, but our entire vocabulary has been dumbed down by chatting, IM, texting, etc. we can't just type out something simple like "on my way" no everything has to be shortened! "Omw" "that's maj" and what I hate the most "cray cray" just say "wow that's crazy" or a sinanim to crazy! We have an entire generation now that's talks like idiots, "hanging with the fam bam"... Ugh
    Fortunately I never heard half of these, what does maj stand for? And ps it's synonym.
  • NovOwlNovOwl member

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageMrs.Castaldi:
    I do it too, but our entire vocabulary has been dumbed down by chatting, IM, texting, etc. we can't just type out something simple like "on my way" no everything has to be shortened! "Omw" "that's maj" and what I hate the most "cray cray" just say "wow that's crazy" or a sinanim to crazy! We have an entire generation now that's talks like idiots, "hanging with the fam bam"... Ugh
    Fortunately I never heard half of these, what does maj stand for? And ps it's synonym.

I can't stand spelling mistakes... if you're not sure just Google it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNovOwl:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageMrs.Castaldi:

It only bothered me a little, but I am sometimes a jerk & had to point it out.

• Oops... Mobile bumping, autocorrect and not proofreading aren't very good friends apparently. Yes, a synonym. Unfortunately for a few years I worked at Disneyland and heard every word abomination possible, even someone actually tell me "wait here I'll brb"
  • imageNovOwl:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageMrs.Castaldi:

THIS!!!

On this same subject, I rarely use these abbreviations. The most I'll use is "omg" or "btw" and that's mostly on TB. I spell out whole words and sentences in texts.

Some abbreviations aren't new...we used them and shortened words in the days of AIM, but we all grew out of it and my friends and I text like adults and use actual words and sentences and punctuation....

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagemal922:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I find DH vents annoying. Especially a while back when there was a post titled "Hate your husband..."nbsp;
    Agree. From time to time, I see posts that imply that women who have kids are busier and more important than their now useless single or childless girlfriends. I had a very hectic job and busy schedule before I had my LO and, although I personally find raising a child to be more fulfilling than some of my prebaby activities, I don't need to feel superior about it. Maybe I just have good friends, but so far my single friends have been very supportive and clued in to the fact I have different responsibilities now, without me needing to make comments like "you'll see how it is one day" and the kind of holier than thou BS I despised from friends who had kids before me. Also, DH and I have a cleaning lady and a yard guy and we love it, nothing weird about it for us!

Agree with the "Just wait" comments. I make sure I NEVER say that to my friends!

• To be honest I'd like to say that it doesn't really offend me one someone calls me "madam" or what not. I'd rather hear "excuse me madam can you please move" than to hear "hey boss lady" or "yo". I wish people still used manners. It's really hard to teach your children to use them when grown adults refuse to use them.
  • When women in my life complain about wanting to lose weight, but then don't exercise (mainly just women who HAVE TIME to exercise but don't) and eat out all the time. I've always hated this-I don't give a crap if you choose to eat healthier foods or exercise, but don't tell me you can't lift weights because "you'll get too bulky" or that you're cutting carbs but can't seem to lose the weight (while you eat nachos). Then tell me I'm lucky to be young and have a good metabolism (I get up at 430 every morning to work out at 5 am and eat just fruits, vegetables, nuts and meat.). Being fit is an important part of my life and my husbands life, so we work hard at it. Doesn't mean you have too, or I judge you for not but don't complain to me about it or else I'll let you have it.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I find Molly Shannon rather annoying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cannot stand the abbreviations everyone uses on here, mostly because I have no idea what most of them mean and I spend 10 minutes going through word combinations in my head trying to figure out what 3 letters stand for. I know there is a glossary but that's just too much work.

I'm guilty of using DH and DD, but that's pretty much it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSmoothieQueen:
    i think it's weird when people hire others to clean their house and landscape their lawns.

I work full time and DH travels every week. If we didn't hire people we'd be spending all our free time cleaning and doing yard work instead of spending time with our two boys. The expense is totally worth it!

image image
  • imageRunner1981:
    I hate that TB actually has little cliques. It's the Internet and we're all adults but I still feel like there are grown women, many of whom are mothers, getting their jollies by ganging up on poor unsuspecting people. I get that there are idiots on TB and its hard not to slam some of them, but I hate seeing someone who is honestly on here looking for advice to get ripped to shreds by a group of women saying the SAME THING to her. It's just nasty. And I always wonder how someone has the energy to be a mom and then get online and be a total bully.

