October 2013 Moms

Embarrassed to Be on This Board...

I've noticed for quite a while that among all the fun 'It's A Girl!' 'It's A Boy!' posts, there seems to be a lot of negative content on this board.

Sure, my back hurts and I have stuff to vent about, but it is quite sad to me that when someone takes time to post about the POSITIVE things about her pregnancy, the first thing you guys do is mock her, put her down, and search for GIFs to ridicule her.

Really?

If you spent as much time walking around the block or doing something productive as you do on your 'GIF wars' and criticisms of other boards (ie December 2013) maybe you'd be having a better pregnancy. Do you even have lives? What did you do with yourselves before you were pregnant and getting catty on The Bump?

I get it, hormones are high when you're making a baby, I have them too, but aren't we all supposed to be grown adults here?

Feel free to prove my point with your ridiculous time-wasting GIFs under this post. I'll be deleting my account so I can find another group of women that actually support each other during one of the most important times of our lives.

Re: Embarrassed to Be on This Board...

• *waves*

Bye! 

• JFC. Don't make me get on my computer and gif the crap out of this post.

• Loading the player...
  • Ohhhhh Learn to have some fun. Sweet Jesus. 
  • The funny part was that everyone was basically poking fun AT THEMSELVES and not the OP. 
  • Oh Boy, we have a GBCB post. I mean seriously, we're all SUPER supportive around here, but also enjoy snarkiness and will tell it like it is. This is NOT a P&R forum. Go check out baby gaga.

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • imagecarriet2018:

I guess I don't have a life, before this I would play candy crush and bejeweled....oh well.

Sh!t, I still squeeze some Farm Heroes Saga in there..... 

• imagetmccord21:
    The funny part was that everyone was basically poking fun AT THEMSELVES and not the OP. 

I know, right?!?! We were all saying what fat a$$e$ we were and having fun with fat people gifs LMAO. 

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • For the record, all those cute it's a boy and it's a girl posts get old fast.  This would be BORING if that was all we were able to contribute.

Secondly, WE LOVE DEC 13.  I don't know where people keep getting it stuck in their heads that we hate them.

Thirdly, you reported that wonderful gif thread, didn't you? 

And finally, OP:

• OP don't assume anything about the women on this board. I use this board for fun! Mainly because real life is stressful, and coming on this board and having comradery and gif-ing is just fun.

Get over yourself.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• layalilayali member

PS My pregnancy, and this board, are both awesome. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetaylormarie923:

For the record, all those cute it's a boy and it's a girl posts get old fast.  This would be BORING if that was all we were able to contribute.

Secondly, WE LOVE DEC 13.  I don't know where people keep getting it stuck in their heads that we hate them.

Thirdly, you reported that wonderful gif thread, didn't you? 

And finally, OP:

Me neither. WTF?

imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• I'm so confused why people keep saying things about our board...I don't think anything unsupportive has happened while I've been here on October.  The gif wars to me are funny and harmless and I'm pretty sure this board backed December...,very weird to me.  Also the women in this board seem to back each other pretty well....I remember a lot of losses here that were very upsetting and the board came together.  I am assuming the op has no sense of humor and this probably is not the place for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • imagepetdocd:

imageAmjoy25:

This is so cute!

OP, is a lack of sense of humor a pregnancy symptom? If it is, you seem to be experiencing it. Now run along to your very busy, fulfilling life, full of puppies and rainbows!  

It's so appropriate. It's a cute lil stuffed unicorn and even he thinks OP is ridiculous. 

• To OP: image

To my fellow wolf pack: image 

• I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said, except to say goodbye and you won't be missed.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Also, sorry you weren't able to hang with our amazingly awesome wolfpack.  Or as NRyan likes to say, "Wolpack."

• imagedanimcbroom:

I've noticed for quite a while that among all the fun 'It's A Girl!' 'It's A Boy!' posts, there seems to be a lot of negative content on this board.

Sure, my back hurts and I have stuff to vent about, but it is quite sad to me that when someone takes time to post about the POSITIVE things about her pregnancy, the first thing you guys do is mock her, put her down, and search for GIFs to ridicule her.

Really?

If you spent as much time walking around the block or doing something productive as you do on your 'GIF wars' and criticisms of other boards (ie December 2013) maybe you'd be having a better pregnancy. Do you even have lives? What did you do with yourselves before you were pregnant and getting catty on The Bump?

I get it, hormones are high when you're making a baby, I have them too, but aren't we all supposed to be grown adults here?

Feel free to prove my point with your ridiculous time-wasting GIFs under this post. I'll be deleting my account so I can find another group of women that actually support each other during one of the most important times of our lives.

This is like one step away from wishing us all miscarriages.

F'uck you. Go enjoy your perfect f'ucking pregnancy, with your perfectly f'ucking boring life somewhere else. Seriously. You are not welcome here.

