Working Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• I judge DH for knowing that he wont be open minded when the time comes for us to buy our forever home. I have no desire to live in the area where he grew up, yet for whatever reason he does not seem to grasp the concept that there are other just as good, if not better areas that could work for our family.

I judge myself for already mentally preparing myself for this fight, which will be a doosey, but not for another year.

• I judge my mom over "fat anger". My friends and I call it that, we all have very overweight moms. My mom recently found out she's prediabetic and every time I see her she's eating something terrible for her and she blames it on us: "We NEVER eat this type of stuff, I just bought it because you guys are here." I also judge her pinterest. She'll pin a bunch of low-carb recipes and then a series of brownies and enchilada casseroles.
  • Loading the player...
  • I judge my coworkers for making me wait for 25 mins for a conference call to start. WTF are you guys doing at the office? Don't you know I have to poop?! (apologies for the TMI)

I also judge myself (again) for getting sucked in to the WM vs SAHM post yesterday. I didn't contribute, but found it interesting in various ways.

• I'm judging myself for not losing all of the baby weight before the end of my maternity leave.  The advantage to being sick for the entire pregnancy was that I didn't gain nearly as much weight as last time, and I lost all but 12 lbs in the first week.  And then everything stopped because we were moving and I ate a ton of crappy takeout.  And I refuse to buy any more new clothes, so I've got the same couple of dresses and one pair of pants on rotation. It's totally my own fault.  I could have lost the weight.  I just didn't try.  Hence the judgment.

I'm judging the previous owners of my new house.  They were disgusting.  The house was filthy.  Bugs everywhere.  Kitchen cabinets, microwave, lights and fixtures are covered in grease and dirt.  Cabinets full of rodent droppings.  Outside, they let the beautiful landscaping get all overgrown.  The yard is all poison ivy.  They didn't close the pool correctly, so the mechanical system is shot. It's a beautiful house, and they wrecked it.  And they lied about everything.  It's going to take a lot of work to get it right.

• I judge people who get their feelings hurt by what strangers write on the internet, and who expect that their posts will only get supportive responses, especially when they post something controversial (my BF and I want a baby, I'm 19, I live at home, I don't work-isn't this a great idea?).

I judge people who use questionable child care when they *know* there are issues.  I can't imagine any reason why you would continue to send your infant to an unlicensed daycare that has 3-5 infants and toddlers PLUS 3 older children, depending on the day, being looked after by one person, that refuses to tell you what your baby ate, that only goes through a few diapers a day (and LO consistently has a wet diaper and diaper rash at pickup)....  I get that childcare is expensive-we pay a ridiculous amount to our DC.  But if it's a cost issue, I would cut any and every expense to send my baby to the very best care I could.  I can't imagine any other expense that's more important that your child's care. And if it's not a cost issue, WTF are you sending your baby to a place that isn't caring for her properly?

I judge myself for caring about the stupid scrape on the side of my car.  The car is perfectly functional.  I know fixing it isn't a good use of money.  But it still bothers me.  Grrrrr. 

• imageLibraryChica:
    imagemae0111:
    I'm judging the previous owners of my new house.nbsp; They were disgusting.nbsp; The house was filthy.nbsp; Bugs everywhere.nbsp; Kitchen cabinets, microwave, lights and fixtures are covered in grease and dirt.nbsp; Cabinets full of rodent droppings.nbsp; Outside, they let the beautiful landscaping get all overgrown.nbsp; The yard is all poison ivy.nbsp; They didn't close the pool correctly, so the mechanical system is shot. It's a beautiful house, and they wrecked it.nbsp; And they lied about everything.nbsp; It's going to take a lot of work to get it right.nbsp;
    My house was like this when we bought it. I think I've finally fixed it all! You have my sympathy.

