Babies: 0 - 3 Months

RnP Question

I have a two week old. At night, I put him in the RnP next to our bed, but I'm curious how others dress or swaddle their LOs to keep them warm. Our house is drafty at night and can get chilly.

How do you dress little one in the RnP at night? Do you swaddle? If so, what do you do about the straps that go between their legs?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RnP Question

• I would like to know this as well
  • I never strapped her into the RNP. There is no way she was going anywhere. We swaddled with the halo sacks.

• Loading the player...
  • We just loosened the straps and put the strap over her swaddled. She loved it
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We don't swaddle cause DD likes to squirm and has broken out of a swaddle from day 1. She sleeps in long sleeve, footed sleep and plays.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our house is pretty warm and we have a fan going in our room so she is in a sleeper and I swaddle her. I just move the straps to the sides. 

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
  • My LO is 5 weeks today and I dress her in footed pj's and lightly wrap her in her blanket and set her in the R and P. She hates being swaddled.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is now 11 weeks and she slept in the RnP for 5 weeks. We put her in a sleeper and then swaddled her. We did not use the straps, theres no way they can get out of there. 
  • My LO doesn't sleep in the RNP anymore, but when he did I put him in those sleep gowns and socks. I didn't strap him in. He hated to be swaddled, so I would tuck his blanket under neath him, I guess under his armpits so his arms were out
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our house can be cool as well and LO likes to be swaddled so we do a cotton footed sleeper with a Halo sleep sack and keep the straps off to the side, she is 2 weeks old so she isn't going anywhere :)
    Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• Footed sleepers. No straps. Same as above :
  • imagebeaubecca:
    We dont use the straps. The RNP is secure.

This
  • Depending on how warm it is in the house, either a onesie or a sleeper, and a sleep sack/Swaddle. We have never used the straps... I imagine by the time she's big enough to climb out, she will be too big for the RnP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejaime52005:
    imagebeaubecca:
    We dont use the straps. The RNP is secure.

This

Same here
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We swaddle and don't use the straps.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagejacqueandadam:
    We swaddle and don't use the straps.

This.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Seems I am I the minority here, but we used the straps....he just slept in a footed sleeper.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"