May 2013 Moms

A glass of wine

So I had a wonderful glass of wine. I know I'm suppose to wait atleast two hours before pumping for my son. But when I pump, is there a certain amount I'm suppose to pump dump before I feed him again.

Re: A glass of wine

• Alcohol metabolizes out of your milk at the same rate as your bloodstream. So unless you are feeling buzzed, there is no need to pump and dump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know this sounds terrible. But I actually start my beer while I'm feeding her. The alcohol isn't in that cycle of milk and will be out of my system when she eats again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMoosemonkey:
    I know this sounds terrible. But I actually start my beer while I'm feeding her. The alcohol isn't in that cycle of milk and will be out of my system when she eats again.

this is what I do, I start my glass of wine when he is halfway through nursing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My pedi said no need to pump and dump. As long as its only a glass or so.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebhjones1980:

imageMoosemonkey:
    I know this sounds terrible. But I actually start my beer while I'm feeding her. The alcohol isn't in that cycle of milk and will be out of my system when she eats again.

this is what I do, I start my glass of wine when he is halfway through nursing. 

Me too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In addition to what the PPs have said, my lactation consultant suggested diluting alcohol affected milk with non affected milk, rather than dumping anything. I thought this was good advice if you're uncomfortable nursing after a drink.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMoosemonkey:
    This is exactly what I do.
  • imageBeesMomma00:
    imageMoosemonkey:
    This is exactly what I do.

You girls are brilliant!  Doing this tonight!!  I miss my Moscato. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"