Thank you!  We keep uncovering crazy things - stuff that would never come up in an inspection.  For example, we wanted to swap out the ceiling fans.  DH got up there and removed the old fans, and it turns out that the ceiling fans weren't ATTACHED TO ANYTHING.  They were just resting on the sheet rock in the ceiling.  Who the F thought that was a good idea??

• I judge my neighbors who have stopped paying their mortgage since their house will never be worth what they paid for it. She sat their and bragged about it to our group of friends.

I get people fall on hard times, but this is not the case for them since she just posted on Facebook about how she is going on yet another vacation. Oh, and last year she had a ton of plastic surgery done. I am not judging plastic surgery, I am still judging that she did it when she should be paying her mortgage!!!

I wanted to punch something. I slept maybe three hours last night, had to send DS2 to daycare even though he is clearly feeling a little under the weather bc I am swamped at a job I have to PAY my mortgage, while this biitch drags down the value of my home and go on a vacation every other month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WBMomWBMom member

I don't post often but I need to judge today:

I judge the former board members of a club my DD is a member of.  Remember the reason the club exists: for the benefit of the kids not to be your personal political ego building.  Because of all the infighting and backstabbing the club will probably not exist anymore.  New board members were elected with the hope of restructuring the club and moving it past the issues that occurred.  Except the backstabbing continues and now the club has no president and vice president and no one who is experienced with the sport is willing to run because they don't want to be raked over the coals.  Someone who was experienced was willing to run but some parents are trying to sabatoge the election and get people to not vote her in.  WTF!  Just take your toys and go away and let people who have the kids in mind take over. 

Sorry - I judge these people hourly over the past two weeks since this all happened. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I hard core judge the smoker who threw their butt out the window of the car this morning.  There are 5 fuckings wildfires in this state right now!  WTF is wrong with people?

(I hope this is not a UO but I had to vent about it - it seriously makes me see red) 

image   image

• imageEMO-mamma:

I hard core judge the smoker who threw their butt out the window of the car this morning.  There are 5 fuckings wildfires in this state right now!  WTF is wrong with people?

(I hope this is not a UO but I had to vent about it - it seriously makes me see red) 

How can this be a UO?  I super judge people who treat the rest of the world as their personal ashtray/trashcan.  GROSS! 

• I meant to post this last week, but missed the thread, so here goes:

I judge the mom at the doctor's office with the really sick toddler.  My 15 month old was there because she has an ear infection.  Not contagious, not really all that serious.  But while this other mom was on the phone in the waiting room (very loudly) talking to her boyfriend about how her daughter has a 103 fever and has been puking all night, her 3 year old was all over my daughter.  Trying to touch her and give her kisses and I can't freaking get away from her!  

I understand that it is hard to keep kids still, especially when the doctor is backed up and you've been waiting for an hour.  My kid wanted to wander around, too.  But my mostly well DD should not be exposed to whatever crud your kid has because you're too busy talking on the phone to control her!  

My DD didn't get that crud (thankfully), but it still bothers me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

I'm judging a friends SIL's and this is completely bias based on my friends side of the story.

SIL1: has a son with serious medical issues and is on welfare. She wants another child and is trying to get pg during conjugal visits with her H. He's in jail for molesting a 6 yo girl. I didn't realize these visits were allowed for that offense.

SIL2: is pg w/ a sex offenders child. He was 18 (now 23) and molested a 13 yo boy. She is carrying their son and has found txt messages leading her to believe he is cheating on her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

imagefinancialdiva:
    I judge my neighbors who have stopped paying their mortgage since their house will never be worth what they paid for it. She sat their and bragged about it to our group of friends. I get people fall on hard times, but this is not the case for them since she just posted on Facebook about how she is going on yet another vacation. Oh, and last year she had a ton of plastic surgery done. I am not judging plastic surgery, I am still judging that she did it when she should be paying her mortgage!!! I wanted to punch something. I slept maybe three hours last night, had to send DS2 to daycare even though he is clearly feeling a little under the weather bc I am swamped at a job I have to PAY my mortgage, while this biitch drags down the value of my home and go on a vacation every other month.

priorities, right?

