Working Moms

Monday Morning Vents

Anyone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Morning Vents

• LoCarbLoCarb member
    I swear either my feet grew fatter or these shoes have shrunk bc they are not comfortable and I'm regretting wearing these heels today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My disengaged coworker continues to be absent during an intense week of multiple deliverables. I have a meeting this afternoon with my boss's boss's boss about something my coworker will be staffing while I'm on leave and my coworker isn't coming in to attend the meeting because today's his work from home day.

I probably shouldn't have, but I did the math over the weekend of his effective hourly rate (because he comes in late & leaves early everyday) versus mine and effectively, he gets paid twice what I do. He's been saying ever since I got here that he feels he's management potential and how he's looking to move positions to get into the next pay grade - well, by only putting in 30 hours each week, while still taking home full salary pay, he's turned his hourly rate into the high pay grade he was looking for. That's a pretty creative way to give yourself that raise. 

And, I basically wasted my time by figuring that out, since I will look like a total a$$ if I take this to my boss. So just keeping my mouth shut. . . . 

Update 1: again, he's handling an assignment we agreed he'd take responsibility for by cutting corners, not getting proper approval, skipping important steps. Our acting boss tried to reassign it to me but I got him to correct coworker instead and get him to redo the work. 

Update 2: Coworker redid the work in completely the wrong way and acting boss is now yelling. This just vindicates all my frustrations. I'm glad some one else in my office is finally aware of the situation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jlaOKjlaOK member
    My MIL needs to stop texting me the dates that are convenient for her for me to have this baby.  I'm the one dealing with contractions, lack of sleep, a job, and my normal family life - I could really care less if my delivery date is convenient for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Took the puppy to get his 3rd set of shots Saturday at a new vet and 30min after coming home his whole face was swelling...his eyes swelled shut and everything! DH rushed him back to the vet and they gave him a steroid and benadryl shot. He was about half way better by the time they got back home.

Then later I broke out in hives all over my face and ears...it looked like i had gotten a chem peel or something....I put hydrocortisone on it and went to bed. Woke up at 230 puking and still had hives....called into work and went back to bed.

My face is better today but Im not really feeling being here today...I started a diet and that always sucks. Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • TMI, but I'm having my second postpartum period.  It's horrible - way worse than my first.  Great way to start a Monday.

After getting up at 5:30 all weekend, DD2 slept until 7:30 this morning.  I only got to see her for 15 mins before I had to leave for work.  She'll be ready for bed when I get home.  Sad

• DS was sick Thursday and Friday with a low fever, vomiting, and lots of crankiness. He spent the whole weekend tired and cranky. Then last night I came down with an awful head cold. I am limited on medicine options since I'm pregnant and I feel terrible. The exact same thing happened a few weeks ago - DS had a fever and then I got a cold - and it took me weeks to fully recover!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • I am really starting to hate my realtor. At first I liked the fact that she was a working mom too, but recently it has become clear that she is not a working mom, but rather a mom who is trying to work (i.e. does not have outside care set up for her kids!) I try to be pleasant when I speak to her but I really just want to be done with this deal and moved into my new house so I never have to speak to her again. She said that she was going to get this reply to inspections done Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday evening, then first thing Monday morning, and it STILL NOT DONE. Meanwhile she DOES have time to comment on everyone's FB posts throughout the weekend and this am. I'm not that pregnant, but I am too pregnant to put up with this $h!t.

DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• I went to the sox game yesterday and threw out my arm trying to see how fast I could pitch.  Now my shoulder REALLY hurts.  Lame I know.
  • imageLibraryChica:
    I am going on vacation, yay! But I have to transition so much active stuff to my coworker, boo. I love vacation but I hate the prep.

Vacation prep sucks! 

• I am 38 weeks pregnant today and already 3cm dilated, 70% effaced. I feel like this baby is going to fall out, but have had no symptoms of labor starting. My legs hurt, I am tired and I just want to be done and meet this little lady. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"