May 2013 Moms

Vitamin D which brand?

I asked my health visitor about giving my 3 week old a vitamin d supplement and she said it wasn't necessary.

I have done my own research and personally for where we live in the UK it makes sense for her to have the supplement so I wondered which brand your paediatricians suggested you use?

Alternatively was anyone else told they weren't necessary?

TIA

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Vitamin D which brand?

• imagesct728:
    We were tokd Enfamil ViDiSol/quote]
    Same SIL is a pharmacist and said this is the one we should use
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've dont have experience with it yet, but I've heard great things about Carlsons. They say it's easy to give to baby. You can probably order it online.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Our pedi never mentioned it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've been using the Enfamil brand, but honestly it's because that's the only brand that the pharmacy had at the time. Our pediatrician didn't seem to care which brand we chose, and we won't be using it after this bottle anyway because she's getting more formula than breast milk now. 
  • I have been using the drops from enfamil. I live in a place that doesn't have enough sun therefore not enough vitamin D according the the nurse that discharged us from the hospital. So both me and baby are on vitamin D supplements now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use carlsons
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelinegirl313:
    Our pedi recommended the Enfamil one as well. That's what we've been doing.

Same
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our pedi recommends the Emfamil one but we go a step further and use the Polyvisol which has multiple vitamins in it. Mix it with a bottle though because it has an awful taste. DD1 never noticed it when I'd use expressed milk in a bottle.
  • Thanks for all the replies, that's great.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imagebhjones1980:
    We use carlsons

Us too! 

• kmcd23kmcd23 member

Just got back from our new pedi, and I asked about PolyViSol vs. Carlson's. The Navy doc gave us an Rx for PolyViSol, but I ordered Carlson's from Amazon.

Pedi said they prefer Carlson's because most babies don't need the extra stuff in the PolyViSol, and the Carlson's is much easier to administer.  

• Carlson's Vitamin D only. They don't need any of the other things.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevirginiagirl11:
    Carlson's Vitamin D only. They don't need any of the other things.

This!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"