• LoCarbLoCarb member
    imageEllaHella:

I judged a mom at daycare that flipped out over a minor thing.  She needs a nanny if she wants to micromanage her daughter's care. 

I also think there is a benefit in being flexible and easy going with your dcp.  Obviously you want regulations to be met and standards.  But it pays to befriend your dcp and being "that mom" won't get you there.

x1000

• I judge my MIL who claims she eats "really healthy." I've never seen her eat fruit, and she thinks the frozen pizza and hotdogs from the store are "healthy meals." Just don't feed my kid what you're eating.
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

Another judgement:

I was in court Tuesday and surprised by how many ppl wore jeans, shorts and sneakers to their appearances.

• I judge my neighbor who drives around the neighborhood in her golf cart with her 9 month old sitting in her lap.  These are city streets, not some gated country club community.  I don't understand why she thinks this is safe when I doubt (hope) she wouldn't do this in a real car.  At least put a helmet on the kid!!
  • I judge my DH for sleeping through the night every night for the past 9 months, no matter how many times I get up or how little sleep I get. I judge him for sleeping so soundly that his snoring keeps me awake the precious amount of time I actually get to try and sleep. And I judge him for sleeping in for an extra couple of hours after DD and I start our day and then getting up and tending to his needs first, like breakfast, shower, newspaper etc....

I judge myself for never getting anything done during my mat leave and for not being better at all this...
  • imagembenit4:
    imagemae0111:

I'm judging the previous owners of my new house.  They were disgusting.  The house was filthy.  Bugs everywhere.  Kitchen cabinets, microwave, lights and fixtures are covered in grease and dirt.  Cabinets full of rodent droppings.  Outside, they let the beautiful landscaping get all overgrown.  The yard is all poison ivy.  They didn't close the pool correctly, so the mechanical system is shot. It's a beautiful house, and they wrecked it.  And they lied about everything.  It's going to take a lot of work to get it right.

Why did you buy it like that? Just really curious.

The house looked clean enough - I didn't closely inspect the state of the cabinets or underneath the microwave that was mounted to the stove.  I didn't see any bugs or rodents any of the multiple times we walked through the house, so perhaps they cleaned stuff up before we got there.

We went through inspections, etc in the winter, so the pool was covered.  We did some investigation and knew it needed some work, but you can't turn on the pump when the weather is below freezing, as it was when we were going through the process.  We asked them the state of the pool, with the caveat that it would not affect the sale.  We just wanted to be able to order parts and schedule work if needed.  They told us everything was fine - a flat-out lie.

The electrical box, outlets, and switches were all fine, but the home inspector didn't climb up into the 15 foot ceiling to inspect the set-up of the ceiling fans.  Nor would I have expected that.  

I know the state of my old home when I left it.  I would be absolutely mortified if I left it the way these people did, and I'm really not a super neat person.  These people were filthy.

• imagePrivacyWanted:
    imageLoCarb:
    Another judgement:I was in court Tuesday and surprised by how many ppl wore jeans, shorts and sneakers to their appearances.
    My favs are the criminal defendants when I was a prosecutor which would show up with shirts sporting such gems as "420 it's time" or very clearly gang attire . Or when I worked for a domestic violence shelter, per lawyer days, and abuser would show up to their restraining order hearings wearing what are commonly known as "wife beater " tanks

lol...I guess that just makes everyone's job that much easier.  

• imagejuniper75:
    I judge my DH for sleeping through the night every night for the past 9 months, no matter how many times I get up or how little sleep I get. I judge him for sleeping so soundly that his snoring keeps me awake the precious amount of time I actually get to try and sleep. And I judge him for sleeping in for an extra couple of hours after DD and I start our day and then getting up and tending to his needs first, like breakfast, shower, newspaper etc.... I judge myself for never getting anything done during my mat leave and for not being better at all this...

