Food Allergy
Options

Any other LO's allergic to oatmeal?

It started back when I was BF'ing, and continued through his first tastes of solid food. It took me awhile to figure it out, but finally we did it. We tried again when he was about 9 1/2 or 10 months and still got a bad reaction. I would really like to try him on it again to see if he has grown out of it, but I don't want to put him through the tummy ache, poops and general crabbiness. If any of your LO's were allergic, how long until they grew out of it, if at all?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any other LO's allergic to oatmeal?

• Options

Oats are a common allergy. 

First, i would check all the other ingredients in the oatmeal you're feeding him.  Some have dairy and/or soy in it so it actually might be that.  But there are many people with an oats allergy. 

• Options
    My daughter had an oat allergy starting around 6 months old.  She grew out of it by the age of 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son has an oat allergy. We started to use Aveeno for his eczema and one day when it wasn't getting any better but got worse, I stopped it and within 12 hrs he cleared up completely. The dermatologist said that only about 5% of people react to the oat in Aveeno but since I knew my son already had food allergies, we had him tested for oat and it came back positive. I was furious that the dermatologist didn't pick up on that earlier, but I guess since it is a low possibility, but then with already having one allergy, they are more likely to have another. He is now 32 mos old and is allergic to milk, soy, oat, tree nuts, peanuts, coconut & mustard. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"