I've never understood that! Here, other sites message boards, etc. it just seems too time consuming to me. Usually if I see something stupid I just mock it to myself for a bit and move on.
  • imageamykins1283:
    imageSmoothieQueen:
    i think it's weird when people hire others to clean their house and landscape their lawns.
    I work full time and DH travels every week. If we didn't hire people we'd be spending all our free time cleaning and doing yard work instead of spending time with our two boys. The expense is totally worth it!

i still think it's weird.  why own something and then not take care of it? i really don't think it takes that long to clean a house or maintenance a yard.  plus, i see it as the responsibility of the owner to take pride in their property and actually put the work into it, otherwise it's not really yours- it's someone else doing all the hard work so you can enjoy the final outcome without knowing the time and effort it takes to make it so.  i guess my opinion is really unpopular lol 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRunner1981:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imageamykins1283:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

i still think it's weird.  why own something and then not take care of it? i really don't think it takes that long to clean a house or maintenance a yard.  plus, i see it as the responsibility of the owner to take pride in their property and actually put the work into it, otherwise it's not really yours- it's someone else doing all the hard work so you can enjoy the final outcome without knowing the time and effort it takes to make it so.  i guess my opinion is really unpopular lol 

To each his own! But I own a house because its a good investment, not because I wanted something to clean. And I do take care of it, by paying someone to clean it. And I pay someone to clean it so I can use my spare time to run errands, cook homemade healthy meals, be with my family, walk my dogs, have a social life etc. Cleaning houses is how my housekeeper makes a living so someone needs to hire her, may as well be me! Besides, I work full time with an hour commute. I have 2 rowdy dogs that shed so my house is always in need of a good clean. Having a housekeeper who comes once a week is one of the few luxuries I enjoy so that I can enjoy my free time!

agreed to each their own. and i'm not saying that anyone really wants to clean their house, i just see it as part of the whole experience. like i said earlier, it's part of the responsiblity of ownership (to me).  also, if i'm fully capable of doing a task myself, and not paying someone else to do it, then i'm going to do it and save the money; but that comes with a whole time versus money debate which is certainly unique to each individual as well as the context of the situation.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imageamykins1283:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

I think saying someone has less ownership or pride in their home because they choose to hire help with landscaping or cleaning is obnoxious.  If you make sure its taken care of, what difference does it make?  

i guess because i think it's satisying to know that the job well done was done by oneself.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I prefer to clean, the idea of someone else in all my stuff makes me uneasy. I'm sure if we lived in a huge house I would hire someone, but I am fully capable of keeping up with our raised ranch. Lol.
  • Coming from someone who cleans houses, I'm glad there are people out there who pay others to clean their house for them! :)

I clean 4 houses, 3 days a week (one each of the days, two of the cleaning jobs are every other week, that is why it is only 3 a week). I can take my baby with me and it allows me to contribute a little bit, yet is extremely flexible. That being said, after doing all the cleaning for others, it really stinks to come home and have to clean your own house! Kind of like how mechanics hate working on their own cars.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • as with all opinions, based on ones experience, mine stems from the fact that i never in my life knew anyone who had hired help until i moved to the greater philly area about a year ago.  it was such a foreign concept, i had no idea until today how many people actually did so. still weird, but perhaps an opinion better kept to myself.  sorry if i offeneded anyone, definitely not my intent.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageSmoothieQueen:
    as with all opinions, based on ones experience, mine stems from the fact that i never in my life knew anyone who had hired help until i moved to the greater philly area about a year ago.  it was such a foreign concept, i had no idea until today how many people actually did so. still weird, but perhaps an opinion better kept to myself.  sorry if i offeneded anyone, definitely not my intent.  

While I don't agree with your opinion, I kinda thought that was the point.... I don't see why you would need to be sorry for anything you wrote.  I'm new around here though, so maybe I'm just clueless.  

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagePippaLee33:

Only if you plan to top it off with some Uggs...

• imageSmoothieQueen:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imageamykins1283:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

I think saying someone has less ownership or pride in their home because they choose to hire help with landscaping or cleaning is obnoxious.  If you make sure its taken care of, what difference does it make?  

i guess because i think it's satisying to know that the job well done was done by oneself.

I can tell you that my yard work would not be a job well done. I have a hill in my yard and we have to rebuild retaining walls and remove several hundred cubic feet of scotch broom as well as maintain two eucalyptus trees. I am not capable of completing these tasks and have no shame in hiring professionals to do it for me.

I think saying it is "not hard to maintain a yard" is a ridiculous blanket statement. Maybe if all you know of yards is a few square feet with grass and a fence this is true, but where I am "yards" are hillsides, half acres with pools, backing up into open space with deer and all kinds of wildlife, etc. and are not easy to do by yourself. My mother works on her front and back yard 7 days a week for several hours. I do not have that kind of time. 

My UO, I think most DIY stuff looks like total shiit. I am a huge believer in hiring professionals from housekeepers to interior decorators to lighting and paint consultants. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageJmeJme:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:

The title of that post REALLY rubbed me the wrong way, too....

