One & Done: Only child

OAD but ...

So I just had my first a month ago. Spouse and I weren't even sure we wanted kids at all, so we (especially him) are pretty set on being OAD. 

BUT I'm having a problem. I had an easy pregnancy and didn't mind it at all. I had nothing really to complain about and I strangely miss resting my hand on my belly and feeling her moving inside of me (I never thought I'd miss being pregnant but here we are! lol). And I loved giving birth. I've never felt so empowered and my birthing was a truly beautiful experience for me (I had an at-home water birth). It sounds totally crazy, but I would really love to be pregnant and give birth again. Granted, there are no guarantees that next time would be anything like this time, so a part of me just wants to cherish it and be glad that everything went so beautifully, but when I think about never having that experience again, it makes me sad, and I've been feeling this way for weeks. 

Am I crazy? Does anyone else feel this way? I wish surrogacy didn't involve all those needles, LOL, otherwise I would totally do it!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OAD but ...

• meo34meo34 member

I second enjoying your little one for now.  Don't take any permanent measures and revisit in a year or two and see how you feel.  You don't have to decide right away.

I can't really relate, I did have a great prenancy and my son was an awesome baby but the delivery and complications were rough.  Not that we couldn't have more but strongly advised not to.  I don't recall having a feeling of wanting to be pregnant again but it was awhile ago now. And my experience wasn't positive. 

• I can't say I ever thought that or felt that way after having my daughter. I was adamant about how it was going to be and that I have too many health issues to do it again since my diabetes got worse after I had my DD. I'm a type 1 diabetic and my pregnancy wasn't awesome because I was in nursing school and going to all the appointments. I had never been that emotional in my life and I was extremely mean to my team of doctors and their nurses. My first team of doctors I fired when their nurses weren't relaying my messages and the doctors were talking about delivering at 36 weeks via c-section. I also threatened to punch the dietitian I was forced to see the day my induction started. She was lying to me and I wasn't gonna put up with it. However my delivery was awesome and the way I wanted it to be, but all my doctors advised that I never have more children. However my OBGYN told me I shouldn't have more children, but she did want to leave me the option, so she wouldn't do the hysterectomy like I wanted. I tried to even talk her into it before I delivered my daughter, so we had birth control planned and I would be able to save a lot of money on pads & tampons. I wish she would have done the hysterectomy right after I had my daughter...

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

• Loading the player...
  • I totally understand. The idea of getting rid of maternity clothes is harder than getting rid of the baby clothes. I did not have an easy labor, but I loved being pregnant.
  • salt78salt78 member

I don't think it's crazy to miss being pregnant or the birth part. That's awesome that your birth went just the way you wanted it to!

I had a pretty easy time with being pregnant. I miss feeling her kick and I loved the anticipation of her actually getting here. But then I just remember that going through all that again would mean that I would have another child to raise afterward and that pretty much takes care of that.

Also I agree with PPs. You are just a month out. I was still really emotional around that time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagesalt78:

I don't think it's crazy to miss being pregnant or the birth part. That's awesome that your birth went just the way you wanted it to!

I had a pretty easy time with being pregnant. I miss feeling her kick and I loved the anticipation of her actually getting here. But then I just remember that going through all that again would mean that I would have another child to raise afterward and that pretty much takes care of that.

Also I agree with PPs. You are just a month out. I was still really emotional around that time.

Exactly this! I had a very easy pregnancy and labor and delivery, but the PPD was enough to make me one and done, let your emotions settle and then decide, at a month out I was still crying at least 6 hours a day!

• I'm the exact opposite. I would love another LO, but infertility issues plus a horrible, high- risk pregnancy and hard recovery from a C-section are what have me lurking on this board. If I did not have to go through IF treatments, the pregnancy and the recovery, it would be a non-issue. I have found actually having my DS to be easier than all of the aforementioned. DH thought the newborn stage was harder, but then again he didn't go through a pre-e, bed rest, debilitating nausea for 5 months, pregnancy or have to go though IF procedures other than just giving his sample in a cup.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"