I had some very similar issues with my DH after DD1 was born.  I resented him because he never got up at night voluntarily, and if I asked him, he'd roll his eyes and reluctantly agree.  It took a long time and lots of conversations and changes on both of our parts, but we got there.  We had DD2 3 months ago, and the difference is night and day.  He's an active participant in everything and has been since day 1.  Don't give up, and try to talk to him about it or your resentment will grow.  I let my resentment get bad enough that I was on the verge of taking DD and leaving before things started to change.  It shouldn't have gotten to that point, and we shared the blame there.

And give yourself a break.  Enjoy your leave and don't worry about getting anything done.

• I judge the person in my neighborhood that doesn't trim their hedge ever, so that I have to take my boys into the street to pass their house because the sidewalk is completely blocked! 

• aglennaglenn member

imagejuniper75:
    I judge my DH for sleeping through the night every night for the past 9 months, no matter how many times I get up or how little sleep I get. I judge him for sleeping so soundly that his snoring keeps me awake the precious amount of time I actually get to try and sleep. And I judge him for sleeping in for an extra couple of hours after DD and I start our day and then getting up and tending to his needs first, like breakfast, shower, newspaper etc.... I judge myself for never getting anything done during my mat leave and for not being better at all this...

Ugh, my DH sucks at nighttime.  I do make him get up and help sometimes but it takes forever for me to wake him up, and then he has no patience with the kid(s) who are up and they get upset and half the time I end up getting up, too...it is an ongoing saga at our house.  And both of my kids are bad sleepers.  I am very tired, and DH knows it and knows it enrages me, but it does not change.  And the snoring!  Drives me insane.

Just this morning he laid in bed all morning while I got myself and both kids fed, dressed, and ready for the day, and then we had to wait around for him to shower so he could take them to day care.  I'm still fuming.  I definitely judge him for that, and judge myself for not being able to get him to step up despite trying every.single.day for the last 4 years....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I also judge myself (again) for getting sucked in to the WM vs SAHM post yesterday.

This.

Note to self:  keep your mouth shut, and just worry about your own damn problems. 

• I judge people that say could of instead of could have. How does could of even make sense?

• Oh Good- I'm full of judgement today :)

I judge my mom who is the judgiest person that I know. My husband works from home and she talks about him (behind his back) like he doesn't work at all because he doesn't go in to an office. She also calls me all the time to say things like "I wish that you didn't have to work" "I wish that you could buy a bigger house" "I wish that you could afford nicer things" It makes me insane!! Like her comments help at all.

I also judge the distant friend on FB that posts at least 10 shots of her kid every morning plus what she's making for breakfast, lunch etc....She also refers to her self as "This mommy" like "this mommy needs a break" or "this mommy is having fun" I mean- who gives a s**t how many days old your kid is and please go get an identity other than "this mommy" FFS!

• imagejuniper75:

Kick his azz out of the bed and make him get up. My DH is a really deep sleeper, but he gets up when I make him. YH is only doing this because you're allowing it.

• imageJNL$LSM:

imagePrivacyWanted:
    imagefinancialdiva:
    I judge my neighbors who have stopped paying their mortgage since their house will never be worth what they paid for it. She sat their and bragged about it to our group of friends. I get people fall on hard times, but this is not the case for them since she just posted on Facebook about how she is going on yet another vacation. Oh, and last year she had a ton of plastic surgery done. I am not judging plastic surgery, I am still judging that she did it when she should be paying her mortgage!!! I wanted to punch something. I slept maybe three hours last night, had to send DS2 to daycare even though he is clearly feeling a little under the weather bc I am swamped at a job I have to PAY my mortgage, while this biitch drags down the value of my home and go on a vacation every other month.
    This is one of my biggest peeves. Our house is worth a good 60k less than we paid. Yet I still work and pay our mortgage. So many neighbors have jumped ship and bought bigger homes by letting the homes in our neighborhood slip into foreclosure. Then investors buy them and rent them. The whole street is now mainly rentals. I wish my own moral code would let me step away from our mortgage

DH and I had to do this, my job sent me to DC and in order to get a short sale we had to stop paying our mortgage. We got an offer, the bank would not take it because "their words" we were not behind on our payments.

