introducing bottle

when did you introduce a bottle?

Did you give it in any special way?

How did you know how much to give them?

Thanks ladies 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: introducing bottle

• Options
    WE did it at 3 weeks as from what I read that seemed like the "sweet spot" between established Bfing and too early to reject.  I will preference by we were and still are using a nipple shield so it was an easier transition.  I used kellymom calculator to determine how much to offer but standard rule is an ounce an hour.  So if your LO goes 2 hours between feedings try 2 ounces.
  • Options

when did you introduce a bottle? 3.5 weeks

Did you give it in any special way? DH gave it to him and I stood away from them so he couldn't see me.

How did you know how much to give them? 4 oz

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemlandwehr:

when did you introduce a bottle? we started around 3.5 weeks introducing it once every few days he started getting daily bottles at around 7 weeks right before I went back to work.

Did you give it in any special way? Warmed up, he prefers to face out with his back against my husband's chest.

How did you know how much to give them? Kellymom suggests 1 ounce/hr. I think his first bottle I gave him 2 oz he now eats 3 to 3.5.

Thanks ladies 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagemlandwehr:
    when did you introduce a bottle? 4 weeks

Did you give it in any special way? My husband did it while I went in the bedroom to pump. Make sure the milk is nice and warm and just have a good attitude.

How did you know how much to give them? I just guessed 3, because he usually went 3 hours between feedings, but he very quickly went up to 4 oz, and we could tell bc he still wanted to eat.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"