Baby Showers
Options

MTB wearing black?

So, this evening just to double check I tried on the dress I was planning to wear to my shower this weekend and discovered my stomache has outgrown it. Oops! It is a maternity dress, hence my not anticipaing this problem I tried on every dress I have that may be an option, and the one that looks best is black. Is it too unfestive for the MTB to wear black to her June afternoon shower? I'm hoping the right jewelry will resolve the issue, cause I don't really have time to shop for something at this point. What do y'all think, ok or do I need to find a way to make the time to try to find a nonblack dress to wear?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MTB wearing black?

• Options
    I think it's fine. Add some fun jewelry and I'm sure you'll look great.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Wear black and add color with jewelry its more important for you to feel comfortable in what your wearing than wearing a certain color
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There's really no wrong time to wear a black dress, except maybe your wedding day.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I feel much better about the choice and relieved I don't have to go on some big shopping hunt I don't really have time for!
  • Options

I wear black all the time and I live in FL. I feel like it looks better on me. I wear a lot of black maxi skirts with a bright top or black capri pants.

I say wear what you feel looks best on you. 

• Options
    I dont see anything wrong with wearing a black dress!  Just don't add a black veil and a black hat :) 
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options

i wore black. 

and i got married in black. 

• Options
    imagesunflower92:

i wore black. 

I stand corrected. There really is no wrong time to wear black.Smile

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageCNJ4EVA:
    imagesunflower92:

i wore black. 

I stand corrected. There really is no wrong time to wear black.Smile

ha!  insert smiley face!

• Options

Thanks for the additional responses!  Clearly I was worrying about nothing in most people's minds.  While I tend to wear a good bit of black in my day to day, like Chattychiq, it's NMS to wear black to a wedding, so it likewise feels NMS to wear black as the honoree of a baby shower.  But I'm going to go with it with confidence knowing that's a minority opinion! (and I really don't think I'll easily find anything I like with the little bit of shopping time I may have before Saturday!)

• Options
    Wear what you feel good in (or simply fits). As you said, with the right jewelry and shoes, you'll look great. Have fun. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    shakesshakes member
    I wore a long black dress to my shower and dressed it up with and indigo shrug and indigo satin flats. I was so damn comfy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"