Breastfeeding

fenugreek = gas

Holy gasiness! Started taking fenugreek and LO I now have some serious gas. Anyone else experience this? What did you do to help LO with this?

Re: fenugreek = gas

• I quit taking fenugreek. Just wasn't worth it as LO was miserable.
  • imageLitasail:
    I quit taking fenugreek. Just wasn't worth it as LO was miserable.

This.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLitasail:
    I quit taking fenugreek. Just wasn't worth it as LO was miserable.

This.  However, I started taking it again when I went back to work (DS was around 14 weeks) and we both seemed to tolerate it better.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We pushed through for a week because my supply showed increase after about 2.5 days. We used gasx for LO and when I went off the fenugreek my supply remained. LC said you only have to take it until supply is built an then you should be able to stop.

• Yes! That's one of the side affects. It's weird because when I first started taking it I had no issues. As I got closer to finishing the bottle I started feeling bloated and gassy. It helped increase my supply but the stomach discomfort was NOT worth it. Christopher didn't seem to have the same symptoms, he's always been gassy. lol

• I quit taking it and gave LO gasx until the milk made it through her system - both of us had gas and diarrhea so we don't take it - I make lactation cookies and ended up supplementing with formula instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • leasajleasaj member
    imageopaque1997:
    I quit taking it and gave LO gasx until the milk made it through her system both of us had gas and diarrhea so we don't take it I make lactation cookies and ended up supplementing with formula instead.

How long did it take to leave milk?
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    It made me super gassy but not too bad for LO so I stayed on it for a while. We did give her gas drops occasionally if she got gassy but never knew if it was the fenugreek or just usual gassy baby.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"