Babies: 0 - 3 Months

would anyone use a 26 year old swing & play pen? Is it safe?

I posted on a previous board about my mother in law who had only my husband & saved ALL of his baby items. Now that we just had our son in March when she watches him at her house she wants to use all these old things such as crib, changing table, swing, crib, play pen, toys, clothes & even Diapers!

yes diapers! crazy I know. I have told her not to use the diapers because that is just insane because they have been in her attic for 25 years & who knows whats on them! well she ignores my concerns & requests to not use them & put them on him anyway! I was livid. I got over it after she threw them out when we threaten to not let her watch him anymore. well then she put up the ancient crib & swing & play pen.

I saw the stuff she put up that she planned to put him in & use & I called off work & left with him because I didn't feel ok with leaving him there. I would just like some other momma's opinions on the subject & to ask if I'm being crazy? I mean they have to be recalled right? & the swing was down right scary looking... death trap should be its name..

Re: would anyone use a 26 year old swing & play pen? Is it safe?

• You're not being crazy, my mother in law has attempted to get us to use a variety of things she saved from 30 years ago when my husband and brother in law were boys.  It's really annoying, especially because she kept them in a storage bin in a very moldy attic.  

Do you have a pack and play?  If not can you afford one?  We bought one for my son to use as a crib in the beginning and a play area - maybe bringing one with you or getting one for her to use would help solve the issue.  Tell her that you know she means well but safety standards have changed a great deal in 30 years.  I would not allow her to put your kid in the swing or in the crib though.  You're not crazy, she is. 

• OMG!!! My MIL is the same! Thank goodness she doesn't have any of that stuff left though. She does have every toy and all the clothes left from my DH and my SIL. It's insane! I could tell she was mad when I found out o was having a girl. I dodged a bullet LOL she can't force my LO to wear 34 year old clothes LOL.
    Hugs! Stand your ground. I've decided I don't care if my wants and dis wants for my LO make my MIL mad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • rm2013rm2013 member
    imageBlissBerry:
    Absolutely not. nbsp;That said, if she's watching your LO, you need to provide her with the gear you want her to use.

This.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageBliss+Berry:

Absolutely not.  

That said, if she's watching your LO, you need to provide her with the gear you want her to use.   

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    imageBliss+Berry:

Absolutely not.  

That said, if she's watching your LO, you need to provide her with the gear you want her to use.   

This!

Yep!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"