May 2013 Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• Maybe you could just ask him what he wants to do for your birthday without implying that he forgot. I probably wouldn't test him.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I think given all the upheaval a new baby brings, yes, setting him up for failure is kind of mean.

Also, no matter what I want to believe, I know my feelings would be hurt if it were me, so I'd rather save myself from that as well, and remind him.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a lot passive aggressive for my taste. I'd mention it rather than set the poor guy up to upset you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebowman958:
    That is a lot passive aggressive for my taste. I'd mention it rather than set the poor guy up to upset you.

Exactly. If you are doing it on purpose so you can get mad at him about it that sucks.  If you won't be pissed about it and don't care if he remembers or not then don't remind him. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Given that MY birthday is tomorrow and my mom had to remind ME, I think you should cut your husband a break this year. We are all in new baby crazy. Don't set him up to fail.
  • Yea. I would remind him. We all forgot my dad's bday, even my mom, because of baby. They were both staying at my house and things were so crazy with baby that we all forgot. :/
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would remind him especially if you'll be upset that he forgot. My mom's bday was june 5th and I spoke to her on the phone and completely didn't realize it was her bday. I realized the next day and called to wish her a happy bday. She completely understood with me taking care of our lo.
  • It's a Little mean to you both. Just tell him.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • To be honest, I can't even remember the day of the week... Let alone the date!

I would cut him some slack on this one!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• I remind DH every year, lol.  He's not a sentimental kinda guy and I know I'll be upset if he forgets so I usually just tell him flat out, sometimes even with suggestions of what I might like to do or gifts I would like.  Idk about your husband but mine needs the extra help with things like this, it's not mean it's just practical.  
  • DH and I always mention our birthdays coming up a couple weeks in advance. I wouldn't set your DH up.. A lot has been going on!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • No worries.... He remembered with no prompting!
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member

imageLaineyPaney:
    No worries.... He remembered with no prompting!

Glad to hear it! Happy Birthday, btw. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"