April 2013 Moms

Feeling Pretty

So most of us have several things still sucking between the last ten pounds, hair loss, breakouts, bleeding, etc... But there has to be stuff making you feel good. So what are some of your favorite exercises/ cosmetics to make you feel good again?

I'm enjoying Pilates focusing on my legs/hips and love cover girls bb cream! Makes me feel a little bit more human.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Feeling Pretty

• I just got a bunch of new Bobbi Brown makeup that is very fun and gets me excited to apply. Also some new lululemon clothes that encourage me to go to yoga. I am also ordering a new Stella and dot bracelet. Yea!
  • Can't wait to start lifting heavy squats again and my deadlifts. I am only up to 80lbs on both, but it is a start. I have about 75lbs to go before I get to where I was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A shower always makes me feel human again. ESPECIALLY if I get to take one with out any interruptions. Nothing worse then the curtain being pulled aside to be asked by a 2 yr old what I am doing. Although cute the first 2 or 3 times it gets old quick.  

My go to snack at night is now apple cut up into thin pieces on a plate, then I heat some peanut butter so that it is runny and drizzle that  all over the apple. Top with either honey roasted peanuts, a few chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, coconut or a combination of any of the above. SO good and way more healthy then chips or a chocolate bar that I seem to crave all the time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos for hair and makeup since DH is working nights right now. I splurged the other day and bought some new makeup. So once or twice a week when LO is napping and I am ahead on housework, I like to put those videos to use and play dress up, lol! Even if we don't get out of the house, still makes me feel a little more human. 
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Actually blow drying my hair with a little product makes a huge difference compared to air drying..  It's so easy to skip when I have a billion other things to do but it makes me feel like I'm just a tiny bit more put together.  I've been taking walks with our dog several times a week after the littles are in bed and I find that has also done wonders just in making me feel bit healthier, physically AND mentally.  I think I might spend a little money on some new cute workout clothes (I wish I could afford lululemon!!) as an incentive to take it to the next level.  I 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Putting on a full face of make-up, especially using my Urban Decay eye shadow palette.

Getting a manicure and pedicure. 

Also, being able to take my time in the shower without worrying that the baby could start crying at any second. Being able to use a body scrub and take my time shaving, it feels very luxurious now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been doing squats instead of rocking the baby when she's fussy. She doesn't mind the up down vs side to side and I'm getting killer legs and buns. Although my husband does laugh at me...
  • imageRachel623:
    I've been doing squats instead of rocking the baby when she's fussy. She doesn't mind the up down vs side to side and I'm getting killer legs and buns. Although my husband does laugh at me...

Love this
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I make sure I shower, do my hair and makeup everyday during DS's morning naps and wear decent clothes that aren't PJs.

I've also painted my nails and done full pedicures and manicures while he sleeps, plus hot baths several times a week. I make it a priority to feel good and my H helps me out a lot
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Two things : working out hard. Long, sweat runs and kick gym time make mama happy!

Also, I got a Lorac tan set and it really perks my face up. Love it!
  • imageRachel623:
    I've been doing squats instead of rocking the baby when she's fussy. She doesn't mind the up down vs side to side and I'm getting killer legs and buns. Although my husband does laugh at me...

oooh great idea!

I got my hair done today! First cut and color since march and I feel so much better. Also started my new Jillian michaels 30 day shred today!  

• imageMklems29:
    imageRachel623:

Love this

Me too! So smart.

I've been trying to make sure I leave the house a few times a week and when I do, I put on makeup and do my hair. Starting last week I've been able to start going to the gym again. I've just been doing Zumba but now that I've been cleared I'm going to start lifting again. I'm excited!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started running and weight lifting around 4 weeks. I started slow but it felt great and I was quickly lifting just as much as I was before pregnancy. Even though I'm sure I don't look any different yet, exercise seems to psych me out and make me feel sexier lol :) 
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"