• If you're SO embarrassed then leave!! No one is making you stay.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• EmJ&BEmJ&B member

Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• imagecarriet2018:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imagetaylormarie923:

Me neither. WTF?

all because Huntjul doesn't have a bump! I can't wait to find out tomorrow if she has one yet!!!

She still doesn't have a bump?! I missed last HDBD. I thought I was the last one to look KU. Mine's in full force now..... 

• To be 100% honest, I'm not perfectly convinced the 'hot mama' post wasn't MUD (made up drama). In which case, that would have made you 'genuinely happy' for someone who wasn't even real to begin with. I'm sorry if the entertainment value is lost on you. I think this place is fun and funny, and can be informative and supportive as well. Good luck to you.

• imagetmccord21:
    imagecarriet2018:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imagetaylormarie923:

Me neither. WTF?

all because Huntjul doesn't have a bump! I can't wait to find out tomorrow if she has one yet!!!

She still doesn't have a bump?! I missed last HDBD. I thought I was the last one to look KU. Mine's in full force now..... 

She and MsLauraPants are both still teeeeny!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Wow this is the first GBCB in ages!!!! Time for a sense of humor girlie.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imagedanimcbroom:

Really?

This is like one step away from wishing us all miscarriages.

F'uck you. Go enjoy your perfect f'ucking pregnancy, with your perfectly f'ucking boring life somewhere else. Seriously. You are not welcome here.

You know, I'm actually having a pretty freaking awesome pregnancy, compared to some who have had all kinds of awful symptoms, but you don't see me posting a 'la di da, look at me and what a WONDERFUL preggo I am' post, because it's just kind of sh!tty when most people are very uncomfortable, or hell even puking still or on bed rest or what have you. It's just all a matter of perspective and some people are just too self-absorbed to realize how things come across.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • imagesleepy33:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imagedanimcbroom:

You know, I'm actually having a pretty freaking awesome pregnancy, compared to some who have had all kinds of awful symptoms, but you don't see me posting a 'la di da, look at me and what a WONDERFUL preggo I am' post, because it's just kind of sh!tty when most people are very uncomfortable, or hell even puking still or on bed rest or what have you. It's just all a matter of perspective and some people are just too self-absorbed to realize how things come across.

Yup. 

• I want to be in the wolfpack!
  • imageAmjoy25:
    imagesleepy33:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imagedanimcbroom:

Yup. 

Damn, two wolfpackers having perfect pregnancies!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?! How do you two amazing ladies have time to gif AND grow babies!? 

• imagecarriet2018:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imagetaylormarie923:

Me neither. WTF?

Oh, the suspense!  Will she, or won't she??  Tune in tomorrow to see!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imagesleepy33:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imagedanimcbroom:

Yup. 

Damn, two wolfpackers having perfect pregnancies!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?! How do you two amazing ladies have time to gif AND grow babies!? 

Here's the secret kim...single stuffed Oreos. Shhh!

• Oh, my... I think my five year old has a better sense of humor than you, op!!

• My pregnancy has been awesome, October '13 rocks, and if you don't like it then no one is forcing you to be here.  Good luck to you and c'ya! 

<insert awesome funny gif>  (sorry my already poor gif'ing skills are really hindered by my work's amazingly old computer/internet systems) 

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • imageAshleighW13:
    I'm sorry but does anyone else around here take offense to the fact she is insinuating that we are causing all the problems with our pregnancies. Because all the women in this group who had miscarriages sure as hell weren't the causes of those miscarriages. And as for go walk around the block, honey I've been training to do a 5K and still got put on bed rest due to placenta problems that my doctors say sometimes happen when you have multiple pregnancies. As for posting the negative things like my back hurts and all that, isn't the whole purpose on this group to support each other, yeah we vent but that's part of a support system. And I don't know what positive posts your talking about where people mocked the poster but I haven't seen any of that, people have been pretty supportive. The only time I've seen people get mocked is when they specifically call out someone on here, because they don't agree what that person said. I don't know if you've been expecting all flowers and sunshine but welcome to the real world. It's tough. I'm glad your pregnancy is all roses, hell my first one was, but your pregnancy doesn't dictate everyone elses

• imageAmjoy25:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imageAmjoy25:
    imagesleepy33:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    imagedanimcbroom:

Yup. 

I... I... I just don't think I can do it! Can we at least compromise at double stuffed? 

• Where the heck did this come from? Clearly, I have been gone all day. 

OP, maybe YOU should go for a walk, instead of lurking ;) 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kim...LOL.

• imagedh13:

imageAmjoy25:
    Here's the secret kim...single stuffed Oreos. Shhh!&nbsp;

image&nbsp;

Single?! Please! That's just gross.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• imagedh13:

imageAmjoy25:

• imagedh13:

imageAmjoy25:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"