Parenting after a Loss

~*~ Infant Check-in ~*~

Hello, ladies! I am definitely going to need someone to assume this check-in. Not only is DD nearing her first birthday, I'm also just SWAMPED with life.

Any challenges this week? Milestones? Funny stories?

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~*~ Infant Check-in ~*~

• Challenges this week have been NAPS. DD is straight refusing to take them. She'll even stop crying and entertain herself in her crib, but she won't go to sleep. She doesn't want rocked or nursed or anything, either. She just doesn't want to go to sleep even though she desperately needs to.

But, nighttime sleep is getting SO much better. We've been putting her down an hour earlier than we were, and for the past three nights there have been NO tears. I've laid her down awake and she's put herself to sleep. It's been MAGIC. She's still waking at night, but I can deal. One thing at a time.

DD has started to lean forward in the bath and drink her bath water. She's crazy.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No Jackson milestones just finding out we have another one on the way. And me now giving Jackson even more time. DH said oh I thought you spoiled Jackson before, I'm sure it will be more now. Jackson is much more alert and loving his schedule. If I alter it any bit he lets me know.

I hope E starts sleeping better for you!

I would take over for you but I'm interested to see how my first trimester will go?

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Challenges: L had her 6 month shots on Friday and was feverish/fussy all weekend - we went from one wake-up at night to every 2 hours.  She's almost back to her normal, cheerful self tonight.

Milestones: We finally found a pur?e L will eat without gagging - green beans!  Since she started solids 2 weeks ago, we've tried sweet potatoes, bananas, and pears and she didn't seem to like any of them.  I'm excited to have found something she'll eat! 

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Challenges: DS being sick and then getting sick myself.  Fevers are so scary and having to hold B down while he got an exam, strep test and was given medicine broke my heart.  The full story is in my post above!

Milestones: DS is still very content army crawling and is now getting around the entire house that way very quickly.  He has also moved up to finger foods and loves feeding himself. 

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Ashton is 8 mo old today....where the heck has the time gone?  Challenges, nothing really.  Ashton is a great eater and sleeper.  We are working on sitting unassisted.  Although he is 8 mo, he was 2 mo early, so not really surprising that he isn't sitting yet.  He is working on cutting his first teeth.  He has defintely mastered rolling over and he rolls and pivots on his tummy all over the place.  He is fascinated by his big brother and our dog.  He watches them like a hawk.  Bath time is becoming hilarious as he splashes like crazy and giggles his butt off.

Glad to be back, it has been forever and I hope I will be able to find some time each day to check in with this board. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi!

Challenges: Continues to be bedtime. He goes down fine and sleeps for 2-3 hours or so but then is up evey 2 hours and will not go back down in his crib. I've started taking him to bed with me at that point because I'm so desperate for sleep. I don't want him in my bed- I can't sleep well- but I'm so exhausted. I tried last night for 1.5 hours to put him back down in his crib. He would be sleeping in my arms and I lay him down and he's awake. He would be awake and I would lay him down and he would instantly start to cry. I'm so frustrated.

Naps are no better. Unless I lay in bed with him, he will not sleep for more than 20 minutes on his own. This child of mine does not enjoy sleeping. I go back to work in 2.5 months and I need sleep!

I really don't want to CIO, but I think that might be the next step. I really don't wan to. I know that it's fine for them, I just can't do it. But I need sleep. And I would prefer to get some now already!

Challenge #2: Weaning from BF. I'm also done with BF. I loved it, but I'm done. I'm stopped BF him during the day, but then he doesn't take his bottle and will just eat solids. Then I worry about dehydration so I nurse him and then he's happy as a clam again. He knows!!

Milestones: Walking on furniture, starting to "talk" more, and entertain himself.

Sorry- got longer than I thought. I am just so beyond frustrated with sleeping I just don't know what to do. My mom keeps telling me it will get better but I honestly don't think it will. It's been 8 months of crappy sleeping. Why would it magically get better now?

• Challenges - i think she might be starting to teethe a bit... shes been just a little cranky and shes not usually like that... shes chewing on my hands and hers lol... she chews on the bottle nipple and pacifier also...  shes waking more often and earlier so i think we are in a bit of a sleep regression right now... but nothing horrible.

Milestones - shes focusing more, she doesnt play with toys but on her little taggies monkey she knows to grab the arms and head to feel the taggies... and she was playing with my hand last night and found my wedding band and then kept going back to the same spot over and over.

Funny stories -  shes a hipster

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• DD is 10 weeks. Biggest challenges are trying to break the co sleeping habit, and getting her more used to bottle feeding,sine I return to work on Monday. She is getting better at lying quietly in her crib for up to 30 mins, but will not fall asleep in it. As far as bottle feeding goes, she will drink bottles but still constantly reaches for my boobs.

Milestones include her laughing, which is a beautiful sound.

Funny story my neighbor who is about 21 and dying to baby sit K asked me today if she's walking or eating solids yet LOL. She's definitely not watching my daughter.

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

AL Always Welcome

•  Challenges: trying to get my 3 year old to stop bopping my 5 month old on the head; getting her to nurse without distraction and fussiness. 

Milestones: she finally rolled onto her belly! At least I hope she did.  I found her on her stomach in the crib this morning and hope she can now roll over on her play mat.  She's been trying for so long!

Funny: well, it's not as funny anymore but she blows raspberries all the time.  I had her in the Moby at the food store yesterday and she kept spraying for like 15 mins. I couldn't get her to stop and the Moby was soaked. 

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Challenges: Blessed to say, none this week! 

Milestones: B is going to be 4 months old on Thursday, and is just growing like a weed! He almost always wants to be sitting up, and if we try and put him in his boppy, he does these adorable little baby crunches trying to sit up- and has actually been able to do it a few times. He is *this* close to rolling over from back to belly. He gets like 3/4 of the way there and stops, lol!

Funny Stories: Nothing specific, but he has recently started exploring some very high decibel levels, and is routinely shrieking when he laughs and even just in general when he is happy. Also, DH can make him laugh SO much more than I can and I absolutely love to hear and see them interact! 

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Update: DS is five and a half months! Wow...time goeS by so quickly. Sleeping has improved dramatically! If you remember son was waking after every hour or hour and a half. I started doing a modified Ferber approach for bed and naps. I mainly wanted him to put himself down as I think that was the problem for him...falling asleep in my arms and then waking up in a different place. He is still up 12 times a night between 7 to 7 but he legit needs to eat so I'm fine with it. I feel like a million bucks now that I'm sleeping.

Challenges: I am having issues with going back to work in september. There is so much to think about and many pros and cons. I honestly don't think DH is 100 percent on board with me staying home either.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • This is my first check in! DS is two weeks old. The biggest challenge is really me learning how to diaper without getting peed and pooped on. Sadly, I have not yet mastered the skill, even though I try to lay a wet wipe over him right when I open the diaper. So I guess that is my funny story too. I look so pathetic and take forever to change his diapers. You'd thin I'd have a better handle with it by two weeks. I'd rather change 10 of DD's diapers than one of his! 

I noticed he is not asleep as often as of yesterday so it now moves to another learning experience balancing an awake newborn with a toddler. Life goes on.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"