May 2013 Moms

Restless Afternoons

This is my first child, so I am learning as I go.  I am breastfeeding my son, he was 4 weeks old yesterday.  He is sleeping about 3-4 hours at a time during the night and usually sleeps in between each feeding during the day.  For the past couple of days he has been fussy and restless in the afternoons.  For example, he ate from 5:40-6:15 pm yesterday, was wide awake after eating, slept for about 10 minutes, ate again from 8:00-8:45 pm, did not sleep again until after late night feeding.  Finally ate again at 10:30-11:00 and fell asleep.  Any advice about infants fighting sleep is greatly appreciated!

Re: Restless Afternoons

• About 2 weeks ago (at about a month old) mine started being awake from 4pm to 8pm every day and pretty fussy.

it is his new schedule 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DD has been fussing more and more lately, too.

I've been relying too heavily on the pacifier, which I'm sure I'm going to regret later, but right now I'm fine with doing whatever works!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to only swaddle at night but lately if LO gets fussy for no apparent reason I swaddle him but leave him in the living room with light/sound and that's been helping him sleep. I just started today though... the last few days were rough. He is 6 weeks 5 days today.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My guy is most awake and fussy in afternoons and evenings now too. Think it's just his new schedule.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO seems to be an evening and night owl. We've been going for a short walk outside every afternoon. She fusses when I strap her into the chest carrier but calms down quickly once we get outside. She doesn't always fall asleep but she stops yelling.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"