Parenting after a Loss

Still don't get swim diapers

Okay, so, I have never really thought about swim diapers before this week.  We are taking a trip with DD to North Carolina in July and will have LOTS of pool/lake time.

I had never thought about swim diapers not holding pee and only holding poo and only formed poos before.

What are the best solutions for swim diapers?  Which are the best for holding waste?

I think I am making this more complicated than I need to (typical), but I am totally confused about which kind to use/how often to change them/what all they hold.

When you suggest what kind, please feel free to be as specific as possible, I am clueless.

TIA! 

Re: Still don't get swim diapers

• So, yea, I'm with you.. disposable swim diapers only hold poo, too, apparantly.. I thought they held pee also, but nope, learned that the hard way when I laid down DS on the bed in one and he peed all over the bed.. thanks, Huggies, for mentioning that on the packaging!

I bought a reusable i-play swim diaper and I put it OVER top of a regular disposable diaper.. granted DS was only in the water for 45 minutes.. but, when I took the reusable one off, the disposable was still holding strong!  It wasn't blown up at all!  SO, this will be our method going forward.. I've not tried the iplay re-usable without a disposable underneath, so I'm not sure if that stops pee, too.. I don't think so though?

I'm so confused because I thought at a public pool, as long as your kid was in a swim diaper, that was fine.. but, if the swim diaper lets the pee through, doesn't that defeat a majority of the purpose? *Shrugs*

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • delinodelino member
    I was told the swim diapers only work once they are wet.  I thought that was bizarre, but that's what I was told.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have always used the iplay swim diaper. It needs to be snug around the legs and waist. Pee isn't dangerous to those swimming around you do it doesn't need to hold pee. If your child is having diarhea don't bring them to the pool.
  • I use the disposable right before they are ready to go on the water and take it off when they are done. 
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Swim diapers are just yucky. Basically poop filters. I will never look at a swimming pool the same way again!
    I think there was a South Park about that...

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I use the iplay reuse able swim diapers. They don't hold pee but in a public pool there is plenty of chlorine to "kill" anything nasty and in a lake, pond whatever lets face it, everyone pees in those. 

Link has pooped in his swim diaper and it held it just like a normal diaper would. When I noticed I changed his diaper. We have 2 with us when we go swimming just for that reason.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    Alice pooped in her Huggies swim diaper while she was still on formula only. It was a bit runny due to the fact we had been in the pool for about an hour. It held just fine.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"