Baby Names

Our short-ish team green lists

Hi all! I'm 28 weeks along, team green. I'd love to hear your thoughts on our current lists. We want classic (a little quirky is good), but not overly popular or at all trendy. Last name is Church.ill. DS goes by Jay. TIA!

Girl:
Annette (my mom is Ann)
Susanne (DH's sister is Susie)
Margaret nn Greta (or even Greta on its own)
Elizabeth nn Bess (LOVE Bess, not crazy about Elizabeth being a top 10 name, although the name itself is beautiful)
Helene (this was the front-runner when we had DS 3 years ago... still loving it, with MN Marie) (Helen was my grandmother)

Boy: (MN probably Joseph, my dad's name)
Theodore nn Theo (my favorite) (big jump last year on SSA list, though)
Lane (DH just brought this one to the table... it's the only one he came up with on his own so I want to give it good consideration)
Graham (trendy?)
Vaughn (DH really likes, I'm OK with it)

Re: Our short-ish team green lists

• Helene and Theodore!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• imageIloveshanej:
    Helene and Theodore!

+1 

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • On your girl list I like Margaret (not a fan of Greta though), Susanne, Elizabeth, and Helene.  Helene is probably my favorite.  

I like Graham a lot on the boy list, and Vaughn is refreshing.   

• bobceebobcee member

My favorites off your girls list are Annette and Margaret. Love the NN Greta or even the possibility of making it her full name. While I like Elizabeth and a lot of the NN that go along with it, Bess reminds me of a cow for some reason.

For boys, I think Theodore is getting used more frequently (at least it's mentioned a lot around here lately), but I think it's probably my favorite off your boys list. i also like Graham. I'm not a fan of Lane or Vaughn at all.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• All good except Lane or Vaughan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Helene and Theodore

You said your DS goes by Jay. What is his full name? Jay and Theo sound cute together.

• For girls I like Susanne, Greta, and Helene. Elizabeth isn't bad. For boys I love Theodore and Graham.
  • ==N====N== member
    I like Greta and graham, followed by Elizabeth not a fan of bess though and Vaughn.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I really like your taste in names.  We have both Margaret and Elizabeth on our short list for a future DD, so they get my votes.

Elizabeth Marie or Margaret Helen are beautiful names!

I love Graham for a boy.  I am hearing it a lot lately, but I wouldn't consider it trendy.  My second choice for you would be Vaughn.  It's different without being weird

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Of the girls I love Helene.. so pretty     Greta on its own would be totally fine   and I adore nn Bess although completely agree with you on Elizabeth.

Theodore is great    Theodore Joseph would get my vote!

• clownyclowny member
    imageg8trkim:

Helene and Theodore

You said your DS goes by Jay. What is his full name? Jay and Theo sound cute together.

Oh, it's kind of confusing and annoying, but we used family names... Ste.phen Jar.rett... nicknamed his middle name, mostly b/c DH is Steve and my brother is Jar.rett. (Jar.rett is also my dad's and grandfather's middle names); we didn't want to have 2 of the same name around and have to distinguish all the time. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

• clownyclowny member
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

I really like your taste in names.  We have both Margaret and Elizabeth on our short list for a future DD, so they get my votes.

Elizabeth Marie or Margaret Helen are beautiful names!

I love Graham for a boy.  I am hearing it a lot lately, but I wouldn't consider it trendy.  My second choice for you would be Vaughn.  It's different without being weird

Thank you! My only reservation (and it's slight) about Vaughn is it sounds kind of harsh, especially compared to DS (Jay). 

• Margaret/Greta or Elizabeth/Bess

Theodore/Theo or Graham

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Helene and Theodore
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Margaret and Theodore are my favorites
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not a fan of Annette or Susanne.  LOVE Margaret, but I feel it's gaining popularity.  Same with Elizabeth - love it, but it's one of those strong classic names that will never get old (good and bad thing if you don't want an overly popular name).  LOVE Helene and I feel it's way underused.  My vote is definitely Helene!!

Theodore by default.  I'm not a huge fan of the name, but I don't care for Lane, Graham is becoming very popular and I don't like Vaughn at all.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • G: I love the names Margaret (not Greta though), Elizabeth, and Helen (not Helene).

B: My favorite name on this list is Theodore.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Helene and Vaughn are my favorites
    Visit The Nest! IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Helene is my favorite, then Margaret and Susanne (but I like it better spelled Suzanne). For boys, I like Graham and Vaughn. Theodore and Lane are NMS and I think Lane is just too "soft."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • clownyclowny member

Thanks Ladies! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"