Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you EBF but leave your LO with pumped milk ....

If you EBF but leave your LO with pumped milk from time to time (say to go to an appointment or to go for dinner with DH, etc.).... how many ounces do you leave and how old is your LO?

I hate (despise) pumping so I try not to do it unless I have to but when I leave DD with my MIL I obviously need to leave milk.  She's 5 months and I've been leaving 4 ounces but I'm wondering if that's not enough.

Please share what you do so I can get a better idea :)  Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you EBF but leave your LO with pumped milk ....

• I leave 4-4 1/2 oz. I did a weighted feeding at his last appt and he ate almost  5 oz. But when I would leave five he never finished the bottle. I recommend doing a weighted feeding to get a better idea
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 3-4oz.  DS is 3.5 months and is on the small side.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Depends on how long I'll be gone. If it's more than an hour I like to leave more than enough just in case. Usually a solid 12 to be safe. I know it's a lot, but I don't want to get stuck somewhere or tied up and not have enough left more my LO.

That's aside from my stashed milk for my job prospects.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member

I work, and I leave one 4 oz bottle per 3 hours gone, plus one extra.

He went through a brief stint of drinking more like 4.5 oz, but then was routinely leaving extra so we went back down.

My DS is 5 months and ~18 lbs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS eats 4-4.5oz bottles every 2-3 hours.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS2 is in daycare from 8:30am - 5:30pm.  He's 4.5 months and we leave 3 bottles with 5 ounces each.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• My LO is almost 4 months and I leave at least 5oz in the fridge at home, and 10oz if we are away from home.  He usually eats 4-5oz when I am gone.  I like leaving just a little extra in case I don't make it back in time or if he is extra-hungry for some reason.

• BBS!BBS! member
    My baby is 4 months and eats 5 ounces every 2 hours! It's insane and I exclusively pump and he refuses formula. We're are out of the freezer stash and I can't physically keep up with his demand!
  • i leave 4 oz for every 2 1/2 hours i will be gone...but i have a back up freezer stash just in case he goes over that amount.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • JJ_13JJ_13 member

I am away from LO for 10 hours (8 to 6) and leave 3, 4 oz bottles. I wish she would take more, but she is addicted to me (which means she gets half of her nutrition at night... ugh).

She is almost 6 months old and weighs about 18 lbs.

• Between 4-5 ozs.

I send 2 5oz and 1 4 oz bottle to daycare.  I don't pump enough!  I think it's just a growth spurt and she'll go back to closer to 4 oz bottles soon. 

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With my first she always took 4 oz from 2 weeks till I got rid of them at 15 months.

My 2nd DD doesn't really take a bottle....:( 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My little porker eats 6oz bottles when I'm gone. He is 4 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"