It broke our hearts to do this but we had no choice. Folks that do this on purpose make it bad for those who have no choice.

Sorry, but yeah, you had a choice. You could have sold at a loss. You could have kept it and hired a mgmt company to manage rentals. If these things were financially impossible to do, you should have brought that up in negotiating job relocation.  

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I judge my mom for complaining about how "bored" she is - she is taking a month long vacation across Spain!  Um....I'm sorry if you can't find anything to entertain yourself with while you are traveling; but since I'm busting my bottoms working every day, it's hard to be sympathetic.
  • I judge people who complain alllll the time but do nothing to change the situation. If you can change it...then change it. If you can't then let it go
  • imageAnnecyDream:
    imageJNL$LSM:

imagePrivacyWanted:
    imagefinancialdiva:
    This is one of my biggest peeves. Our house is worth a good 60k less than we paid. Yet I still work and pay our mortgage. So many neighbors have jumped ship and bought bigger homes by letting the homes in our neighborhood slip into foreclosure. Then investors buy them and rent them. The whole street is now mainly rentals. I wish my own moral code would let me step away from our mortgage

DH and I had to do this, my job sent me to DC and in order to get a short sale we had to stop paying our mortgage. We got an offer, the bank would not take it because "their words" we were not behind on our payments.

It broke our hearts to do this but we had no choice. Folks that do this on purpose make it bad for those who have no choice.

Sorry, but yeah, you had a choice. You could have sold at a loss. You could have kept it and hired a mgmt company to manage rentals. If these things were financially impossible to do, you should have brought that up in negotiating job relocation.  

I have to agree.  I also hate that people can free themselves of mortgage and credit card debt by declaring bankruptcy, but you can't ever escape student loan debt unless you die.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagejuniper75:

I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  I don't even make it optional. I only have the opportunity to sleep in 4 days/month because my husband works every other weekend.  I flat out say "I'm sleeping in tomorrow." When DS gets up, I say, "The baby is up. Please go feed him."

As far as getting stuff done...give it time. It's a big adjustment.

• I judge an old friend on Facebook who is a speech pathologist for children and constantly posts articles on how to be better parents (lots of what not to do articles and sometimes even directed at specific friends).  She doesn't have children! She's not a doctor!  I had to unfriend her today because I couldn't bite my tongue anymore. I also judged the dumb women who responded giving her any credibility whatsoever. 
  • I judge my friend's 30 year old boyfriend who works minimum wage PT in retail, doesn't have a driver's license or car, my friend has to bust her working two jobs to pay the bills, and he is constantly posting on FB about how he can't wait to buy the new XBOX or Playstation...How about you save some money for a CAR or one of the many things your daughter needs!! Oh and he also likes to complain on the off chance his work needs him to pick up extra shifts. How embarrassing for a grown man to post a status update about how he's "never working 45 hours in one week again". STFU! I judge my friend almost as much for constantly complaining about his bad habits, but staying with him and putting up with that nonsense.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsSDgirl:
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I also judge myself (again) for getting sucked in to the WM vs SAHM post yesterday.

This.

Note to self:  keep your mouth shut, and just worry about your own damn problems. 

I judge myself for getting into this argument as well whenever it pops up. 

