Trying to Get Pregnant

Urine Catcher - TMI

Believe it or not, I have never dipped a pee stick before. I always just actually pee on it. But I recently bought a bunch of Wondfo tests and will need to dip them when the time comes.

My question: What sort of container do you use? Do you buy something brand new, to be used specifically for dipping a test? Or do you find a suitable container around the house, wash it, and use that?

TIA for your help!

imageBabyFruit Ticker .
 . . Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image

Re: Urine Catcher - TMI

• I pee in the Wondfo package. It takes some practice. You could also get a pack of those little Dixie cups. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Dixie Cups work great.  Small, disposable, and cheap.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Loading the player...
  • I use a plastic solo cup. I just rinse it out and dry it each time.

image       imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Some sort of disposable cup. The last pack of tests I bought on amazon came with cups. Before that I was using solo type cups that I had. 
  • imagepantherRN:
    I pee in the Wondfo package. It takes some practice. You could also get a pack of those little Dixie cups

I can't believe I never thought of that before. I think that's what I'll do. Thank you.

imageBabyFruit Ticker .
  • krdesikrdesi member
    Dixie cups so you can throw it out after. My last batch of wondfos came with a whole bunch of little white plastic cups as well!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageHatchetFace:
    Because I'm super klassy, I pee in an old air freshener lid. It's reusable, I can put it in the dishwasher, and it's not something super obvious.

Very creative and discreet Smile

imageBabyFruit Ticker .
  • I use one of those tiny little tupperware containers that are only good for dips and dressings. I wash it in the dishwasher. 

• imagejefa621:
    I used an old measuring cup. The handle makes it impossible to accidentally pee on your hand! LOL! Just rinse with some soap and water when done. Disposable cups are good if you don't want to store something that had pee on it.  

That's actually a really good idea. Hmm...I may need to find/buy one for this. Sounded weird at first, but it's sort of brilliant. 

TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• I use an old plastic cup I got on vacation last year, then just wash it out each time. The measuring cup idea is a good one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedollymeh:
    I use a plastic solo cup. I just rinse it out and dry it each time.

ME TOO LOL!!!!! 

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagepantherRN:
    I pee in the Wondfo package. It takes some practice. You could also get a pack of those little Dixie cups. 

You must be a pee ninja. Seriously. How is that even possible without getting pee all over your hand?

Or am I just peeing challenged? It's all I can do to keep it in the dixie cup. 

married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks ladies! You guys have some really good suggestions. I definitely can do the Dixie cup; I actually have some of those now. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

I also like the old measuring cup idea.

imageBabyFruit Ticker .
  • Dixie cup. And I still sometimes pee on my hand.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • imageellewills618:
    I use an old shot glass.  Klassy gal here.

I use an espresso cup that has never been used for anything, ever, other than me peeing in it. Add me to team klassy. 

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • imagejefa621:
    I used an old measuring cup. The handle makes it impossible to accidentally pee on your hand! LOL! Just rinse with some soap and water when done. Disposable cups are good if you don't want to store something that had pee on it. nbsp;

A measuring cup is genius!
  • imagejefa621:
    I used an old measuring cup. The handle makes it impossible to accidentally pee on your hand! LOL! Just rinse with some soap and water when done. Disposable cups are good if you don't want to store something that had pee on it.  

I currently use a solo cup but this is a much better idea.

Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • imagedollymeh:

This for me, except I don't even dry it, just rinse it well under hot water and let it dry under the sink.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imageDLpanda08:

imagepantherRN:
    I pee in the Wondfo package. It takes some practice. You could also get a pack of those little Dixie cups. 

You must be a pee ninja. Seriously. How is that even possible without getting pee all over your hand?

Or am I just peeing challenged? It's all I can do to keep it in the dixie cup. 

I keep thinking about the pee being everywhere! I pee in a plastic Tupperware dish and I still get it all over me! I do love this Dixie cup thing. I will be grabbing some from Walmart for sure. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought 4 little containers from the dollar store and just wash them and use them
    TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageamandarene112:
    I use one of those tiny little tupperware containers that are only good for dips and dressings. I wash it in the dishwasher. 

Thisis exactly what I use. I wash it and store it in our bathroom so it doesn't get accidentally used in the kitchen. Lol

photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• The first month I used DH's only shot glass in the house.  He didn't like that too much and still grimaces when he uses it to make a drink.

I saw some small disposable containers at my mom's house the last time we visited and took a few of them to use.  DH is happy about that. 

• I also use a designated shot glass. 

• Dixie cups or store brand work fine. Btw that is definitely not TMI haha
  • imageCrochetLady90:
    imagejefa621:
    I used an old measuring cup. The handle makes it impossible to accidentally pee on your hand! LOL! Just rinse with some soap and water when done. Disposable cups are good if you don't want to store something that had pee on it. nbsp;

A measuring cup is genius!

I agree... Seriously a genius idea. Having a handle would be great bc while I'm getting better with the Dixie cups, I over peeing on my hand.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• imageHatchetFace:
    Because I'm super klassy, I pee in an old air freshener lid. It's reusable, I can put it in the dishwasher, and it's not something super obvious.

Hahahaha!
  • I bought a pack of disposable plastic shot glasses from Anazon. I keep one in each bathroom at home and a few in my makeup bag in my purse, and replace those as they break.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• I use the small, Target brand disposable cups. I think they're only 2 for a pack of 80.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imageamandarene112:
    I use one of those tiny little tupperware containers that are only good for dips and dressings. I wash it in the dishwasher.nbsp;

This. Except I don't wash in the dishwasher, just some soap and hot water and let it dry under the sink.
    imageFertility Friend Chart

TTC #1 since 10/12
    7/13 : DX Possible PCOS
    ---ultrasound shows clear left ovary, "polycystic appearance" on right
    ---TSH and prolactin levels : Good
    10/9/13
    : RE appointment scheduled

Anniversary
  • I use the top off a can of shaving cream--works for me. Add me to team Klassy.

ETA: Once the top was used for pee, it went nowhere near the sharing cream and I do wash the cap after each use.

Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedollymeh:

Me too! 

*********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I'm on the go, I use the measuring cup from a discarded bottle of Nyquil. I keep it in my purse so my hubby doesn't accidentally use it. At home I just use a plastic cup that I keep under the bathroom sink, so it doesn't get used as a drinking glass by mistake.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"