March 2013 Moms

Body image issues.....

Anyone else having body image issues. I know it takes time to get the weight off but I just feel like my exercising is going no where. The scale has not budged at all. I just want to fit in my jeans...even my fat jeans..lol. I have had to go to a bunch of functions/parties and going dress shopping for these events has been a real confidence buster . Anyone else feeling the same way or have tips on how to get out of this funk?

image [IMG] 

Re: Body image issues.....

• I am right there with you. The summer is right around the corner and I don't know what to do about a bathing suit. I haven't wore a one piece in years!!!! I have weddings every month from now until November and I don't look good in any of my dresses and I still can't get my jeans past my upper thighs. I am trying to exercise and eat good but it's hard. I am having trouble finding the motivation. I am the first of my friends to have a baby ad they are all super skinny. Your not alone!
    Jenny DiLo
  • Well im glad im not alone. I haven't even been NEAR the bathing suit area in ANY store. If I do I know ill burst into tears.

image [IMG] 

• Loading the player...
  • Most everyone I encounter says "you just had a baby?! You look great!" But I don't feel it. I can wear my jeans but there is quite the muffin top happening. I can't stand it.
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    Most everyone I encounter says "you just had a baby?! You look great!" But I don't feel it. I can wear my jeans but there is quite the muffin top happening. I can't stand it.

This!

We are going on vacation in 3 weeks and I am dreading going swimsuit shopping. Nothing on my body is in the same place, even my fat clothes don't fit right. I will say it was a nice excuse to go shopping before going back to work, but shopping is a whole different experience now. Ugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    Most everyone I encounter says "you just had a baby?! You look great!" But I don't feel it. I can wear my jeans but there is quite the muffin top happening. I can't stand it.

This. I'm 4 pounds from my pre preg weight, but I just feel like a saggy mess!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• I know exactly how you feel, but I think I have found my solution. I've been doing beginners pilates videos for the past month and I swear that, even though the scale isn't moving much, I am getting smaller. My clothes are fitting better and better every week and I'm just feeling tighter. It's awesome and the workouts are fairly simple. I definitely recommend finding some videos and trying it out. My favorite right now is Denise Austin's Hit the Spot Pilates. It's done in 15 minute increments so it's easy to squeeze a work out in when you are pressed for time

image image
  • Yes, big time. I'm in recovery from an eating disorder, and while I always though gaining weight while pregnant would be the hard part, this post baby body is much harder to deal with. I've never had a squishy tummy or a muffin top, and it just kills me sometimes. I've been steadily losing 2 lbs a week, but it feels like it's taking forever, and I still have 20 lbs to lose.

I went for a run yesterday, for the first time without the baby and stroller in almost a month, and I ran my old running route at my normal pace. It did wonders for my self esteem, to have physical evidence that while my body isn't back to normal yet, I am still capable of doing that.

Find whatever physical activity you like enough to make time for. That's the one that's going to be effective.

BabyFruit Ticker

• yes!! I gained close to 70 lbs and I still have 20 to lose. :( I can't even think about getting into a bathing suit right now. I keep seeing small changes and that keeps me going. Everytime I go to the pantry/fridge I have to ask myself I am hungry or just eating to eat. Sometimes that stops me from just snacking because I am bored or stressed. I am also trying to drink as much water as I can to help stay full. I like my water room temp so I keep a gallon on the counter. I have also heard some of the workout videos are good.
  • mnj05mnj05 member

I get the "you look great" comments too but I hide my new body very well. I'm cheating with jeans and using a bella band and not zipping or buttoning them, which means no ugly muffin top. I wear my t-shirts all the time and bought three nice shirts that look good on me and hide the saggy skin.

I'm ready for everything to tighten back up again. I've never been real thin but I would like to be where I was.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I feel the exact same way. Nothing fits, and nothing probabley will fit the same way for me again because I changed my exercise routine right before getting pregnant, and put on some muscle DURING pregnancy (probably about 5-10 lbs) and have continued to putt some on since. My body fat is down to less than 16%, but my hips are still wider and my poor BB are much smaller and I still have abdominal swelling/extra skin. I cried on my birthday because NONE of my clothes fit me right!

Definitely need to go clothes shopping

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I'm having such a hard time with this... With DD1, I gained more weight (45lbs in 36 weeks), but I worked out through my whole pregnancy.  I felt like my body bounced back more quickly, even though it took me several months to lose the last 5 lbs. 

Now, with DD2, I gained less weight (35lbs in 39 weeks), but I felt so horrible through the pregnancy that I didn't work out much.  I still have about 8lbs to lose, and between returning to work last week, 2 kids, and moving to a new house, I feel like I have no time to work out.  I'm trying to focus on my diet, and the scale is starting to move again, but I feel like my whole body is wrecked.

• I, too, am saggy and sad. I can't seem to lose those last 8-10 lbs while breastfeeding - and I'd wager even if I lost the weight, the saggy skin would still interfere with the way my clothes fit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Clearly we are all not alone in this! I haven't been thin since high school, but I was not healthy back then. I have 4 lbs left to lose of my pregnancy weight, but 25 left to get back to the weight where I felt my healthiest and I feel like nothing is moving. I am still in maternity jeans because my regular "fat" jeans don't button. I can at least fit into some of my work pants, but it is still disheartening! Also, DH made a comment just last night if my boobs were getting smaller Sad! I was never big in that area, but I'm still bf and thought they'd last until I stopped...guess I was wrong.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• I am 20lbs less than I was last year at this time and I am down 12lbs from my pre-pg weight and only 3lbs away from my wedding weight 5 years ago YET I still feel crummy! And I havent gone down a size! WTF?! I don't know how its possible to lose that much yet still be the same size....my brother is getting married in Dallas in 2 weeks and I have nothing to wear for the wedding or rehearsal dinner or all the fun activities/bar hopping he has planned. I should be super excited for the trip since this will be the first trip we have taken sans kids since our honeymoon and I'll get to sleep in for 3 whole days! Instead I'm at home bummed that I literally can't find anything to wear. DH has given me plenty of money to go buy stuff and after trying on no less than 90 tops yesterday I came home with 3 and I am debating returning those...ughhhh 

BUT to switch it back to the positive this is what I remind myself- this body, that I seem to hate so much right now, has carried 3 little lives. It has helped create and sustain 3 little hearts, 3 little brains and has given me my 3 wonderful children. Yes, my stomach looks destroyed and yes my hips are apparently never going to be smaller but my body has done something that is amazing and a miracle and something that many women wish theirs would do and cant- I shouldn't be cursing it but be thankful that I have a post-partum body because of my 3 living and healthy children. Also from my religious views this body is only temporary- in the grand scheme its just a vessel to get me to eternity and it's doing its job. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"