Me too! I love my husband!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagecaladpi02:
    imageSmoothieQueen:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imageamykins1283:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

I can tell you that my yard work would not be a job well done. I have a hill in my yard and we have to rebuild retaining walls and remove several hundred cubic feet of scotch broom as well as maintain two eucalyptus trees. I am not capable of completing these tasks and have no shame in hiring professionals to do it for me.

I think saying it is "not hard to maintain a yard" is a ridiculous blanket statement. Maybe if all you know of yards is a few square feet with grass and a fence this is true, but where I am "yards" are hillsides, half acres with pools, backing up into open space with deer and all kinds of wildlife, etc. and are not easy to do by yourself. My mother works on her front and back yard 7 days a week for several hours. I do not have that kind of time. 

My UO, I think most DIY stuff looks like total shiit. I am a huge believer in hiring professionals from housekeepers to interior decorators to lighting and paint consultants. 

well, i'm from rural PA, so all i really know of yards are a few acres with wildlife. like i said earlier though, i grew up with everyone i know taking care of their own space, never really knew it was popular for people to hire help with that sort of thing.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    Oops... Mobile bumping, autocorrect and not proofreading aren't very good friends apparently. Yes, a synonym. Unfortunately for a few years I worked at Disneyland and heard every word abomination possible, even someone actually tell me "wait here I'll brb"

I tell my baby "I'll brb, don't go anywhere" every time I go to the kitchen or bathroom. Embarrassed 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesarahbethski04:
    To be honest I'd like to say that it doesn't really offend me one someone calls me "madam" or what not. I'd rather hear "excuse me madam can you please move" than to hear "hey boss lady" or "yo". I wish people still used manners. It's really hard to teach your children to use them when grown adults refuse to use them.

! It confuses the sh!t out of me when people are offended when I call them ma'am. I'm just being polite!
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    imageRunner1981:
    I hate that TB actually has little cliques. It's the Internet and we're all adults but I still feel like there are grown women, many of whom are mothers, getting their jollies by ganging up on poor unsuspecting people. I get that there are idiots on TB and its hard not to slam some of them, but I hate seeing someone who is honestly on here looking for advice to get ripped to shreds by a group of women saying the SAME THING to her. It's just nasty. And I always wonder how someone has the energy to be a mom and then get online and be a total bully.

I've never understood that! Here, other sites message boards, etc. it just seems too time consuming to me. Usually if I see something stupid I just mock it to myself for a bit and move on.

This. I find the snarky cyber bullies as annoying as the slow driver regulating the fast lane. Clearly these people have no control in their own lives so they have this sad need to anonymously regulate others.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kk1160kk1160 member
    imageSmoothieQueen:
    imageRunner1981:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

imageamykins1283:
    imageSmoothieQueen:

To each his own! But I own a house because its a good investment, not because I wanted something to clean. And I do take care of it, by paying someone to clean it. And I pay someone to clean it so I can use my spare time to run errands, cook homemade healthy meals, be with my family, walk my dogs, have a social life etc. Cleaning houses is how my housekeeper makes a living so someone needs to hire her, may as well be me! Besides, I work full time with an hour commute. I have 2 rowdy dogs that shed so my house is always in need of a good clean. Having a housekeeper who comes once a week is one of the few luxuries I enjoy so that I can enjoy my free time!

agreed to each their own. and i'm not saying that anyone really wants to clean their house, i just see it as part of the whole experience. like i said earlier, it's part of the responsiblity of ownership (to me).  also, if i'm fully capable of doing a task myself, and not paying someone else to do it, then i'm going to do it and save the money; but that comes with a whole time versus money debate which is certainly unique to each individual as well as the context of the situation.

Seriously?!?

We purchased a 2500sf home on a corner lot almost a year ago. We found out we were pregnant the day we closed. I used to get out in the Texas heat and coastal humidity after working full-time while pregnant and bust my butt mowing/edging/weed eating with my husband. We would be out there until the sun went down. I saved the interior cleaning for the weekends. Life was a little easier back then when it was just the two of us.

I now leave my home at 6:30am. I work my 9+ hours. I then commute my exhausted butt back home and arrive around 6pm. Then there's dinner. Then time with baby and husband. I try to throw in a load of laundry or a sink of dishes in there too.

Our lawn guys started coming every other week when we had the baby and If we could afford a housekeeper, we'd have one too. EXCUSE ME FOR BEING AN IRRESPONSIBLE HOMEOWNER. I think I'd rather be labeled that than an irresponsible parent and wife. And I'm pretty sure the home is "ours", otherwise that bank deduction is going to be hard to explain. Gosh, we must look really lazy...

• kk1160kk1160 member
    imageJmeJme:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagePippaLee33:

I work at Old Navy. Anytime someone asks if we still sell those matching velour zip-up sweatsuits, I puke in my mouth a little. Not a UO (at least I hope not!), just reminded me of that, haha.

Haha this too... A friend of mine wears it all the time!! She even found a maternity line and committed this offense... yuck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"