June 2013 Moms

post-term

How long will your OBs/MWs let you go past your EDD if there are no problems? My OB says 41 weeks and I always thought it was 42 before you were post-term. EDD is tomorrow and (like many other moms on here) am getting anxious with no real signs of labor. First NST is tomorrow afternoon...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: post-term

• I have an appt at 4:30p today so I'll find out then.

I still have 11 days to go and I am so over it already.  I seriously, honestly don't know if I can handle going to 42 weeks.  I've been crying all morning.....I can't sleep and I'm so uncomfortable.  This is just too much....the first pregnancy was so much easier....

• jlaOKjlaOK member

I just got back from the OB and we talked about this.  She would really like for me to not go too much past 41 weeks, but for me that is July 4th week and she'll be out of town.  I'm hoping to get scheduled for 42 weeks 1 day and hopefully she'll be comfortable with that.

FWIW, I'm from a very pro-induction area and most people electively get induced at 39 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • imagejlaOK:

I just got back from the OB and we talked about this.  She would really like for me to not go too much past 41 weeks, but for me that is July 4th week and she'll be out of town.  I'm hoping to get scheduled for 42 weeks 1 day and hopefully she'll be comfortable with that.

FWIW, I'm from a very pro-induction area and most people electively get induced at 39 weeks.

Same here. My OB is going out of town after Friday and will be gone for a week. Will try to see if I can wait til he gets back to try any induction (41 weeks/4 days), but fingers crossed DD will arrive before then! 

Anniversary       

• imagejlaOK:

Same here. My OB is going out of town for a week after Friday, and I am going to see if I can wait til he gets back to try any induction methods (I'll be 41 weeks/4 days by then) as long as the NST shows no problems. Fingers crossed DD arrives before then! 

Anniversary       

• Didn't mean for that to post twice.  computer is acting funky.
    Anniversary       

• My OB and I already discussed this.  I will be induced at 41 weeks, 5 days if I don't go into labor on my own.  I really really don't want to be induced though!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB induces at 41 weeks unless you want to wait and do NSTs, he will let you go to 42 weeks. My induction is scheduled at 41 weeks 1 day.

• Wish82Wish82 member

My OB won't let you go past 42 weeks. Depending how things go this week, we'll talk induction for somewhere between 41w2d and 41w4d. I have mixed feelings on that. My EDD was on a Sunday, so they are doing everything just before  I hit the appropriate milestone, since it falls on the weekend. I'd like to wait till 42 weeks, but I think it's going to be hopeless and an induction (and possibly c section) are inevitable. I have nothing to go on but my gut instinct. 

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • She's said before that 42 weeks is the absolute longest she's comfortable letting someone go. When I mentioned something about waiting until 42 weeks last week she didn't sound all that comfortable letting me go that long, and honestly I don't know if I want to wait that long either. I have an appt tomorrow and I think we'll talk about it more in depth. I'm going to shoot for an induction date of the 24th where I'd be 41 weeks and 4 days which is plenty long enough for me. I really hope he doesn't make us wait that long though!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• My MW said she would induce on Monday if I didn't go by then (I would be 41 wks at that point), but would need a NST Friday.
  • My OB agreed that 42 is fair enough to wait since I am so not wanting induction. Today I am 41 weeks and pretty uncomfortable. After my bio physical and NST yesterday, I let him strip my membranes since I'm 3cm and 80%. On Friday when I go in again to do my next bio physical and NST, I may give in to be induced. We will see!
  • My dr will discuss induction at 10 days late. One week today!
  • My OB does inductions at 41 weeks. I really, really hope I don't have to have an induction :S
  • my OB's practice does not like to let it go past 41 weeks.  At my 40 wk appt, we did a NST and at 40 Wk and 4 days, she will have me come back for a quick ultrasound to make sure my fluid level is ok and to do another NST to make sure I can go past the weekend till 41wks.  I think that if I requested, she would let me go further than 41 weeks as long as there aren't any medical reasons, but I agreed to the induction at 41 weeks because I am ready.  so ready. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • For a normal pregnancy 42 weeks is the absolute last date my office will let you go. They prefer to induce at 41 1/2 weeks.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine will go 42 weeks if all is well.

• My Dr. wont let me go past 41 weeks.
  • REWOP2REWOP2 member
    imagekristinrae914:

I have an appt at 4:30p today so I'll find out then.

I still have 11 days to go and I am so over it already.  I seriously, honestly don't know if I can handle going to 42 weeks.  I've been crying all morning.....I can't sleep and I'm so uncomfortable.  This is just too much....the first pregnancy was so much easier....

i am in the exact same boat right down to the 4:30 appt. the headaches the body aches and feeling like a whale have exhausted me. I'm.so.done.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • skioskio member
    41w, but I'm a VBACer with another big baby on board.

With my first, I told them I wouldn't consider induction before 42w barring medical necessity. My decision, not theirs.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member
    imagesmellychelly25:
    My Dr. wont let me go past 41 weeks.

Same here.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• 42 as long as there are no complications.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"