April 2013 Moms

Vitamin D Drops

My Pedi recommended we start using Vitamin D drops because Vitamin D does not fully transfer in breastmilk.  She recommended D Vi Sol by Enfamil.  I have read a lot of reviews negatively reviewing this product, and all of the additives and preservatives in it.  Just wondering which drops you chose to use?  I'm not finding a lot of alternatives, but I might not be looking in the right places.  TIA! 

ETA I'm also interested in knowing if you do use D Vi Sol, and find them perfectly fine for your LO. 

Re: Vitamin D Drops

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That is what we use..... Truth be told I never looked at the reviews (BAD mom!).....

Also truth be told I am horrible at remembering to give them to DD.....Going to go do that now!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Loading the player...
  • We use Carlsons I ordered them from amazon. Honestly, I only switched because it was a PIA to get LO to swallow the 1mL of DiViSol as its thick and she hated the taste and we're EBF so couldn't put it in a bottle. Carlsons is just one drop a day, and it can be put on the breast or a paci, and has no flavor. Much easier than the DiViSol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been using the Enfamil. I got some free samples. Not sure if we will stick with them. She really doesn't like them. It's hard to get the whole dose down.
    Also very bad about remembering to give them to her...
  • imageCoffeeMonster19:
    I bougt D Drops from amazon to give Anna because the Enfamil ones are so thick that she has trouble swallowing it.wta: I used poly vi sol with James and they were fine.nbsp;

We use D Drops as well. I'm not sure if they're a Canadian brand though. Maybe not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • evertzevertz member
    We use Tri Vi Sol (basically the same as D Vi Sol just a couple more vitamins).. at first LO hated it but after a week or so he started to love it! Now if he's fussy when we give him his vitamins he calms right down and swallows them just fine. We just give him a little bit at a time until he swallows it all. He's usually a happy baby with them. It seemed to be an acquired taste though as it took him a while to start liking them. Also they STAIN really badly. All of our burp cloths have little red splotches on them from wiping his mouth after giving him the vitamins. Be careful not to get them on LO's clothes.
  • none5none5 member
    We use D Vi Sol. I never read the reviews. Oops. She actually seems to like it. It's hard to fill the dropper all the way. That is my only complaint. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCoffeeMonster19:

I bougt D Drops from amazon to give Anna because the Enfamil ones are so thick that she has trouble swallowing it.

wta: I used poly vi sol with James and they were fine. 

This. The pedi said to put them in a bottle and give them to her that way, but every time we do this she throws up 5-10 minutes after finishing the bottle.

• Carlsons. Got them on amazon. No taste. All natural. One drop. I mix it with his probiotic. The tri vi sol made my ds1 gag and spit up. They stain. And who needs artificial colors in their newborn?
  • I take 5000 IUs of vitamin D most days and 10,000 a couple days a week. My chiro said that is enough to get through to LO.

• Thanks for the responses!  I think I am going to go try Carlon's, they seem to be much better for LO and people recommend them much for than Enfamil's.  Thanks!
  • We use the D Vi Sol -- I put them in a bottle of breastmilk. I"ve never read anything bad about them and he takes 'em just fine. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We use the Carlson and are happy
  • imageDebbie0580:
    imageCoffeeMonster19:
    I bougt D Drops from amazon to give Anna because the Enfamil ones are so thick that she has trouble swallowing it.wta: I used poly vi sol with James and they were fine.nbsp;

We use D Drops as well. I'm not sure if they're a Canadian brand though. Maybe not.

We also use D Drops. We live in Canada also so not sure if they're only available here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My pedi has never recommended any vitamin D supplements. I've nursed 3 kids now without giving any. I think that even though there's less vitamin D in breastmilk, it's more bioavailable so baby is likely getting the same amount.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • we use the tri-vi sol and haven't had any troubles. We put it in a spare nipple so she can suck it down instead of trying to get her to swallow from a dropper.  We have never had a problem doing it that way.  Our pedi says she needs them for a year, that formula doesn't have enough either.  we eff.  I am also not that great about remembering every day.  I figure some is better than none.

• Carlson's here, they're great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"