Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Albuterol nebulizer 3 month old

My son was just put on albuterol nebulizer.. Has any other moms used this with your baby? If so did you notice any side effects? How did baby act? Did it affect babys sleep? Any comments on it are welcome

Re: Albuterol nebulizer 3 month old

• imageLindseyLooMagoo:
    My son was just put on albuterol nebulizer.. Has any other moms used this with your baby? If so did you notice any side effects? How did baby act? Did it affect babys sleep? Any comments on it are welcome

We had to do the nebulizer a few times with DS1. I would advise you to do the last treatment about two hours before bedtime. It made him a bit hyper and jitteru.

image image
  • Oh no!  Breathing issues are the worst.  Ditto to the in advance of bedtime or in the middle of sleep.  Albuterol typically hypes up kids.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Las135Las135 member
    I'm a Pediatric ER nurse, and what everyone said it true.  Definitely can make LO a little hyper and jittery.  Good Luck!

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• We had to do it with my little girl when she was only 3 months old. She did well with the treatments. Usually fell asleep. It can make babies jittery and also increase their heart rate. I don't remember it effecting her sleep any. I'm sure it can have different side effects on different babies. Just like anything else. If you are worried you should ask the doctor or pharmacist about possible side effects. Or even read the paper that should come with the medicine from the pharmacy. I always read those things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"