Baby Names

Baby girl

Honest opinions wanted...

We recently found out we are having a girl and have a list of a few names that we cannot decide between:

Nora

Delaney

Clair

Peyton

Samantha

We have a one year old son named Parker Owen K.  Also, any middle name suggestions for any of these names?

Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby girl

• I think Nora and Samantha are both nice. The spelling of Clair is throwing me off a bit ? unless there's a family reason for that, I'd go with Claire or Clare.

Peyton and Parker is way too cutesy for me.

• If you used Peyton with Parker I would automatically assume you had 2 boys. Nora, Claire and Samantha are my favorites. For middle names I would try to find a family name that you like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Nora and Delaney. I'd add an e to Clair. I think Payton and Parker is a little too matchy matchy for me. Samantha is a nice classic name that is underused IMO.

MN options:

For Nora: Rose, Diane, Elaine, Eleanor, Faith, Frances, Helen, Jane, June, Elizabeth, Pauline, Phoebe, Suzanne, Therese, Vivian

For Delaney: Alice, Christine, Jean, Maeve, Quinn, Reese

For Claire: Elizabeth, Elaine/Elena, Francesca

For Samantha: Brynn, Claire, Eve, Faith, Lee/Leigh, Pauline, Wren

• imageplunderb:

I think Nora and Samantha are both nice. The spelling of Clair is throwing me off a bit ? unless there's a family reason for that, I'd go with Claire or Clare.

All of this. I think Claire is lovely. Clair is just funny looking.

Double Ditto on Peyton and Parker. Way too cutesy and trendy. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love the name Claire (this spelling...)! And I think that it would pair nicely with your DS's name. WDYT of Claire Savannah?

eta: Nora is a beautiful name, too. I just prefer Claire in the sibset.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• I did mean Claire.  Sorry, didn't proof-read very well.  Clair does look odd.
  • Samantha and Claire are my favorites.

• imagecaki1983:

Nora -- like it! Unusual yet traditional and feminine.

Delaney -- eh, don't love it.

Clair -- like it! It's prettier than Nora, but less strong.  Better spelled with an e at the end.

Peyton -- this name seems uppity to me.

Samantha -- this name was on my DH's short list for our kids, but I actually like it less than either Nora or Claire.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I love Nora and Claire, with the e not without. As a Samantha, I am very partial to the name. I absolutely love my name and it's versatility, you can be Sam, Sammy or Samantha and I go by all names with different people.
  • Nora is my favorite of that list.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really like Samantha.  It's one of my all time favorite girl's names, but sadly it does not work with my married LN, so that would be my pick.

Samantha Clair(e)?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imagecaki1983:

Honest opinions wanted...

We recently found out we are having a girl and have a list of a few names that we cannot decide between:

Nora

Delaney

Clair

Peyton

Samantha

We have a one year old son named Parker Owen K.  Also, any middle name suggestions for any of these names?

Thanks in advance!

I like Claire, Peyton, Samantha. Delaney is just ok...I really dislike Nora.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• my vote is nora. not a fan of delaney or peyton. claire and samantha are okay, i just like nora better. 
  • imageplunderb:

I think Nora and Samantha are both nice. The spelling of Clair is throwing me off a bit ? unless there's a family reason for that, I'd go with Claire or Clare.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would 100% throw Peyton out. It is too unisex and matchy with Parker. Parker & Peyton... gag.

Of the other four I like Claire the best.... spelled with the e on the end :) I don't know what the last name is but if it starts with a hard K sound like Kent then I would probably not do Claire. While Claire Knightly sounds nice, Claire King sounds odd.

Delaney, Samantha, and  Nora are all nice. You can't really go wrong here. Delaney always strikes me as a bit made up sounding but it goes well with Parker and I think it is a good name. 

Pick a middle name with some meaning to you. 

• I like Claire and Nora the best from your list.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Samantha is my favorite.
  • ZimgerZimger member

Since you already have Parker (love btw) I would go with a more feminine girl name so people don't confuse your girl with a boy.

I like Nora and Claire (I prefer this spelling).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"