• imageKhaleesi07:
    I judge my friend's 30 year old boyfriend who works minimum wage PT in retail, doesn't have a driver's license or car, my friend has to bust her working two jobs to pay the bills, and he is constantly posting on FB about how he can't wait to buy the new XBOX or Playstation...How about you save some money for a CAR or one of the many things your daughter needs!! Oh and he also likes to complain on the off chance his work needs him to pick up extra shifts. How embarrassing for a grown man to post a status update about how he's "never working 45 hours in one week again". STFU! I judge my friend almost as much for constantly complaining about his bad habits, but staying with him and putting up with that nonsense.

I judge your friend for putting up with this.  She must have really, really, REALLY low self esteem to date a complete loser like this. 

• Thanks ladies for all the support! I have tried talking to him but he just doesn't get it.   He has given me sleep in days twice but that's pretty much it.  He justifies it all to himself because we are still nursing and she started refusing bottles about 4 months ago.  When DD wakes up during the night - which is often 2-3 times, I can usually nurse, rock and get her back to bed in about 15 minutes.  He tried to get her back to bed a couple of times and she just screams and he winds up being in with her forever.   He figures that since I can't sleep through her screaming and she goes down so easily for me, that I should be the one to get up with her and that way everyone gets more sleep.  I've tried to explain to him that the only reason its so hard for him to get her down is because he never does it!  He gets very defensive when I try to talk to him about it, probably because he knows he is in the wrong.  A few times he's even given me thrown out a stupid "who is the one who wanted a baby so badly" comment which makes me want to beat him senseless. We've both always wanted a family.  Frankly he's lucky to have escaped unscathed given the many nights I have fantasized about braining him with a frying pan.   He's wanting us to start trying for #2 right away and I keep telling him there won't be a second if things don't change.

Normally I just suck it up and try not to let it bother me, but she is cutting two teeth right now and the nights have been far worse than normal with long wakefuls and lots of screaming.  Hopefully it gets better soon!    But the truth is although I understand his "rationale" I don't agree with it and I do judge him and believe that I am a better parent than him because I don't just jump in when its fun or easy.

• imagejuniper75:

Thanks ladies for all the support! I have tried talking to him but he just doesn't get it.   He has given me sleep in days twice but that's pretty much it.  He justifies it all to himself because we are still nursing and she started refusing bottles about 4 months ago.  When DD wakes up during the night - which is often 2-3 times, I can usually nurse, rock and get her back to bed in about 15 minutes.  He tried to get her back to bed a couple of times and she just screams and he winds up being in with her forever.   He figures that since I can't sleep through her screaming and she goes down so easily for me, that I should be the one to get up with her and that way everyone gets more sleep.  I've tried to explain to him that the only reason its so hard for him to get her down is because he never does it!  He gets very defensive when I try to talk to him about it, probably because he knows he is in the wrong.  A few times he's even given me thrown out a stupid "who is the one who wanted a baby so badly" comment which makes me want to beat him senseless. We've both always wanted a family.  Frankly he's lucky to have escaped unscathed given the many nights I have fantasized about braining him with a frying pan.   He's wanting us to start trying for #2 right away and I keep telling him there won't be a second if things don't change.

Normally I just suck it up and try not to let it bother me, but she is cutting two teeth right now and the nights have been far worse than normal with long wakefuls and lots of screaming.  Hopefully it gets better soon!    But the truth is although I understand his "rationale" I don't agree with it and I do judge him and believe that I am a better parent than him because I don't just jump in when its fun or easy.

I definitely would NOT have a second child with him until he gets it and makes changes himself.  Good for you for making that well known to him.

• I should mention that he will pitch in with other activities like feeding her solids, changing diapers, baths and he does more housework than I do these days - he just really sucks at anything sleep related.   This is the main reason I haven't brained him yet.
  • imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I judge my coworkers for making me wait for 25 mins for a conference call to start. WTF are you guys doing at the office? Don't you know I have to poop?! (apologies for the TMI)

I also judge myself (again) for getting sucked in to the WM vs SAHM post yesterday. I didn't contribute, but found it interesting in various ways.

thats what mute is for! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"