December 2013 Moms

Update: cyst on placenta found at NT Scan

Well I finally heard back from my doctor after leaving a message on Thursday [very unlike the dr's office but they still got an ear full]. A cyst was found on the placenta at the the cord insertion during the NT Scan. While cysts are normally not a problem the location of this one can cause asphyxiation or growth retardation if it compresses the cord. The dr at the imaging place was very vague and I was in shock so I left with a lot of questions.

I talked with my dr today and she said that normally these cysts get reabsorbed but if it doesn't or continues to grow they are going to be very proactive. I am being treated as a partial cord insertion [which it is not]. This means ultrasounds every four weeks until 30 weeks then once a week for the remainder of the pregnancy. I'll also have a stress test at some point. She said fortunately these cysts if they do cause a problem don't until the third tri. At that point they would probably deliver the baby early either by induction or C section [depending how many weeks and the health of the baby]. If the cyst grows larger before third tri and becomes a problem they can go in and drain the cyst though she's never seen it come to that.

So I feel a little better knowing what options we may be facing. There's really nothing that can be done or said at this point. We'll know more when I go back on July 8th. Any continued TP'S you guys can spare would be greatly appreciated.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Update: cyst on placenta found at NT Scan

• Thanks for updating, I was wondering how you were doing!  Glad it sounds like a wait and see approach.  Nothing crazy or invasive at this point.  Just try to focus on the fact that she said most of them get reabsorbed and also that you get extra ultrasounds to see your babe!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lots of T&P's your way. Fingers crossed that it resolves itself in the coming weeks and will be a non-issue. Certainly keep us updated!
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Loading the player...
  • sending lots of thoughts and prayer to you! this cannot be and easy thing to deal with. Hugs, and stay strong it will all work out
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 

• T and P's that all turns out fine! I do not have experience with a cyst on the placenta, but I had marginal cord insertion with DD, which sounds basically the same as what they are treating you for. I did have u/s every month or so, as well as stress tests towards the end to check on her growth. It was worrisome, but in the end she was absolutely fine and was born at a healthy 6 lbs 15 oz. Many times, these things correct themselves. Hoping yours does ASAP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jmb527jmb527 member
    Glad you got better answers from your Dr! Hope it goes away and doesn't cause any problems for LO! Thoughts and prayers your way!

• I hope it gets reabsorbed and causes no troubles. Sorry or the extra worry, thinking of you.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Sounds like they're going to watch it closely and that's great.  Prayers continue for it to resolve on its own.
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lp0lp0 member
    Thanks everyone! It's good to have some direction and to look on the bright side, at least I'll have lots of opportunity to see my lo.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Glad you finally got answers and what sounds like a good plan in place!
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• I'm sorry that's so scary. But I'm glad that it sounds like a good outlook overall. I hope it reabsorbs quickly.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so glad you got to speak with your doctor. It sounds like you gained a lot of clarity which is great. Continued FX for a smooth pregnancy and for the cyst to simpy absorb.

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • *HUGS* sorry you're going through this, glad you have an action plan though. Lots of T&P your way.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • lp0lp0 member

imageswirl25:
    T and P's that all turns out fine! I do not have experience with a cyst on the placenta, but I had marginal cord insertion with DD, which sounds basically the same as what they are treating you for. I did have u/s every month or so, as well as stress tests towards the end to check on her growth. It was worrisome, but in the end she was absolutely fine and was born at a healthy 6 lbs 15 oz. Many times, these things correct themselves. Hoping yours does ASAP!

Yes I think you're right, it was marginal not partial. We were talking about so much that I remembered incorrectly. What was the stress test like? What were they looking for? 

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• T Ps for you. Always feels good to have answers and your doctors seem very supportive and on top of it.

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"