February 2013 Moms

Tell it to me straight

How bad was the cold-turkey, no more swaddling at night sleeping? I need to do this since my lo has started rolling.
imageimageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell it to me straight

• We stopped swaddling a while ago and for us it wasn't to bad! Baby G is now 4 m we stopped at 3.5 m. She already rolls over a ton. When she is putting herself to sleep at night we put the boppy in the crib at her feet to keep her from rolling. Then when we go to bed we take it out so nothing bad will happen. Another thing that helped her was when she sucks on her soothie we give her a little blanket minnie mouse (her softy) to keep her hands busy. Then she isn't constantly taking her soothie out. We also take that away once she has fallen asleep (before we go to bed). So nothing is in her crib with her. Good luck..Hope you find something that works for you!
  • imagepnwlover:
    We stopped swaddling a while ago and for us it wasn't to bad! Baby G is now 4 m we stopped at 3.5 m. She already rolls over a ton. When she is putting herself to sleep at night we put the boppy in the crib at her feet to keep her from rolling. Then when we go to bed we take it out so nothing bad will happen. Another thing that helped her was when she sucks on her soothie we give her a little blanket minnie mouse (her softy) to keep her hands busy. Then she isn't constantly taking her soothie out. We also take that away once she has fallen asleep (before we go to bed). So nothing is in her crib with her. Good luck..Hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks! Does she roll over in her sleep and sleep on her tummy at all?

imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't done cold-turkey swaddling because my kids haven't liked being swaddled all that much, but I have done other cold-turkey sleep stuff, and it usually takes about 2-3 nights for them to adjust and then things are fine. I don't know if swaddling is any different. Good luck!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• We stopped at 10 weeks because he was getting the blanket wrapped around himself from wiggling around. Cold turkey, no issues. We just followed the cues that it was time to stop. No sleepsac either.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure I don't have a "real" baby because he never cries and adapts to ANY environment, so for us it was easy peasy. I also kind of have the attitude of its only as awful as you make it out to be. We didn't make a big deal out of it, just stopped and he had maybe two nights of "restless" sleep. Like I said though, I have a very easy baby.
  • Yes, but it is hit or miss if she wake herself up after doing it! The first couple time she did it is scared her but now she is used to it.
  • We stopped swaddling around 2 months old when LO started rolling from tummy to back and started rolling from back onto his side. It went really well, didn't bother his sleeping at all. We only swaddled at night, not naps, and we went to using a sleep sack. He's now rolling both ways and ends up on his tummy most nights.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It wasn't bad for us.  We tried a couple of times that were "failures", meaning that she woke up often.  She started to bust her arms out a couple nights in a row so we stopped again... and never looked back!  I think it was good for us to wait until she was "ready"  :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am no  help as my 4 month old is still swaddled in the miracle blanket sleeping and napping between 2 rice socks in the arms reach co-sleeper by my bed. She sometimes naps the same way in her crib. I dread having to unswaddle and would ideally like to wait until she can easily roll back to front and front to back....right now she can only roll back to front and then gets mad. The miracle blanket and rice socks keep her in place for now :)

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"