March 2013 Moms

Why Must People Say Such Stupid Things

I have had about ENOUGH of people telling me "You sleep when the baby sleeps!" when I mention that I am tired because I have slept for 3 hours in 2 days.

NO. I don't. It is called Work. Grocery Shopping. Laundry. College. Cleaning. Pets. Showering. Oh and did I mention by the time I get even 10% of the way done with that the baby is AWAKE AGAIN. Ah ha! Wow! Amazing!

Seriously I mean do people just think my apartment magically stays clean, I am on Dean's List at UCF, I work 2 nights a week and all my other crap gets done because I sleep when the baby sleeps?! Seriously. Stupid. 

Rant over. 

Re: Why Must People Say Such Stupid Things

• I understand your frustration. It is very hard to find the balance. My LO is a mystery, sometimes naps are only 2030 minutes and yet other times they are 1 hour plus. But I usually have a long list of things to accomplish as well. Plus its not worth the aggrevation of falling asleep to wake up 10 minutes later. Sometimes though you do have to leave a few dishes in the sink and some wash undone and take care of yourself. Is there any time someone else can relieve you so you could nap? It will get better.
  • it will get better.  i also completely agree with you.  everyone kept telling me the same thing- sleep when the baby sleeps.  well, that's just not practical for me similar to the reasons you listed above.  just know, it will get better.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I absolutely HATE that advice as well. It just doesn't work like that in the daytime. Household tasks must get done before the house turns into a pig sty. I would also like to eat with both hands free. I would also like to sip a cup of hot a$$ coffee in the morning when I put him back down. YES! A cup of hot coffee. It's the little things. I would also like to wash my arse if I can get a moment. And sometimes you just want (or need) some awake time to yourself. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn your post into my own personal vent. :-/ 

• If I napped my day would be ruined, seriously. Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemakeene:

I have had about ENOUGH of people telling me "You sleep when the baby sleeps!" when I mention that I am tired because I have slept for 3 hours in 2 days.

If you're don't want advice, stop complaining that you're tired.  What do you expect people to say to you? 

Rude.
  • imagetashadee75:

I absolutely HATE that advice as well. It just doesn't work like that in the daytime. Household tasks must get done before the house turns into a pig sty. I would also like to eat with both hands free. I would also like to sip a cup of hot a$$ coffee in the morning when I put him back down. YES! A cup of hot coffee. It's the little things. I would also like to wash my arse if I can get a moment. And sometimes you just want (or need) some awake time to yourself. 

All of this!  Especially the hot coffee part. 

• imageBliss+Berry:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemakeene:

If you're don't want advice, stop complaining that you're tired.  What do you expect people to say to you? 

Rude.

How am I being rude?  Please explain.  I simply pointed out that OP is the one mentioning being tired to others.  When she brings it up, what does she expect them to say?  It's not like people are giving her unsolicited advice.  She's complaining about being tired!   

The number one thing people inquire about with new babies is sleep. Is the baby sleeping well? Are you getting any sleep? How do you know she is going around complaining about being tired? I'm sure like the rest of us, she is being asked.
  • imagellarkinburns:
    imagetashadee75:

I absolutely HATE that advice as well. It just doesn't work like that in the daytime. Household tasks must get done before the house turns into a pig sty. I would also like to eat with both hands free. I would also like to sip a cup of hot a$$ coffee in the morning when I put him back down. YES! A cup of hot coffee. It's the little things. I would also like to wash my arse if I can get a moment. And sometimes you just want (or need) some awake time to yourself. 

All of this!  Especially the hot coffee part. 

I agree! I microwave my coffee like five times every day. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemakeene:

Rude.

How am I being rude?  Please explain.  I simply pointed out that OP is the one mentioning being tired to others.  When she brings it up, what does she expect them to say?  It's not like people are giving her unsolicited advice.  She's complaining about being tired!   

Even if she does mention being tired it could be because people just ask how she is and as long as she isn't ASKING for advice, yeah, it IS unsolicited. Why do you assume that shes complaining?I think you read too much into that post. It's not like she said she was having a full blown conversation about her lack of sleep and that was people's response.

OP, people and their advice suck if you weren't asking for it. It can be so frustrating!
  • Those are people who had good baby nappers.  They think babies just sleep 2-3 hours at a time during the day. OR babies who reverse cycled.

My LO has started a serious nap strike.  Doing the 30 minute cat nap over and over and over again.....SUPER EXCITING. So I get 30 minutes at a time t oget ish done, NOT too nap.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    If I napped my day would be ruined, seriously. Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol.

Ha!! I say that all the time!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageegb+jaf:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemakeene:

Rude.

Even if she does mention being tired it could be because people just ask how she is and as long as she isn't ASKING for advice, yeah, it IS unsolicited. Why do you assume that shes complaining?I think you read too much into that post. It's not like she said she was having a full blown conversation about her lack of sleep and that was people's response. OP, people and their advice suck if you weren't asking for it. It can be so frustrating!

Most of the time it is people asking me. In situations like, "wow you look tired" um duh. or "are you getting any sleep at night" etc etc. I'm just frustrated because sleeping when the baby sleeps is not practical. 

• My LO barely naps, so sure, I sleep when he sleeps..... at night lol
  • tig594tig594 member
    imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagemakeene:

Rude.

No offense and I'm sure I'll get flamed and I don't really care, but I've thought the same thing when I've read replies posted by this person. 

OP, I agree.  Somehow, my clothes need cleaning, I need cleaning, the house needs cleaning, the dogs need cleaning (it's been a long winter!) and the yard needs cleani...erm...mowed. I also need a minute of quiet time. Not that I'm complaining.  My DD is awesome and I wouldn't trade her for a week of uninterrupted sleep.  But damn that sounds tempting. 

• imagetashadee75:

THIS EXACTLY! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"