Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Rainy day activities for a 14 month old???

Mobile: Rainy Day activities for a 14 month old???

It supposed to rain all.day.today.  And DH is working late :(  I really don't feel like going anywhere, so what are some of your favorite inside things to do with a 14 month old? 

Re: Rainy day activities for a 14 month old???

• ZimgerZimger member

We have a few sensory bins put up. He colors, dances to music, "helps" with lunch, ect

If I am searching for something for us to do I hit up Pinterest.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks ladies! A lot of these are actually our everyday activities lol but we've been lucky that we've been outside the whole past weekend. We just got out the air mattress about 15 minutes ago and this seems to be a great time passer he's loving walking around on it haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • jc&catjc&cat member
    Kiddie blow up pool filled with balls. That got us through the winter when DS was this age....until he popped the pool from jumping :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejc&cat:
    Kiddie blow up pool filled with balls. That got us through the winter when DS was this age....until he popped the pool from jumping :)

That's awesome :)

The only thing I have that hasn't been said is baking a simple recipe--cookies or a quick bread. Put the bowl on the floor and let 'em stir and pour while you measure. 

• Besdies the above, we also go outside in the rain for a little while.  Splashing in puddles is fun!
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One time I put the crib mattress on the floor to change the sheets and he loved jumping on it so I let him jump on it when he needs to get rid of some energy.  Also a long bath so he can splash around.
  • I gave my LO (14 months) a box and he thought it was christmas lol. It was one of those big huggies boxes. I also let him play in the tub with lots of bubbles and toys. Instead of focusing on getting  him clean, I just let him play. I also let him play in a usually restricted part of our house. Our bedroom is usually off limit but I just let him roam and explore of course watching him closely since our room is not childproofed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"