May 2012 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• I don't blame you for that.  I do lots of things out of convenience because it's easier for me and keeps baby happy! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I still BF out of convenience too! I'm trying to get DD to accept WCM but it hasn't been so easy. And I just don't know how I'll get her to bed without nursing!

But I do love the bond we have and I don't think I'm emotionally ready either.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • ebl2ebl2 member
    I'm the same way. I BF all the time and I still nurse her to sleep every night. I know she doesn't eat well enough to be on an all solid food diet. Like you said, it fills the nutritional gap. I'm dreading the time when I have to start putting her to sleep without nursing. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Yep, same here. Neither one of us is emotionally ready but I definitely count on BFing to fill in the gaps and get her to sleep. She is a horrible sleeper and its really the only way to get her down... And then back down... And then back down again. I swear neither one of us would sleep if I couldn't nurse anymore. 

Em still nurses when she wakes up, usually one in the middle, and then again to go down for her nap. I'd say in total she nurses every 2 hours on average, more if she is having a bad day.

ive started letting her taste WCM but since she is still nursing I just give her 1% from my cup or in her sippy. She doesn't really like it and prefers water in her cup. She loves watere so much she tries to jump up and down while drinking ( which I of course stop as soon as she starts).

my in laws think I'm crazy but she's happy and I'm happy so that's all that matters. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. 

• imagenajzomax:

Yep, same here. Neither one of us is emotionally ready but I definitely count on BFing to fill in the gaps and get her to sleep. She is a horrible sleeper and its really the only way to get her down... And then back down... And then back down again. I swear neither one of us would sleep if I couldn't nurse anymore. 

Em still nurses when she wakes up, usually one in the middle, and then again to go down for her nap. I'd say in total she nurses every 2 hours on average, more if she is having a bad day.

ive started letting her taste WCM but since she is still nursing I just give her 1% from my cup or in her sippy. She doesn't really like it and prefers water in her cup. She loves watere so much she tries to jump up and down while drinking ( which I of course stop as soon as she starts).

my in laws think I'm crazy but she's happy and I'm happy so that's all that matters. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. 

Same with us! I thought I was crazy for nursing her so often but she just never transitioned to a longer time frame.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Yup what you said! Except I only have one lo =)

And we also nurse to sleep because I just can't see holding a sippy of whole milk, coconut milk or almond milk to his mouth when I still have human milk for him to drink! and like you said nothing to wash up after. 

Sometimes lazy is good.Wink

• We totally nurse to sleep. Lately he has been popping off and resting his head on my tummy like a pillow to fall asleep and it is so darn cute!
  • Me, too.  And this is totally me, too:

I'm dreading the time when I have to start putting her to sleep without nursing.  

I went to my local breastfeeding group for the first time in months, and one of the moms was saying that if cow's milk and all of the other milks weren't as good for our babies as breast milk, then shouldn't we just nurse them longer?  Sounds good to me.  Free, good for baby (and now growing toddler), and prop-free.  Sweet. :-) 

• I only nurse DD first thing in the morning now, and it's a 50-50 split between the motives. 50% it's good for her and I love the bonding, 50% it's only 6am and I'd like to lay in bed for another 30 minutes of silence. It's like the best snooze alarm ever.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"